PDA

View Full Version : MR2 ITB 2,525 lbs

RSTPerformance
05-21-2008, 08:57 PM
Ok no complaining from anyone whom DOES NOT e-mail:

[email protected]

Its that easy!!!

Raymond "I could fit 3 of these in place of the 2 Audi's... hummmm :rolleyes:" Blethen

Spinnetti
05-22-2008, 07:57 PM
Ok, what position is it that you are advocating? That it should go to B at this weight or shouldn't? Does the Corolla go with it? I was about to freshen up my car, but I'll not bother if I have to add 300# to it. I'll just sell it as a drifter.

Knestis
05-22-2008, 09:33 PM
The process says that - unless there's something going on that I don't personally know about - the difference between the two will be due to the 50# adder that the MR2 got for being mid-engined, so figure about 2475 for the Corolla. Nobody has requested that we revisit it but we've talked about doing it proactively.

K

RSTPerformance
05-24-2008, 04:40 PM
not advocating either way... If it goes to ITB I may think of switching from the Audi but I am not so sure I want to step away from the Audi's yet...

Raymond... "Maybe I will get a dry/short track car and keep the Rain/long track car" Blethen

Jake
05-24-2008, 07:55 PM
Anyone wanna buy an ITB MR2?

Jake "Holding his 2 week while his 4 year old runs around" Fisher

Spinnetti
05-25-2008, 10:40 AM
The process says that - unless there's something going on that I don't personally know about - the difference between the two will be due to the 50# adder that the MR2 got for being mid-engined, so figure about 2475 for the Corolla. Nobody has requested that we revisit it but we've talked about doing it proactively.

K

I've never understood the classing of most Toyotas. Neither the MR2 or Corolla has ever been competitive with the Hondas in A - why not add weight to the Hondas instead? I guess it makes more sense in B with a bit more weight, but count me out if the Corolla goes to B. I don't want to be in B and I sure as heck don't want to carry around ballast. Irony is that I kinda like the idea of the Audi coupe in B! (I drive an A4 on the street, and have access to a a nice donor coupe)

Knestis
05-25-2008, 10:28 PM
We'd have to re-spec a whole slew of A cars to get the math to match the Corolla at its current weight there. Easier to raise the bridge than lower the water. :)

K

Spinnetti
05-26-2008, 03:56 PM
We'd have to re-spec a whole slew of A cars to get the math to match the Corolla at its current weight there. Easier to raise the bridge than lower the water. :)

K

I suppose so... Just leave me in A. I've got the original car the spec was written on, and probably got one of the few remaining Corollas out there anyway.

Knestis
05-26-2008, 05:13 PM
I suppose that if nobody cares, it can stay right where it is.

Since I imagine it will come up in conversation, how hard did you have to work to get it to its current minimum weight? How much weight is left in it, that could come out with IT preparation?

K

Jake
05-26-2008, 08:35 PM
FWIW - the 'Rollla is a totally different animal. While I've argued that MR2's can be had for pocket change and built to race IT easily - the AE86 is a rare and sought after beast due to the drifting community. I honestly don't think you'll see many people building them for IT regardless of where it is classed.

Spinnetti
05-26-2008, 09:50 PM
I suppose that if nobody cares, it can stay right where it is.

Since I imagine it will come up in conversation, how hard did you have to work to get it to its current minimum weight? How much weight is left in it, that could come out with IT preparation?

K

I built it up from the body in white with all new stuff and every legal mod. Its difficult to get to weight - there is no more to be done. I forgot to mention... When the class went to weight with driver, I was instantly 50lb over too. (I'm230). Where allowed, I even used shorter fasteners. I'd like to think I've had the best Corolla out there, which used to be enough to keep me in the hunt, but not to beat equally prepped cars that are better. Getting down to ITB weight should be too easy - Take out the passenger seat and you are about there.... Hmmm.. how would it fare in limited prep prod I wonder?