PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Cell Rule

toddgreene
07-17-2008, 09:51 AM
I am at work and can't seem to pull up the GCR on-line...

If I change from OE tank to a fuel cell, what are the requirements?
Does the tank have to be SFI or FIA rated?

My thoughts are to put a plastic cell in a metal can underneath the car with a cut-out for the fill-opening in the hatch area of the car...

However, if this won't work, I may install the cell and can in the rear hatch area.
Does the metal can "seperate" the passenger compartment from the cell? or would I still need to close off the entire hatch area with sheet metal?

If someone can cut and paste the GCR requirements, that wouls be great.

Thanks,

Todd

Greg Amy
07-17-2008, 10:03 AM
Todd, a few things:

- Rulebook is available here: http://www.scca.com/documents/Club%20Rules/GCR2008.pdf
No need to ask someone to copy-paste here. In fact, given that the rules change, it's best to NOT copy-paste, lest someone in the future get led astray.

- The subject is far too difficult to discuss without prior knowledge of the
rules. Please read in advance, prior to asking for clarification.

- The topic is a bit of a sore spot here, and has been discussed ad nausea here; please use the search.

On Edit: Here's the latest discussion on this, from last month:
http://www.improvedtouring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24176

toddgreene
07-17-2008, 10:28 AM
Thanks Greg,

I did read the other threads.

Apparently there is a programming problem with the SCCA website.
I can't get the GCR.

I'll wait until i get back home and defer to my paper-copy.
So much for technology.

Thanks again,

Todd

lateapex911
07-17-2008, 10:38 AM
In my case, I called Jeremy Thoennis in Topeka, AND my local tech inspector, and when they both said the same thing, that's the way I went. I got a JAz cell, and fabbed metal bulkheads, and have a fender fill.

IMHO, of course.

Greg Amy
07-17-2008, 10:52 AM
Apparently there is a programming problem with the SCCA website. I can't get the GCR.

Todd, selecting that link above works for me. PM me your email address and I can email it to you (it's about 7 meg). - GA