PDA

View Full Version : Event Name

Catch22
06-02-2008, 07:44 PM
The official name of the event is the "ITSpectacular." Obviously so named because of the inclusion of the Spec classes.

But EVERYBODY is calling this little hoedown "The ITFest." Honestly I've seen it lead to some confusion. Even this forum is called the "IT Festival."

If possible, I'd like to suggest the event name be officially changed to "IT Festival," unless of course someone has already claimed that name and it can't be done.

Scott, who heard people call it "ITFest" about 100 times this past weekend and heard not one single person say "IT Spectacular."

TAC
06-02-2008, 09:51 PM
Scott,

You are correct that the SPEC is in the name because of the inclusion of Spec Classes. Drivers will call it what they will over time. Every time I hear the A.R.R.C. called the "ARC". I start thinking Noah and the big flood. I'm sure there are a few in the bible belt that still think that there's a big replica of the boat w/animals at Road Atlanta every year in November. :D

tom_sprecher
06-03-2008, 10:55 AM
I'm sure there are a few in the bible belt that still think that there's a big replica of the boat w/animals at Road Atlanta every year in November. :D

Whadyamean "think"? There is indeed a flotilla of land yachts that shows up every year and if you saw what comes out of it's holds, "animals" would not be a stretch. :rolleyes:

BOT: I call it "The IT Fest" and it can be confusing but call it whatever you guys want and it will be duly noted in the rules.

See you at the docks. ;)