PDA

View Full Version : New to the Forum

CRallo
06-02-2008, 02:45 PM
I've been getting involved in the Paddock and between races working on a variety of IT cars. I figured I'd hop on the forum check it out and introduce myself to those that don't already know me.

how did I find my way to IT?

I had a ride worked out to run a Neon ACR in SSC this year. It evaporated just before the first race at NHMS, but I attended anyways. I went so that I could learn about the SCCA and how they do things, learn about the cars and meet the people. Stepping back a bit I've been a mechanic since high school, went to college for it, worked for Skip Barber for two years, raced their cars and continue to wrench, driving whenever the opportunity is available.

I plan to be at most of the NorthEast events this year.

See y'all at the track!!

Greg Amy
06-02-2008, 04:13 PM
Uh, oh....

Jeremy Billiel
06-02-2008, 04:36 PM
This place is going to hell now....

Chris knows all of our secrets.

CRallo
06-02-2008, 06:10 PM
thanks for the warm welcome guys :eek: i knew I could count on you...

as far as secrets go i can only think of one person who is handing out Kessler developed and Kakashi proven setup information like it's candy on Halloween:D and it's not me

o wait, you mean the secret that you guys can't drive and the Kessler built cars carry you?? sorry, but that cat got out of the bag long before my time in IT...:shrug:

lateapex911
06-02-2008, 06:48 PM
Hmmmm, you wouldn't happen to be employed by a certain tuning shop in CT, would you?

Jeremy Billiel
06-02-2008, 06:52 PM
Yup thats the one!

I am glad that Matt has tought him well.

CRallo
06-03-2008, 12:12 PM
Hmmmm, you wouldn't happen to be employed by a certain tuning shop in CT, would you?

I would... it's in a fortress on a hidden hill with a moat and all lol

yea, we met somewhat formally at the last race when you cleaned up it IT7:happy204:

Yup thats the one!

I am glad that Matt has tought him well.

all joking aside I am very impressed with both drivers of the #98GSR. The vetran's championships, wins and multiple track records took more than just a fast car... and the up and comer drives very clean and will be very competitive with a bit more seat time.:eclipsee_steering:

I look forward to working more with Matt and learning as much as I can while I'm at it even if my questions get annoying LOL I'm no idiot, but Matt has a wealth of knowledge and experience. Give Matt work so he can keep me on full time!! :)

I also look forward to the day that I am able to get on the track with all of you. I've been very impressed with what I've seen so far both on the track and off.

JLawton
06-03-2008, 12:53 PM
Plain and simple, he's a whore!

CRallo
06-03-2008, 01:28 PM
Plain and simple, he's a whore!

uh... what? don't usually get called that lol

7racing
06-03-2008, 03:55 PM
I also look forward to the day that I am able to get on the track with all of you. I've been very impressed with what I've seen so far both on the track and off.

[shameless plug]Have I got a deal for you! Nissan 240sx for sale. Call me. :D[/shameless plug]

dominojd
06-03-2008, 05:38 PM
[shameless plug]Have I got a deal for you! Nissan 240sx for sale. Call me. :D[/shameless plug]

Don't do it Chris. It has the wrong Nissan engine in that car. :D

lateapex911
06-03-2008, 05:48 PM
[biting tongue mode ON]

At least it's a Nissan...
[/biting tongue mode OFF]

You're welcome Jeremy........;)

CRallo
06-03-2008, 06:02 PM
Yes, that is quite shameless, but atleast you'll admit it:p

Don't do it Chris. It has the wrong Nissan engine in that car. :D

what? just cuz it's bigger than your's ;)

a 2.4 in ITA, mmm what is wrong with it?

[biting tongue mode ON]

At least it's a Nissan...
[/biting tongue mode OFF]

You're welcome Jeremy........;)

Nissan eh? What's Kessler think of these?

lateapex911
06-03-2008, 07:32 PM
You know, that 240 is a capable car, and has sat on the pole a number of times. (And that model is an ARRC winner) I'd buy the thing, but I'm not enough of a mechanic for it. I need the keep it simple, stupid, RX-7!

gran racing
06-03-2008, 09:33 PM
Hey, if you're a good mechanic and like working on cars, the 240 might be a good match. :o Hey, I'm just saying.

By any chance, did you talk with Brett, Brandon, and co. at the Glen? They are now driving Miatas.

7racing
06-04-2008, 11:18 AM
You know, that 240 is a capable car, and has sat on the pole a number of times. (And that model is an ARRC winner) I'd buy the thing, but I'm not enough of a mechanic for it. I need the keep it simple, stupid, RX-7!

I couldn't have said it better myself. :happy204:

Car is capable, fast, winning, just needs a better mechanic.

7racing
06-04-2008, 11:19 AM
By any chance, did you talk with Brett, Brandon, and co. at the Glen? They are now driving Miatas.

Brandon still has his 240, he is just getting some work done on it. It will be back and as fast as ever, I'm sure.

CRallo
06-04-2008, 03:59 PM
Hey, if you're a good mechanic and like working on cars, the 240 might be a good match. :o Hey, I'm just saying.

I spoke to Sean and Brett at the first race at NHMS and got an ear full about those cars lol

Speaking of cars for sale: Hey, what about that Neon? or are you having second thoughts?

Brandon still has his 240, he is just getting some work done on it. It will be back and as fast as ever, I'm sure.

yea Brandon's is still lurking, guess he's still looking for a good mechanic :D

gran racing
06-04-2008, 05:51 PM
I can't say that I don't have second thoughts about selling it, but it's just silly for me to keep it. As I mentioned, one of the biggest issues is that it's at my co-workers parents house which isn't close to either of us. He went home to take a few pictures of the car, but haven't received it from him yet. I've considered seeing how much Matt would charge to store it for a little while until it's sold - at least that way it'll be closer to me.

I'll bug Jon again for the pictures. Sorry for the delay!