PDA

View Full Version : Wolf Ridge Hill Climb

Hotshoe
06-09-2008, 03:52 PM
... Just a line to say.... Thank You .... To the "Central Carolina Region" for hosting such a fun event.

... Of course my weekend would not be complete unless I had at least one off track excursion that left me stranded (high sided) 25 ft from the finish line:cool:

... Plus..... yes, there is more.... I also backed my pickup into the ditch and got it stuck the night before.:D

... But the hill climb was a blast.... I made some new friends, and got to see a few I hadn't seen in a while..... and was able to bring it home in one piece.... Whew..... and that is saying A LOT. When you are accustom to gravel traps and rumble strips and you trade them for ditches and dirt banks .... Well ??? you get the picture. 10/10ths .... NOPE maybe 8/10ths is better .... just to be safe:eclipsee_steering:

Thanks again... Rickey T

.... I will be posting a video soon....

spawpoet
06-09-2008, 04:43 PM
Do you have any in car video? I would be curious to see some. Hillclimbs in south florida aren't that scary:p. Ok the Bay Bottom Crawl is CALLED a hillclimb, but my wife has more elevation changes than they do on the loop road at sugarloaf key. It is hairraising from what I hear though (haven't run yet). Most years I think somebody ends up in the either the mangroves or the bay. Good luck explaining that to state farm:blink:.

chris

pballance
06-09-2008, 04:56 PM
Well, not from Wolf Ridge but from the other Hillclimb in NC.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HJUzETITX0

And here is one from Alabama, www.CrowMountainHillclimb.org (http://www.CrowMountainHillclimb.org)

This is an in car of the road shot from an RX8 with a handheld camera. I will try to find Geroge Bowlands run up the same hill during an event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVefnT083xY

pballance
06-09-2008, 04:59 PM
... Just a line to say.... Thank You .... To the "Central Carolina Region" for hosting such a fun event.

... Of course my weekend would not be complete unless I had at least one off track excursion that left me stranded (high sided) 25 ft from the finish line:cool:

... Plus..... yes, there is more.... I also backed my pickup into the ditch and got it stuck the night before.:D

... But the hill climb was a blast.... I made some new friends, and got to see a few I hadn't seen in a while..... and was able to bring it home in one piece.... Whew..... and that is saying A LOT. When you are accustom to gravel traps and rumble strips and you trade them for ditches and dirt banks .... Well ??? you get the picture. 10/10ths .... NOPE maybe 8/10ths is better .... just to be safe:eclipsee_steering:

Thanks again... Rickey T

8/10ths is probably too hard :o Come on down to Crow Mountain. The crown in the road in the esses got me airborne last year. I was not hte only one.

Glad you survived Rickey, Did Russ make it from Florida in his Z car?

seckerich
06-09-2008, 10:13 PM
Not sure what Ricky calls 8/10ths or if he is even aware of the term. All I saw was one hung out Z3 going up a mountain. I will see what we can do about some video. There are 5 or 6 on yahoo video.