PDA

View Full Version : Driving Impressions PRO IT Round 1

Robert Zecca
05-12-2008, 12:46 PM
Dear Competitors and all involved,

Pocono is now in the history books. FANTASTIC JOB to all involved !!! I want to thank our competitors who put on a great race. I want to thank our sponsors, Hawk Performance, Edwin at RaceShopper.com, MPT Industries, Zamp Helmets, Frank Cioppettini at Evergreen Performance Products and MOMO. These are the guys who believe in us, what we are doing and the future of the SCCA. MOST OF ALL I need to personally thank Darrell Anthony who is RE of NNJR. Darrell is a true friend, a visionary and one of the hardest working people for SCCA. He proposed this idea and pushed me everyday to make it happen. DARRELL on behalf of myself and everyone involved we thank you for the person you are.

Next I want to really THANK our first-time competitors for believing in this series. I met some really great people including Dan Jones and his crew coming in from PA (these guys came in from Pittsburgh area), the Gleason brothers, Doug Case who took his first ever win, Matt Rooke and John Warren who are students in engineering school doing what they love and many others. Then you got the true backbone guys of IT including Andy Bettencourt of Flatout Motorsports who has a F1-like operation and Jeff and Rob of Autotechic. These guys are the best in their businesses and promote and help us all in what we love to do. These are true gentleman, friends and competitors and I thank you guys for your support and that of your customers.

I have only heard great things from each competitor. They love the format, the prize money and the awards. Now I need to do a better job and get the word out in the publications, get more sponsors and with your help we can make this series grow, get more competitors and workers for the future growth of SCCA. I truly believe that we are the FUTURE of SCCA, something that everyone can relate to. This series will also financially benefit each region who may want to run an event. Hopefully next year we can have 8-10 events. I realize I did not mention each competitor but I thank each and everyone of you for your support. Times are very tough right now for most people but you give me the inspiration to keep working hard for our series, the SCCA and most of all for you. You have my commitment to grow this series, get the word out and in the end we can bring the cost of racing down and then hopefully more people will get involved in what we love and more importantly meet the great people that we get to be with on race weekends whom we could call "friends".

Please SPEAK UP, tell me your thoughts, ideas, potential sponsors I could approach. I want to hear everything good and bad and in the end we will make it better. I will be submitting stories to both Sports Car and GRM too.

Sincerely,
Robert Zecca
www.teamdi.com (http://www.teamdi.com)

Robert Zecca
05-13-2008, 10:34 AM
This past weekend was Mother's Day and I need to thank all the SCCA officials and workers who gave of their time away from their families and moms to make the thing that we love so much safe and enjoyable. On behalf of the NNJR region I would like to thank these hard working volunteers.

Sincerely,
Robert Zecca

Robert Zecca
05-14-2008, 02:27 PM
Hey guys,

Please call me if you did not get your prize money at Pocono. I will get the remaining checks mailed out to you plus the Hawk coupons too. Keep in touch.

Thanks
Bob Zecca
1-800-275-4667
OFFICIAL SPONSOR OF PRO-IT

dj10
05-14-2008, 02:44 PM
Hey guys,

Please call me if you did not get your prize money at Pocono. I will get the remaining checks mailed out to you plus the Hawk coupons too. Keep in touch.

Thanks
Bob Zecca
1-800-275-4667
OFFICIAL SPONSOR OF PRO-IT
Thanks Bob, just so happens I'm going to need brakes shortly.:)

rsx858
05-14-2008, 03:09 PM
Bob and Darrell, The first event was EXCELLENT and i cant wait to run the rest. Thanks to both of you for this series and all your hard work, its very appriciated. :happy204:

GregMeindl
05-14-2008, 03:18 PM
Thanks to everyone that helped put this event together. I had a great time and an exciting race. It was well worth the effort to try to get there. I'll be entering the next events and will try to get my other two cars entered for the next events as well.

Robert Zecca
05-15-2008, 11:21 AM
Dan,
We will be sending you out your $50 Hawk coupon shortly. When you are ready to buy brakes please call Edwin at Raceshopper.com and he will take care of you and redeem the coupon. He specializes in brakes, rotors, etc... and will treat you right plus HE IS A SPONSOR. His number is 1-800-733-8380. YOU are one heck of a driver. Thanks for your enthusiasm and support of our series. Let me know if you every need safety equipment and I will take care of you and let me know how you like the gloves.

Thanks
Bob Zecca
1-800-275-4667
www.teamdi.com

Robert Zecca
05-15-2008, 11:38 AM
Hey Matt,
Thank you! I am so happy and proud of you and John. He was like a expectant father in the pits worrying about you on the track. I told him to go to the restroom before you came in to pit for the enduro before he got in the car and when he came back I told him you pitted early and you had to leave because he was not ready to get in the car. You should have seen his face. Thanks again for your support of this series. Everything has been positive and we need to grow this series and both regionals and nationals. This is the time for the SCCA to move forward.
Sincerely,
Bob Zecca

Robert Zecca
05-15-2008, 11:47 AM
Edwin,
Thank you for your support and help in growing our series. I am on the phone daily with Edwin from RaceShopper.com and he is very happy with our results. I think in time you will see more sponsors and more help from our present sponsors. What we as racers have to do is know that we have something that is very good and support it and the sponsors the best way that we know how. It was a great event and I really enjoyed meeting many of the drivers. I love to see people happy and not bickering. We could have great competition without problems and I believe the drivers of PRO-IT are proving this. I want to personally see great competition without people destroying their cars. There needs to be a respect on the track for each other. We need to put on a great show and maybe in time we will build up a spectator base. We are on the right track.

Thanks again,
Bob Zecca

Robert Zecca
05-15-2008, 01:05 PM
The points are now posted for Round 1 event from Pocono. Go to:
http://www.njrrs.com/proit/2008_Pro-IT.html for the points. We need a W-9 form from everyone in order to receive your check. Please mail it to:
DRIVING IMPRESSIONS
85 FRANKLIN ROAD
5B HAMILTON BUSINESS PARK
DOVER, NJ 07801
We will mail out remaining checks once we receive your form.
Any questions just call me at 1-800-275-4667.
Thanks
Bob Zecca
www.teamdi.com