PDA

View Full Version : Tire slippage on rim

mbuskuhl
06-20-2008, 08:20 PM
Is this common? My last set of tires and current set both have slipped on the rim. More specifically, I use a tire crayon and mark the tire and the wheel, usually where the valve stem is. I notice the rear tires actually slip on the rim and rotate a few inches.

Tires are Hoosier R6 225/45/15 on 15x7 Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2...should be no problem. Tires have been brand new both times since I started watching this.

Doesn't happen on the front, just the rears and it's not like my little RX-7 is putting out lots of power....just fully built ITS type HP and torque.

JoshS
06-20-2008, 08:25 PM
Is this common? My last set of tires and current set both have slipped on the rim. More specifically, I use a tire crayon and mark the tire and the wheel, usually where the valve stem is. I notice the rear tires actually slip on the rim and rotate a few inches.

Tires are Hoosier R6 225/45/15 on 15x7 Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2...should be no problem. Tires have been brand new both times since I started watching this.

Doesn't happen on the front, just the rears and it's not like my little RX-7 is putting out lots of power....just fully built ITS type HP and torque.

Surprising to see that on the rears but not the fronts. I've seen it on the fronts, from braking, always on tires just mounted (too much lubricant!)

It's relatively harmless, but if you're concerned, the fix is to let the tires sit for longer after mounting to allow the lubricant to dry up.