PDA

View Full Version : Roebling Road Raceway Commercial

Hotshoe
06-23-2008, 03:24 PM
I thought you all would like a sneak peak before it goes on TV:cool:

Roebling Road Raceway

Ron Earp
06-23-2008, 04:03 PM
Holy smoke, you're famous now! :) Pretty cool flick, I really like those karts down there. Looks like a blast.

JeffYoung
06-23-2008, 04:12 PM
Where's the Fire Ant Pit of Doom, the Field of Savage Burning Grass and the Bathroom of Midget Stalls?

Ron Earp
06-23-2008, 04:19 PM
Where's the Fire Ant Pit of Doom, the Field of Savage Burning Grass and the Bathroom of Midget Stalls?

Don't forget the House of Kats, The Berms of Death, and the "only race track in the Southeast where you can't enter and exit at will". Notice how those details are conveniently left out.

I killed a lot of the ants on our last visit with my oil spills. Still, their numbers are legion and I'm sure they will be replenished for the SIC.

JeffYoung
06-23-2008, 05:05 PM
Oh, we can make this more descriptive.

There are:

1. The Sandy Tire Hills of Launching Crash-i-Tude.

2. The Infernal Gate of No Passage (While 3 Formula Vees "race").

3. The Lair of the Slobber-Eyed Cat Horde -- vicious, they have teeth.

4. The Blue Shed of Gastro-Intestinal Destruction.

5. The Afternoon Maelstroms of Coastal Soakedness.

6. The Convenience Store the Beer Truck Forgot.

dickita15
06-23-2008, 05:35 PM
Regardless of what these knuckle heads say that is a nice promo.

JeffYoung
06-23-2008, 05:42 PM
LOL.....yeah, we were a bit hard on Buccaneer Region, and the track. Some inside jokes there as well....

BUT, Buccaneer Region is notable for being one of the only regions that actually owns their track. While it shows a bit in the facilities, it is a great place to race. Lotsa fun.

tom_sprecher
06-23-2008, 06:05 PM
Besides youtube where will this be shown? Also, does Peter Frost (142 mph DSR driver) know about this?

I know two of the people they chose to interview and whoever did the picking came up with a couple of really decent guys to talk to. Seriously.

Ron Earp
06-23-2008, 06:35 PM
6. The Convenience Store the Beer Truck Forgot.

The Convenience Store the Beer Truck Forgot is also The Brown Navy Naval Station. Be careful there.

Roebling is a fantastic track. I used to HATE going down there just as crew. But when I raced the place for the first time last Fall I loved it, lots of fun.

Gary Gentry
06-23-2008, 10:38 PM

heh heh Bathroom of Midget Stalls.....you oughta try being 6'4" and trying to do bidness in thar

And I think a rather large number of the fire ants have moved northward into my yard......or so it would seem.

JeffYoung
06-24-2008, 02:50 AM
No kidding! I've seen you in there....TOO much of you......I try to blank it out.

Fire ants in Goldsboro???? Damn.....Raleigh, here they come.