PDA

View Full Version : Speedsource Car Window Net

bldn10
05-18-2008, 08:52 PM
Steve E., help!

For those of you out there w/ SpeedSource cars, have you had to replace your window net yet? I don't see how to do it - the lower bar has 2 90 degree angles and I don't think the net will slide over them; the upper bar has the latch welded right in the center. I have to have a new one on this weekend!

its66
05-18-2008, 10:22 PM
Bill,
IMO, the easiest thing is to just get a new net, and mount kit with the push button style release(assuming yours is like mine), and build a whole new set up. It isn't that bad as long as you have access to a welder. I don't think even Steve E. can get the window net to slide over the latch(but, he can do some neat stuff).
Good luck.

seckerich
05-19-2008, 12:14 AM
Those nets were purchased as a unit with the upper bar and latch already installed. A real PITA to replace. All the later cars used a heim joint in the rear and the seat belt style clip in the front. You can cut the latch off and replace the net. Leave 1/2 inch on either side to tig the latch back on. Lower should be a wrap around with clamps. I might have one on the shelf like you have but won't be back in town til Monday night. Is that soon enough?

Steve

bldn10
05-19-2008, 09:43 AM
NEVER MIND!

I started thinking why on Earth would a window net expire, so I looked t up. They don't! All required is an SFI 27.1 label - does not even have to have a date at all. :happy204:

Thanks for you help anyway.

Chris Taylor
06-09-2008, 11:06 AM
They expire every 2 years with NASA, fwiw.

Greg Amy
06-09-2008, 11:27 AM
They expire every 2 years with NASA, fwiw.
ARE YOU SERIOUS???

Yet another check mark on the list of reasons not to race with NASA...all of them "safety"-related...sigh...

Chris Taylor
06-09-2008, 11:48 AM
Yes.

Not to derail this thread into a What's Wrong With NASA, but to me there's just as many personnel and other issues around here (Texas) as there are safety issues.

Marcus Miller
06-09-2008, 12:25 PM
Really?!?!? Has National blessed that? pretty sure every car we reaced with this past weekend has a window net older than that...:026:

Marcus

Speed Raycer
06-09-2008, 12:27 PM
ARE YOU SERIOUS???

Yet another check mark on the list of reasons not to race with NASA...all of them "safety"-related...sigh...

+1

You've got to be freaking kidding me.

Seems like the only + of racing with NASA is the GRM mag that comes with the membership. Methinks I won't be renewing my membership.

The grass isn't always greener.... they just make you resod it every 6 months

Chris Taylor
06-12-2008, 11:59 AM
Really?!?!? Has National blessed that? pretty sure every car we reaced with this past weekend has a window net older than that...:026:Pretty sure it IS a National deal... the last NASA event I ran in April 07 in a customer car had a *gasp* 3 year old net, and the attitude I got was they were moving mountains to allow me to race with it. I promised not to roll the car.

Marcus Miller
06-13-2008, 09:51 PM
Pretty sure it IS a National deal... the last NASA event I ran in April 07 in a customer car had a *gasp* 3 year old net, and the attitude I got was they were moving mountains to allow me to race with it. I promised not to roll the car.

hahahahahahha. seriously, i've never had anyone look at my window net.