PDA

View Full Version : Brembo Sport Brake Pads - Has anyone used them?

arpenn
05-07-2008, 11:39 AM
My brother and I are in need of some brake pads for our Honda Civic Si racecar. We are trying to keep our budget down as much as possible so we are looking at for some less expensive brake pads. We haven't had much seat time yet so we don't have to have the best there is. We just want some pads that will stop the car and hold up. Our track sessions are only about 15 min. but we are running at Hallett which is known to be hard on brakes. We found some Brembo Sport Brake Pads clearanced 1/2 price on tire rack. Has anyone used these pads on the track? We were also looking at the EBC Yellow race pads which run about 83.00 a set. Any help here would be appreciated!

spnkzss
05-08-2008, 08:11 AM
Performance street pads will be destroyed in an actual race. The cheapest set of pads I (personally) would feel comfortable putting on a track only car in a racing situation is a set of Hawk Blues.

arpenn
05-12-2008, 02:45 PM
My brother and I decided that brakes were not the place to try something cheaper. We were going to order some more Carbotech's because that is what was on the car when we bought it. Unfortunately Carbotech didn't have any pads in stock for our Civic. They said it would take them a week to make a set and then 3 days shipping time. This would really be pushing it, our next race is May 24th and 25th. That would only allow one day if something happened and no time for us to order another brand. So we found the Hawk Blues instock at the Tire Rack and ordered a set. I hope we like them as well as the Carbotech's.

markw
05-12-2008, 03:36 PM
Same discs? If so, you may want to deglaze the discs with a scotch brite wiz wheel or some 80 grit sandpaper. Follow the breakin on the Blues. You will get a good pedal, but when you go to really stop they will scare the tar out of you. Pads work by laying down their own material on the disc. The friction to stop is between the pad material and the material layed down on the disc. Once they bed in, they will work great.