PDA

View Full Version : Sell out advice

paulydee
05-13-2008, 09:36 AM
Hey guys,

Due to reasons out of my control (loss of employment:)) I have to consider selling the race car. It's a 91 chassis RX-7 built to full ITS spec. I have been running it since 2000. I wanted to take a poll to see if it would be better to sell the car as is (with some light body damage and other mionr issues) or to part it out and have the chassis crushed? Which method would stand to make more money? Your opinions would be appreciated. Thanks

gran racing
05-13-2008, 10:23 AM
Paul, it's not just about money but about time. Why not try to sell it as is and spend your energy finding a new and better job?

paulydee
05-13-2008, 12:24 PM
Paul, it's not just about money but about time. Why not try to sell it as is and spend your energy finding a new and better job?

I have considered that. Other than the classified section here, any recommendations on where to post a sale ad?

Craigslist?
Ebay?

PMD

gran racing
05-13-2008, 12:29 PM
Put a description together, and shoot me a few pics, then I'll post it on my site for free. http://www.goaheadtakethewheel.com/racecar_and_trailers_for_sale.html I have another car I need to add and some other changes to the site I'll be making within the next day or too as well. [email protected]

Chris Wire
05-13-2008, 12:45 PM
I have considered that. Other than the classified section here, any recommendations on where to post a sale ad?

Craigslist?
Ebay?

PMD

WWW.RX7CLUB.COM (http://www.RX7CLUB.COM)

bldn10
05-14-2008, 08:43 AM
Sorry to hear of your misfortune, Paul.
My car has been for sale here for months and I can tell you that the market sucks. :shrug:

paulydee
05-16-2008, 09:10 AM
Sorry to hear of your misfortune, Paul.
My car has been for sale here for months and I can tell you that the market sucks. :shrug:

I figured as much. That is why I was thinking about just parting it out. We'll see what I can come up with.

NutDriverRighty
05-16-2008, 01:54 PM
If you go to the Atlanta Region website, you can link through to a classifieds section that covers almost all of the regions. I'll see if I can dig up a link. Posting flyers outside of the bathroom at events is another idea. Most regions have websites that have a "for sale" section.

Scott