PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Gen. Exhaust

bldn10
06-04-2008, 09:58 AM
For the umpteenth time, the front muffler on my SpeedSource single 3" system either busted or, this time, broke off. I was going to replace it w/ the ISC front section and weld on the rest of mine (that is still good) but Mike is out them and not building anymore soon enough. What good exhaust alternatives are available?

bldn10
06-05-2008, 08:35 PM
Come on, guys, what are you using?

I stopped at my local muffler shop today and the guy told me that he was seeing a number of Borlas w/ the inlet/outlet pulled out or broken like mine. Can I get reviews on Ultraflow (what ISC uses), Magnaflow, etc.?

mbuskuhl
06-05-2008, 09:37 PM
I have a Racing Beat 3" medium presilencer shortly after the header, followed by the ISC 3" mandrel pipe and a stainless steel Ultra-Flo muffler (same one as ISC but in stainless). It's about the 5th exhaust system in the last 12 months, mostly because I tend to smash them up or things break. I am happy with this setup (3 weekends now) and make good HP.

waynehussey
06-05-2008, 10:25 PM
I use the three inch inlet and outlet ultra flow race muffler (not sure if it is the same as ISC) and it works good for me. It is a little loud, but is consistantly under 103dbs.

Marcus Miller
06-06-2008, 10:27 PM
good experiences with the magnaflow and ultraflo. less so with the dynamax and flowmaster. i always wanted to try a spintech, but...

(sorry for typos, i'm on y mobile

Weaver7
06-11-2008, 11:59 PM
RB header with dual pipes into a 3 inch collector...had local muffler shop bend 3 inch pipe into an ultraflo muffler. The car originally had a Borla on it but was much to quiet for my taste. :023: