PDA

View Full Version : ECR+CCPS+PDX-Rockingham Speedway-June 28-29th

civicracer13
06-06-2008, 09:42 AM
Low entry fees and a fun, challenging track.
ECR is $200 - 1.5 Hour Race - Saturday June 28th
CCPS is $180 - 45 Minute Race with $$$ payout - Sunday June 29th
PDX is $100 for members and $125 for non-members - Lots of track time all weekend

Registration is now open!
http://www.ncrscca.com/drivers.htm (http://www.ncrscca.com/drivers.htm)

Supps say we can use the NASCAR garages again, first come first served. Nice!

We'll be there in ITC for the enduros!
Matt
http://www.douglas-racing.com (http://www.douglas-racing.com/)

Knestis
06-06-2008, 10:36 AM
So I'm correct in understanding that there's no SARRC points race that weekend?

K

JeffYoung
06-06-2008, 10:41 AM
Kirk, you points monger!

Nope, no SARRCs at Rockingham this year. NCR is I think committed to running SARRCs at VIR only.

Nashville not this weekend but next...Probably not too long a tow for you.

tom_sprecher
06-06-2008, 10:43 AM
Those are some great prices too, but with no SARRC points, no double, the price of diesel and that fact that the slow economy has effected my business I'm tapped for now. Have fun but I'll have to pass.

OT: I drove past Wilkesboro last month by accident on business. That track is so close to the highway if you fell off the back of the stands you would hit the road. There was a huge sign, "Racetrack For Sale", nailed to the stands.

JeffYoung
06-06-2008, 11:00 AM
Wikesboro is such a shame, and unlike Rockingham no one is keeping it up. I used to drive by that track probably 20 times a year going from Raleigh to Boone and back.

Went to several races there in the mid and late 80s. Great track too. Uphill one straight, down the other.......

It's a shame someone doesn't do something with that place. I guess it is still owned 1/2 by Bruton and 1/2 by the Bahres? Or did Bruton buy out the Bahres?

Knestis
06-06-2008, 04:15 PM
Kirk, you points monger!

Nope, no SARRCs at Rockingham this year. NCR is I think committed to running SARRCs at VIR only.

Nashville not this weekend but next...Probably not too long a tow for you.

Funny thing is, I started the season not caring in the least about SARRC points. Then the IT Triple Crown thing came long. THEN we had a good weekend and leaped up the points chart (presuming anyone is actually COUNTING the points - they haven't updated the standings since the beginning of May).

All of a sudden, there's a pretty good chance that we're actually in (or certainly near) the ITB points lead. That makes the Triple Crown a real possibility, since I was going to do the 'fest and the ARRC this year anyway...

:026:

I don't pretend that I can win the ARRC with so little (potentially zero) RAtl experience, or have the same kind of success at MO for the same reason, but just being near the top in all three legs might get us there.

K

JeffYoung
06-06-2008, 04:36 PM
You are having an AWESOME year, and are probably leading the points. If you can make Nashville, you could score two more wins (although I think Jay Marlowe is signed up and he is fast in B.....in fact I just looked and there are 6 B cars signed).

Go for it man, I'd love to see you and Pablo El Segundo win a SARRC championship, which to me anyway is the most prestigious of all that stuff.

How are you at Roebling? Jay is quick there, and you'll need 5/6 wins like Bowie says going in. But you can do it.....we're pulling for ya.

Knestis
06-06-2008, 06:51 PM
RR is not problem for me. I don't have a lot of time there but Pablo is well suited to the type of corners that dominate the layout.

And, while it might suck some of the fun out of the weekend, we're planning to come to the SIC fully prepared, with the intention of protesting Marlowe's car for noncompliance. I haven't done that in a LONG time but it looks like it will be necessary.

K

JeffYoung
06-06-2008, 07:07 PM
I really like Roebling. The track is a true driver's track and is HIGH SPEED. So Pablo likes long high speed sweepers better than abrupt transitions? My car too.

Good luck on the SIC. I'm pulling for you guys.

Knestis
06-06-2008, 10:38 PM
Heck, yeah - a la Nelson Ledges. Or the last couple of corners before the climb up hill at Summit. Torque is a great thing, in those types of turn, too. But you knew that. :)

K

manny
06-12-2008, 11:43 AM
wish i could make the race, i've been out of work since Jan 08. i havent made a race all year:(. hope you guys have fun and be safe out there:)

CHennecy85
06-20-2008, 12:53 AM
Did everyone forget how much fun Rockingham is? Why are there hardly any cars signed up for next weekends event? I could care less if they have SARRC points at Rockingham myself. I just want to race at an awesome track with a lot of history. I put Rockingham in the same category as Daytona and Charlotte. I'll be there if we get my car running again by next weekend.

JeffYoung
06-20-2008, 01:15 AM
Chris! We've missed you this year man. How close is the car the being ready?

The TR8 is in the shop getting some body work and is out of commission but we plan on taking the Z car down to race. Hope to see you there.

civicracer13
06-20-2008, 08:53 AM
Registration is now open!
http://www.ncrscca.com/drivers.htm (http://www.ncrscca.com/)

Supps say we can use the NASCAR garages again, first come first served. Nice!

NutDriverRighty
06-20-2008, 10:17 AM
Just wanted to put my $0.02 worth in about the CCPS race at Rockingham. With gas prices getting ever higher, this is a very economical way to get seat time. My brother (Captain Who) and I regularly run the series and it allows BOTH of us to get seat time for ONE entry fee. Doug normally practices the car, I qualify and take the first stint, then Doug finishes. Both of us get around 40 minutes of seat time for half an entry fee!
Also, I love the Rockingham course. It rewards proper line choice, slow in-fast out, and late braking. It punishes banzai driving (anyone see the silver/gray Civic last year?), allows for side-by-side racing, and has more than one passing area. As a bonus when I was last there in March of 07, we were on a first-come, first-served basis with the garages. Yep, you heard me right. Many of us got FREE covered garage space!
Oh, and as a final note, the workers (and stewards.........thanks Mike Pressley) are particularly adept at putting out fires in the pits!! (ask Steve Eckerich about his new "whack-a-mole" game).

Scott Franklin
ITA/7 and SPU
CCR BoD
SWC CCR Road Racing Liaison

CHennecy85
06-23-2008, 12:44 AM
We are pretty close with the car. Everything is back together we just need to take it out to the racetrack here, make sure it runs smoothly and make a few adjustments. I've missed all the good races this year and would hate to miss Rockingham too.