PDA

View Full Version : St. Louis Region Regional/National/IT Tour

brprok81
07-20-2008, 12:20 PM
It is two weeks away and only 9 IT drivers registered... anybody else coming? Don't forget to register for the second annual DASH. It is free to IT and SM if you are registered for the Saturday MidAm regional race, and we are giving out cash prizes again.

Online registration available at http://www.dlbracing.com/clubs/gcr.aspx?eventID=3091&return=/clubs/stlscca/clubrace.aspx%3fEventID%3d3091

mcgyverit
07-21-2008, 08:01 AM
Not going to be able to make this one, too many "other" expenses. You guys better start drinking fluids now if today is any indication. 98F

SLUF
07-22-2008, 01:46 PM
Four IT7 cars for St. Louis at the moment! Looks like Matt won his argument and will be here. Time to break out the new ho-ho's!

ebb
07-23-2008, 01:04 AM
That is right Bud, I pulled the right strings and will be there. I will look you up when I get there. This will make 7 races for the year so far. I originally told my wife I would do 6 all year, but I am having too much fun to stop now. Wait until she hears how many more I plan to do :).

SLUF
07-26-2008, 11:42 AM
Five IT7s now! Biggest group we will have run with so far. The IT group is up to 20 entries! Better go get our brakes done now.

Turkflyer
07-26-2008, 10:42 PM
I had to withdraw due to an accident. Was hoping to chase That fast Old Fart from Ft. Worth in the yellow Miata in ITA. Had an airplane crash instead, but just broke my arm and chewed up my knees. Hope to see you guys in October.

IPRESS
07-27-2008, 12:23 AM
Dang ED.... what happened? A plane crash doesn't sound fun. Tirewalls are more my style.
I am on the fence. My car is in Memphis and is being worked on (P&B) what's knew there:rolleyes:! If it is ready and I con some folks into getting it to Springfield in time to make the Saferacer hauler before it leaves I will be there. If not......... I guess I will wait for ARRC.
Ed you need to make the ARRC trip, it is the biggest best IT race of the year. Ren and the boys will be there.

SLUF
07-30-2008, 04:52 PM
Forecast is calling for upper 90s to near 100. I hope our new radiator helps!

brprok81
08-03-2008, 11:25 PM
Thanks to everybody who came out. Results for both days have been posted to mylaps. Hope to see everybody at MAM in two weeks.

IPRESS
08-04-2008, 09:46 AM
HUGE ATTAWAY to the STL Region. As I told the grid workers on Sunday before the electrical shebang hit us, "Saturday was the best run SCCA racing day I have ever seen." Everything went on time or even early. The whole thing including the DASH race was done in record time. Never ever raced both days 3 states away and been home for Dateline!
CONGRATS TO JEFF (a good improvedtouring.com guy) on his first time as a Race Chair........... he nailed it. (He planned right by getting an experienced crew who did a super job.)

PS: Jeff let the STL workers know they hit a grand slam this past weekend.
:023:

Mac

SLUF
08-04-2008, 10:08 AM
+1 on the job done by the STL staff this weekend. (Even you Jeef!)

The IT7 report is as follows. Four entries in class both days. Miracle of miracles I took my first ever class win when Matt's car ran into mechanical troubles mid race on Saturday! I had my problems in qualifying and started from the rear. I managed to run down the rest of the class and finish 11/22 overall. I wonder how come I didn't drive like this at Hallett! The DASH race was a blast but I made some stupid moves at the end of the race which cost me a shot at the podium positions. It was fun though!

We made a bad tire choice for Trey during Sunday qualifying sending him out on drys when wets would have been better. He started from the rear (same as dad, see a trend here?) but worked his way up to second in class and 16/20 overall. If our math is correct his second place points will lock up the MIDIV IT7 IT Tour title.

A really good weekend for us with no bent sheet metal and a couple of highlights for the POS-7 team!

ebb
08-04-2008, 10:30 AM
Bud, is Trey planning on racing in any more IT tour races this year? I think he is at 48pts, with 3 races left. Lynn Lamb has 19 pts, Curt does too. They could catch him if they win all remaining races. Charles and I have 12 each, we could potentially tie him if he does not race. I realize these are all long shots, but if Trey comes to one more race that should definitely seal it. Would have been a done deal if they had not have added the 2 races in Topeka.

I had a great time in St. Louis and plan on going back in Ocotober. Hopefully we continue to have decent turnout for IT 7.

Matt

SLUF
08-04-2008, 11:02 AM
We are kind of hoping no one driver is going to all three events left on the Tour schedule and win each one of them. We really have shot our racing travel budget and with Trey starting school next week puts a bit of a strain on us to make any additional out of town events.

Adding that weekend in HPT was a real bummer for Trey since we probably won't be able to go but them's the breaks. I understand the need for the organizers to get an increased car count for revenue and certainly applaud the decision but it kind of sucks for those of us that planned our travel schedules around the initial published calender. I realize this is an expensive hobby and we'll just roll with it for now.

Either Curt or Lynn would have to win out to get the title. I am pretty sure Curt is not going to any of the three remaining events. I do not know if Lynn is either. You can win out and tie as well as Charles Casteel. Seems I may have to make some further "arrangements" with some KC area IT7 racers to keep this from happening! (JK of course............................or am I?)

I did have a great time meeting up with you and being on track watching your tailights sail off in the distance. I need to ask Scott if he would have sold the car had he known it was that fast!

ebb
08-04-2008, 01:48 PM
Well I don't think you need to worry about me, I probably will not make all the races anyway. That and I would have to win against Scott Peterson, who is going to be at mam and topeka I am sure. Charles will probably go to topeka as well.

I bent my panhard bar on saturday, which caused the axle to shift so much that the driveshaft was rubbing the tunnel in some corners. That is not why I was flagged, it was a broken exhaust pipe dragging. I straightened the bar before the IT tour race but it was bent again after the race. I need to get that fixed asap and remake some exhaust parts.

Matt