PDA

View Full Version : Nelson Ledges Sold

RX767
07-10-2008, 12:02 PM
I got wind of something odd when I received a semi-cryptic email from NeOhio region promoting their double regional at the end of July as one of the last chances to race at NL this year with the old configuration. I jumped to the track website and to several region's websites and there was no obvious reference to any changes. I did find a another remark buried in the June newletter for the Mahoning Valley region stating that this weekend will be their last event at the track for this year.

After contacting a few key people, here is what will happen:

The track will close after Labor Day and therefore the events scheduled for Sept and Oct will likely be cancelled unless they can be moved to another track.
The pit entrance will move to to where station 12 is located.
The entrace to the carousel may change.
All asphalt will be replaced and the track width will be increased to 10ft.
All buildings will be razed and replaced.
The tire wall will be moved back and restacked.
I plan on racing this weekend if can solve my " I had brakes when I parked the car last October, now I don't" problem. I ordered another master cylnder that is being overnighted. I have been going to Nelson Ledges since I was 7, and I think it is great if major improvements will be made. My only concern is that it remains open to the average club racer, and it does not become a "member only" country club.

All the best,
Bill Emery
ITB Triumph TR7
IT7 Mazda RX7 (still under construction)

RedMisted
07-10-2008, 07:16 PM
My only concern is that it remains open to the average club racer, and it does not become a "member only" country club.

It won't be "members-only" but you can probably forget about ever having the level of accessibility to Nelson that you now have...

mlytle
07-14-2008, 12:34 PM
whole thread on this topic already...

http://www.improvedtouring.com/forums/showthread.php?p=269393&highlight=nelson+ledges#post269393