PDA

View Full Version : Moroso Construction Photos online

titanium
06-18-2008, 12:28 PM
Photo's of the construction of the new road course at Moroso Motorsports Park are up on the track's website:
http://racemoroso.com/index.php?option=com_gallery2&Itemid=128&g2_itemId=2867
Reminds me back in 2000 when I was having Paul Yaw build a carb for my first gen. RX7.
He wanted to know the altitude of the track I would be racing at.
I told him "I don't know. Maybe 5 feet".

Chris Wire
06-18-2008, 11:55 PM
Search though I may, I still haven't been able to find a map of the future course. Anyone?

titanium
06-19-2008, 12:36 PM
The office at the track has an drawing on the wall of the new layout so I will try and recount it from memory.
The new turn 2 - 6 layout will follow the current course.
(just wider, with some new elevation changes)
If you look at the picture, there is a semi-circle in the dirt.
This is the new 180 that take you back up to what was turn 2.
(See circle)
I'm dont remember how they plan to connect that new turn to the rest of the course.
Also, they moved the pond.
It used to be on drivers-right between 2b and 3.
It is now on drivers-left.
(See rectangle)

its66
06-19-2008, 01:47 PM
It's beginning to look a little more interesting. I might actually be tempted to go back. :D

Chris Wire
06-19-2008, 02:08 PM
The aerial view does show how hard this project must be, given that the facility is essentially landlocked. I wonder just how much improvement can ultimately be had, though the new asphalt alone will make a big difference.

spawpoet
06-19-2008, 02:20 PM
The aerial view does show how hard this project must be, given that the facility is essentially landlocked. I wonder just how much improvement can ultimately be had, though the new asphalt alone will make a big difference.

If you havent seen any other pictures of the construction they can be found here: http://www.morosomotorsportspark.com/ . Seems to me that they are redoing the entire facility outside of carting and the offices. From what I understand they will have garages similar to those at Homestead though they won't be done by late fall. They are definitely pulling out all the stops in the remodel. I'm curious to see how they develop paddock space as they are using most of what they had before to locate the road course away from the dragstrip.

chris

titanium
06-19-2008, 04:56 PM
This is a better shot of the new turn.
If you look at this picture, the trees in the previous picture are now gone.
Also, you can see the runoff area. (Clockwise rotation)

Chris Wire
06-19-2008, 07:55 PM
I still don't see how they're going to change it that much, given the limited space available, and demand from the other disciplines (drags, karts), while still using a good portion of the original course. Also, the increased parking demands for a facility potentially running two separate events simultaneously is going to be far higher.

But, I'm patient enough to wait and see. Looking forward to some pics of the final product.

dickita15
06-20-2008, 06:37 AM
I was told by someone involved that I would be impressed with the redesign. He said it would be a far better track and be much safer.

titanium
07-20-2008, 08:16 PM
The new layout is now posted on the Moroso website:
http://www.morosomotorsportspark.com/
Man, if they really get everything on the page accomplished, I'll be impressed:)