PDA

View Full Version : Driving Impressions PRO IT Round 2:

Edwin Robinson
05-19-2008, 09:34 PM
To all Pro-IT competitiors and prospective competitors:

A challenge for Round 2:
RaceShopper will double all Hawk award contingencies for Pro-IT Race #2 for each class that has MORE starting competitors than listed for Round 1!!!
:happy204:

I don't need to tell you that IT has long been the poor removed stepchild in relation to the SCCA National Classes.
Now is your time!
Bob has done a fantastic job in setting this whole program up - and administering it.
Now, tell your fellow racers and get them involved!

Best Regards,
Edwin Robinson.

P.S. - Stay tuned for more crazy rewards- like winners in pink cars, vehicles marques that start with the letter 'R' and people who reside within 10 miles of Norfolk, CT!
http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=18109569&BRD=2329&PAG=461&dept_id=487245&rfi=6

Edwin,
Thank you for your support and help in growing our series. I am on the phone daily with Edwin from RaceShopper.com and he is very happy with our results. I think in time you will see more sponsors and more help from our present sponsors. What we as racers have to do is know that we have something that is very good and support it and the sponsors the best way that we know how. It was a great event and I really enjoyed meeting many of the drivers. I love to see people happy and not bickering. We could have great competition without problems and I believe the drivers of PRO-IT are proving this. I want to personally see great competition without people destroying their cars. There needs to be a respect on the track for each other. We need to put on a great show and maybe in time we will build up a spectator base. We are on the right track.

Thanks again,
Bob Zecca"

dtanthon
05-20-2008, 01:41 PM
Edwin,

Thanks!
Look for the entry for round 2 to be posted shortly by Triregion. Should be the same format as round 1.

Thanks,
Darrell

robits325is
05-20-2008, 03:14 PM
Are we using the same track configuration?

gt40jim
05-20-2008, 04:24 PM
Where is Round 2 at? Jim Locke

dtanthon
05-20-2008, 04:42 PM
Round 1
Saturday 05/10 - NNJR (http://www.scca-nnjr.org/)
Pocono, Pa
(with NNJR's Joe Deluca and Linda Gronlund Freedom Races and Enduro)

Round 2
Saturday 07/05 - Tri-Region
Pocono, Pa
(with Tri-Regions double NARRC regional races)

Round 3
Saturday 08/02 - NNJR (http://www.scca-nnjr.org/)
Lime Rock, CT
(with NNJR National races)

Round 4
Saturday 08/23 - NNJR (http://www.scca-nnjr.org/)
Millville, NJ
(with NNJR regional races)

Rounds 5 & 6
Saturday&Sunday 10/18-19 - NNJR (http://www.scca-nnjr.org/)
Millville, NJ
(with Jersey Road Racing Classic (JRRC) finale regional races) Year End Awards Ceremony

Robert Zecca
05-22-2008, 11:39 AM
Guys,
It looks like Edwin at RaceShopper has gone crazy! Remember Crazy Eddie years ago?? Anyway he is really stepping up to the plate because he believes in what we are doing. We got a great thing and you will see this grow with the support of everyone this will happen
I apologize for not spending much time on the series this week, I am very busy getting ready for our race at Lime Rock for Memorial Day weekend and I will be back to everyone after the weekend. Good News..... I just did an interview with Philip Royale of SportCar mag about PROIT so look for the story and photos too!! Please get me your W-9 forms if you have not and we will keep things running smoothly. Thanks again to everyone and especially to RaceShopper for your help. PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS!

Sincerely,
Robert Zecca
www.teamdi.com

dj10
05-22-2008, 12:31 PM
Guys,
It looks like Edwin at RaceShopper has gone crazy! Remember Crazy Eddie years ago?? Anyway he is really stepping up to the plate because he believes in what we are doing. We got a great thing and you will see this grow with the support of everyone this will happen
I apologize for not spending much time on the series this week, I am very busy getting ready for our race at Lime Rock for Memorial Day weekend and I will be back to everyone after the weekend. Good News..... I just did an interview with Philip Royale of SportCar mag about PROIT so look for the story and photos too!! Please get me your W-9 forms if you have not and we will keep things running smoothly. Thanks again to everyone and especially to RaceShopper for your help. PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS!

Sincerely,
Robert Zecca
www.teamdi.com (http://www.teamdi.com)

Bob, who did the photo's @ Pocono?
Thanks

Robert Zecca
05-27-2008, 08:59 PM
Dear Dan,

The photos were taken by Peter Roberts who happened to be the chief steward for the event. He did a great job. I submitted these to Sportscar magazine in hopes that they would use them for their upcoming story about PROIT. I hope to see you at Pocono and Lime Rock in August.

Thanks
Bob Zecca

GregMeindl
05-30-2008, 01:21 PM
Bob,

Give me a call asap as I have a potential sponsor for the series. A friend and potential driver has a company interested.

Everyone likes Vodka ? right??

I also have a few other contacts for some other stuff. Lets see what we can make happen.

wdether
05-30-2008, 06:00 PM
Are we using the same track configuration?

Rob,
I haven't seen the supps yet, but I would be a little surprised if Tri-Region uses a different configuration. Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

robits325is
05-30-2008, 08:39 PM
I don"t have any preference at all but with so many options available trying something new might be fun. I understand how using the same course makes comparing times from year to year easier and lap records can be a goal but now that we have a second date maybe a different track can add some excitement and challenges.

Either way I"m coming - there is a blue Mazda I need to beat.

dtanthon
05-31-2008, 04:47 PM
Open for business - entry is posted on NeSCCA.com

Saturday -
8:30AM:30 minute qualify
After Lunch: 40 minute race
checks will be available Saturday night at the party.

Thnaks,
Darrell

dtanthon
06-01-2008, 08:35 AM
A challenge for Round 2:
RaceShopper will double all Hawk award contingencies for Pro-IT Race #2 for each class that has MORE starting competitors than listed for Round 1!!!

Round 1 Numbers -
ITR - 5
ITS - 9
ITA - 4
ITB - 2
ITC - 1
SM - 7
28 total

Get involved in your series! Look for Bob to have even more interesting items.

Thanks,
Darrell
www.njrrs.com (http://www.njrrs.com)
PS - Pink cars? What type of prize for that?
PSS - Round 3 will be real interesting at LRP......

Edwin Robinson
06-04-2008, 07:43 PM
A challenge for Round 2:

Round 1 Numbers -
ITR - 5
ITS - 9
ITA - 4
ITB - 2
ITC - 1
SM - 7
28 total

Get involved in your series! Look for Bob to have even more interesting items.

Thanks,
Darrell
www.njrrs.com (http://www.njrrs.com)
PS - Pink cars? What type of prize for that?
PSS - Round 3 will be real interesting at LRP......

Darrell,

Thanks for supplying that information!

Ok - since we're serious about this - If you exceed the Round 1 class number AND you have a PINK (I should probably define this - PINK for this purpose is defined as something akin to this color: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink and comprises more than 50% of the base color of the car. Excerpeted from Wikipedia:
[[ "— Commonly represents —
female, love, male homosexuality, and bisexuality
About these coordinates
— Color coordinates —
Hex triplet #FFC0CB
sRGBB (r, g, b) (255, 192, 203)
HSV (h, s, v) (350°, 25%, 100%)"]]

So, if you have a PINK car - and more starting competitors than Round 1 with Hawk and RaceShopper stickers:
We'll quadruple the contingency! (For folks in Yorba Linda- that means 4 X (eg. multiplied aka. multiplication factor))
:D

Have fun! - and I expect to get a picture of a FULL PINK STARTING FIELD that we can post on our website.

P.S. - Our Round 3 challenge will be posted AFTER Round 2 - Stay tuned.

dtanthon
06-10-2008, 11:20 AM
Why so quiet......

dtanthon
06-16-2008, 10:59 PM
Entry is at 14 with a few weeks to go. Can we break 28 entries? :shrug:
ITS is once again the biggest class.
The first round was great, we can do better!

dtanthon
06-19-2008, 11:51 AM
15 cars, need more!

The round 3 entry is in the works for Lime Rock on August 2, we do expect this to be over-subscribed (40+). From what I heard if you have accumulated points in Pro-IT you will be bumped to the top of the entry list. LRP will be the double points event for 2008.

Also, we need 3 drivers to act as the voice of Pro-IT to the committee. Any volunteers? This is your series so it is up to you to make this the best.

Thanks,
Darrell
#27 ITS Mazda (I hope)

raffaelli
06-24-2008, 09:42 AM
Am I eligible for this event? It will be my first post school event.
I checked out the rules. I appears that I am. The registration page still lists it at NJMP. Where can I sign up?

Terry Hanushek
06-24-2008, 12:32 PM
Chris

Am I eligible for this event? It will be my first post school event. I checked out the rules. I appears that I am.
If you have the drivers school requirements signed off in the front of your novice permit you are eligible.

The registration page still lists it at NJMP. Where can I sign up?
You can register on the NESCCA online registration site ( http://www.nescca.com/registration ). The next round is on 5 July at Pocono. What you may be seeing is that the Pocono regional races are part of the New Jersey Road Race Series (NJRRS).

Hope to see you at Pocono

Terry

raffaelli
06-24-2008, 12:37 PM
Terry,
Yes I am all signed off from the school. I am interested in the Aug 2 event at LRP. It looks like the registration is not open yet? Another week or so?

dtanthon
06-26-2008, 03:53 PM
Up to 20 so far, need a few more to beat the May event.
Plenty of track time! Where are the ITA and ITB cars?

Look for round 3 entry to be posted later tonight.
August 2nd - Saturday only at Lime Rock, last race of the day after all National races
Entry - $350 ($10 fee for SM) - double points
Qualify - 15 minutes before lunch
Race - 45 minute or till 5:55

Thanks,
Darrell
#27 ITS

RSTPerformance
06-27-2008, 12:22 AM
Stephen cant register for the event online (some issue with the software).. But he is registered for ITB in Round 2 at Pocono with one of the Audi's!

dtanthon
06-28-2008, 07:14 AM
That makes 23 then! Need 6 more to pass the Round 1 count. See what we can get from Edwin and Bob once we pass the round 1 numbers.:happy204:

Saturday
Qualify - 30 minutes - 8:30AM
Race - 40 minutes - first race after lunch
Pro-IT website (http://www.njrrs.com/proit.html)

Usual payout at the party Saturday night, need your W9 forms as well if you didn't provide one at round 1.

Thanks,
Darrell
#27 ITS
email to: [email protected] to present comments

PS - Where are all the Miatas?

RSTPerformance
06-30-2008, 04:33 PM
Where are the ITA and ITB cars?

YA What up with that... A ton of ITB cars in the double but only 1 besides me in the Pro-IT event! I know a few of you are pro's.... Come-on Mr. Wentworth I want to go up against that super fast volvo! Any other takers... I am truelly depressed that I don't get to race all of you!

I truelly think that the PRO-IT is exactly what I have been looking for!:happy204:
I wanted to compete in a "Series" but the NERRC doesn't interest me since I hate NHMS, NARRC is WAY out of my new price range since it is a ton of weekends and towing is just simply to much with new gas prices.
This however... the PRO-IT is only 5 weekends all year, 6 rounds, and I can win money back.:026:
THIS IS THE ONLY SERIES THAT GIVES MONEY BACK in the entire north east! :smilie_pokal:

So your hesitant because you already missed round 1.... forget that it's only 1/7th of the potential points AND the car count in ITB was only 2. YOU yes YOU can still win it so come give me some more competion and join in on the most affordable racing series in the north east!:eclipsee_steering:

Stephen
ITB Audi (Silver and BLUE!)

Edwin Robinson
07-01-2008, 07:08 PM
That makes 23 then! Need 6 more to pass the Round 1 count. See what we can get from Edwin and Bob once we pass the round 1 numbers.:happy204:

Saturday
Qualify - 30 minutes - 8:30AM
Race - 40 minutes - first race after lunch
Pro-IT website (http://www.njrrs.com/proit.html)

C'mon folks- tell the people running the regional - They can enter!

Hell, I'm looking here .... what regional offers a 30 minute qualifying session and a 40 minute race? None I've ever been at! Dollars to Donuts - this series is a great deal - More track time, More exposure ( I hear Ross B from Honda/Ferrari may be there recruiting the next Schumacher from the Pro-IT competitiors ) , AND the possibility for PAYBACK! - not to mention the contingencies!

~E.

RSTPerformance
07-07-2008, 09:28 PM
The report from Stephen was that this was one of the best races he has entered in, even with only 2 cars in class... The organizers were very accomodating to the drivers in the group (moved some cones?) not to mention it is the perfect distance for a "sprint" race. I think this is the series he would like to run for a couple years if all goes well, just make sure that Palmer is on the list when it comes!!!

Raymond

rsx858
07-09-2008, 04:42 PM
I had hands down the best time racing yet. Battled it out with joe stadleman the entire race exchanging positions several times per lap for 45 minutes! Then a nose to nose finish accross the line. Even with my splitter hanging off and dragging the whole race, i was having to much fun to pit and fix it!

This is my new series, the $100 check at the end was a nice gesture to :D

dj10
07-09-2008, 05:17 PM
I never got my Hawke discount coupons from the 1st ProIT. :~(

Doc Bro
07-09-2008, 06:43 PM
I never got my Hawke discount coupons from the 1st ProIT. :~(

Me either and I just bought new pads from Edwin at race shopper. Still waiting....

Darrell, Bob, anyone????

R

alfetta95
07-09-2008, 07:16 PM
During the PRO-IT race. I tried to give the Audi a run in ITB. It lasted a couple of laps. But, while admiring Stephen's grille in my mirror, I missed my turn in point and blew the corner. I went grass hopping. We were running consistent laps times and I couldn't make up any ground on him. Was terrific fun while it lasted. Great driver to go dor to door with.

Todd

Edwin Robinson
07-09-2008, 08:54 PM
Me either and I just bought new pads from Edwin at race shopper. Still waiting....

Darrell, Bob, anyone????

R

Hi Folks,

I'm a bit third-party to this ... but I want to make sure that you get what is promised!

It was my understanding that the Hawk contingency would work (sort of) as follows:

A] A coupon would be distributed for the value of the award to each eligible winner- I'm not exactly sure how this happens.....

B] A verification form would be filled out and authorized by a Tech official from the event.
They would verify the compliance with the contingency requirements- stickers, finishing position, etc...
"If you finish 1st or 2nd in a class with 4 or more starters, you must fill out and complete the Contingency Claim Form (http://www.nasaproracing.com/forms/2008/Hawk_Contingency.pdf). You must get a **** official to verify the decal placement on vehicle, and then you shall submit the form to the registration area during the event where you will be able to collect your "Hawk Bucks". Failure to claim your award during the weekend’s activities will constitute forfeiture to your claim for said award(s). Awards MUST be claimed during the weekend for which they should be awarded and no acceptations to this rule will be made."

I'm sure Bob and/or Darrell will have all the info - and perhaps any required forms could be posted on the Pro IT website. This way competitors who finish in award positions can be proactive and go seek out the official at the end of the event and have it authorized.

I'll let Bob and Darrell follow up - as I'm sure they have more of the specifics - and if for some reason we can't get it nailed down- then e-mail me and I'll take it from there.

Best Regards,
Edwin Robinson.

tdw6974
07-09-2008, 11:27 PM
I guess we missed the boat! didn't get any raffle ticket? Not sure if we qualified for anything else. Saturday evening Driver and Crew cheif helped Brian B swap tranny out on his car (We had practice from our swap in am) and I drove home sat night to pickup wife to come back Sunday am for regional race.

dj10
07-14-2008, 09:27 PM
Hi Folks,

I'm a bit third-party to this ... but I want to make sure that you get what is promised!

I'll let Bob and Darrell follow up - as I'm sure they have more of the specifics - and if for some reason we can't get it nailed down- then e-mail me and I'll take it from there.

Best Regards,
Edwin Robinson.

I don't know how we are going to get an offical to sign a form for a race that was run in May. We should get this info from the horses mouth.......so to speak. We just may be out the Hawke pads? We only got 2 decals to put on the car.:shrug:

dtanthon
07-14-2008, 11:16 PM
Send an email to Darrell and Bob and we will take care of this.
Darrell - [email protected]
Bob - [email protected]
I know Bob has a ton on things for this series in the warehouse.

After our second event and the natives are getting restless already, you would think we do this for a living or something.

We need to get a swag coordinator (any one want to volunteer?). Since I bought the ITS car I don't see myself having time at the track to do all of this even though most of you found me at Pocono round 2 in the garage.

We also need to get the driver's committee formed. It is our series.

Thanks,
Darrell
973-220-1007