PDA

View Full Version : Hardened Front Hubs 88 CRX si

bbreon
05-19-2008, 10:13 AM
Called OPM, no longer carry. Anyone know where to source these?

raffaelli
05-19-2008, 10:24 AM
Check with Tom Blaney. He carries.

Knestis
05-19-2008, 11:27 AM
Contact Cameron at Conover Motor Sports. He's working with a metallurgist who's a subcontractor of some sort to NASCAR teams, to provide a variety of heat-treating improvements for parts. Contact info is at...

http://www.raceconover.com

K

Tom Blaney
05-19-2008, 12:08 PM
Brett:
how many do you need?
I have one is stock right now, and can have new ones treated and shipped in a week or so.

Check the link below for other must have parts

bbreon
05-19-2008, 04:07 PM
Tom,

I've been to your site before, wasn't sure if you were still around. I may need two. I had a pretty decent "incident" at VIR last October. Bent both upper A-Arms as well as the RF upright. Have hardened hubs now with about 5 light years on them. I had hardened hubs Magnafluxed last year and replaced the bearings. Trying to decide whether to have them checked again or just to replace with new hubs and bearings.

Thoughts?

Tom Blaney
05-19-2008, 05:40 PM
Not because I'm selling the part, but you have two strikes going, more than 3 (4 max) seasons of hard racing is usually my recommendation especially if the tracks have heavy breaking sections, and secondly if your "off" caused that much damage, than the hubs took a lot of stress and that can be a deciding factor. I use OEM hubs to start so the quality of part is higher and the results are consistant. The magnaflux test will show some but not all possible faults, and I think the extra comfort in knowing that the hubs are not going to fail in a hard high speed section is gotta be worth a few tenth's ( ok at least 1).

bbreon
05-19-2008, 11:56 PM
Tom,

How soon before you have the other matching side? I need two

Tom Blaney
05-20-2008, 05:22 AM
Give me a call at 845-987-0001 and we'll get this moving along.

keycom
05-20-2008, 11:08 AM
Pardon my ignorance, but is hardening of parts allowed in IT?

I didn't think we could "improve" these kinds of parts.

Knestis
05-20-2008, 01:38 PM
It's been a while since we had that conversation in this community, and the conservative Rules NERD position kind of got shot down, so I for one have given in...

... so "whatever." :)

K

Xian
05-22-2008, 09:07 PM
Contact Cameron at Conover Motor Sports. He's working with a metallurgist who's a subcontractor of some sort to NASCAR teams, to provide a variety of heat-treating improvements for parts. Contact info is at...

http://www.raceconover.com

K

Another vote for Cameron and CMS. Absolutely top-notch products, pricing, and support! :happy204:

Christian

bamfp
05-22-2008, 09:29 PM
OPM's hub were not heat treated. They were made from a different material.

Blake