PDA

View Full Version : Corolla Suspension setting for Road racing Question

nip_mr2
06-04-2008, 12:23 PM
Look for some input on setting the suspension on an ITA '86 Corolla. I'm not sure of the name of the suspension the car has, buit the shocks and spring ride height are adjustable, and it has camber plates on the front. It is rear drive with a solid axle. I race an MR2 currently. I know my setup will not work with car. A friend ahs ask about setting suspension up for him and I looking to get a baseline to start from. I really don't want to ball his car up in a practice day or race.
Any help or suggestion will go a long way for the owner and me.
Thank you
Doug Kinser
ITA #03 MR2

JamesB
06-04-2008, 12:45 PM
Doug, is it 4 corner coil over or just sleved fronts?

nip_mr2
06-04-2008, 05:51 PM
I'm not sure. I still waiting on a little more info. about the suspension.

nip_mr2
06-05-2008, 07:04 AM
James, He told me that they are coil overs. Megan is the name of the suspension he bought. He said the front are 32 way adjustable shocks.

AE86ITA
07-19-2008, 11:59 AM
Look for some input on setting the suspension on an ITA '86 Corolla. I'm not sure of the name of the suspension the car has, buit the shocks and spring ride height are adjustable, and it has camber plates on the front. It is rear drive with a solid axle. I race an MR2 currently. I know my setup will not work with car. A friend ahs ask about setting suspension up for him and I looking to get a baseline to start from. I really don't want to ball his car up in a practice day or race.
Any help or suggestion will go a long way for the owner and me.
Thank you
Doug Kinser
ITA #03 MR2

Hello Doug:
We have a AE86 a recently finished building. Our suspension was built from scrash and we are using 8kg/6kg front/rear springs. Also we have heim joints all over with a KAAZ 2way LSD and 4.77 final drive.

Last Sunday we went to a Track Day at a Kart Track and with only 100whp and our car posted FTD fastest time of the day.

If you want give me a call (787) 635-9546 or email at [email protected] there are some pictures and info here http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=31347

Thanks,

Spinnetti
07-19-2008, 07:46 PM
Hi.... I've run one forever (seems like)... be careful as lots of mods are not legal in SCCA ITA, including coilovers in the rear..... I can prolly help you out, though I don't run nearly the crazy spring rates that are the fad these days.. Its an easy driving car, and its a better car than the MR2 on track IMO... (I've had 3 MR2s also). Where are you located?

Dave Spinnett.

AE86ITA
07-19-2008, 08:15 PM
Hello Dave:
I finally got the car to a track and got it almost ITA ready. There are a few item that I have to look over and also assemble the new motor. The car turns as if on rails and stops on a dime just in need of 10-15whp more.

About my suspension I am runing front ground control coilovers with KYB AGX and 8kg(448psi) eibach springs and 6kg swift rear springs. TRD F&R swaybars with complete heim joints all around.

There some item that we can use in www.technotoytuning.com

Dave I lost your email info please send me an email to share some pictures.

Thanks

AE86ITA
07-19-2008, 08:25 PM
Doug:
Just to start getting things going get the car alligned for the track with -2½ Deg camber (-.5 Deg for the street) and Toe (depends if he has solid tension rod or rubber) 0 for solid Toe-In 1/16" for urathane and 1/8" In for rubber.
That should help for now.

Efrain

Spinnetti
07-19-2008, 11:51 PM
Hey Efrain....

I've got my car all apart for some freshen up/repaint... taking me too long!

you guys can reach me at dspinnett <at> Yahoo <dot> com