PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to MVR and Nelson Ledges

dave parker
07-15-2008, 12:49 PM
Hi
Well, after a day of rest from the return trip I wanted send out my thanks to the Mahoning Valley Region and Nelson Ledges Road Course for a great weekend had by myself and the group that ventured with me for MARRS 4 and 5.
The Mahoning Valley people were very nice and put on a fun event. The management and staff of Nelson Ledges Road Course were very friendly and made us all feel like they wanted us to be there and have a good time (unlike several other tracks that I have been to).
The racing was fast and competitive. I met some new people that were fun to chat with and fun to race with as well. Saturdays rain race was pretty neat as it started raining when the five minute warning blew and stopped with about half a lap to go. CongRATulations to Tristan Herbert in the #33 ITB Rabbit GTi for the race win in his second ever car race on a track that he had never driven before.
Sundays race was dry, and the speeds were signifgantly faster. I had a good start and wiggled through into third place on the first lap. But my lack of laps at that track showed when halfway through the race both ITC cars I passed at the start "schooled" me on what I was giving up in some of the faster turns.
I would like to thank some of the nice people that I met in no particular order:
Carl Holbrook (#41 ITC Renault)
Jim Royal (#07 ITC Renault)
Jeremiah Johnson (#54 ITC Rabbit) This young man is very fast and will be quite the driver.
Dave Gills (#8 ITB Pinto)

All in all a great weekend. I would like to thank everyone that I shared the track with for NOT hitting my wife's racecar.:D I would have a very hard time explaining the damage to her. :shrug:

Cheers
Dave Parker
driving his wifes ITC Scirocco

chewy8000
07-15-2008, 04:47 PM
Yes!!!!! We had an awesome time and can't thank everyone enough for the hospitality.:happy204:It was a very fun track and the competition was tight. It seems I can only drive well in the rain... I learned another valuable lesson on "making your car pretty doesn't last". Atleast I have my first rollover or "perawet" out of the way.:shrug: Porta-power + spray cans this weekend.

http://www.improvedtouring.com/gallery/displayimage.php?imageid=197

mlytle
07-15-2008, 05:22 PM
on the bright side.....your car looks a whole lot better than the blue and green formula continental that hit the bridge does...:(

mbl
ITR #64