PDA

View Full Version : ITS Wannabe

Rick Starkweather
04-28-2008, 08:12 PM
Any of you SARRC guys know anything about these three cars? Or about the S5 RX7s in general?

http://www.improvedtouring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23861

http://www.improvedtouring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23368

ITS Mazda RX7 for sale - Fast, reliable 1991 S5 car (from NCRSCCA web site).
Multiple MARRS wins.
One season on strong motor built by RP Performance.
Full coilover race suspension from MazdaSpeed - Eibach / Koni. Set up and corner weighted. Adjustable Speedway front sway bar.
Strut tower brace. Individual rear camber links.
4.88 Torsen. Large aluminum radiator and large aftermarket oil cooler with new SS lines.
Aluminum hood, ISC exhaust.
Removeable steering wheel.
Two sets of wheels – 1 silver and 1 black.
Large inventory of spares including:
Full rear subframe assemble with diff.
Transmission, fenders, doors, taillights, etc.
Brakes, rotors.

Priced to move $9,990, Mark Lapos
484-695-7550

Steve Parrish I know from paddocking next to him back in my Club Ford days. Jeff Young I know from Flying Circus et al. I'm thinking I may need an eligible ride for the Charge of the Headlight Brigade race at VIR. Plus, it would be fun to race with all of you -- that is if you'll let an ex-Club Ford, soon to be (hopefully sometime this decade) FP MGB driver join you?

Rick

JeffYoung
04-28-2008, 08:39 PM
Rick! How are ya man?

While I am biased, I think ITS is some of the best racing out there right now. Large fields of cool multi-marque racing. 23 cars at Roebling this last weekend!

2nd Gen RX7s are bread and butter cars in ITS. The fast ones are VERY fast, and decently reliable. Have been raced for a long time, and issues have been sorted and sold.

Both of those two cars look good. However, the second one, the Flatout Motorsports car, is probably top top notch and at a great price. FM knows RX7s and I'm sure that is a great car.

I love MGs but....put that thang away and come race with us......

racingralph
04-28-2008, 10:34 PM
hey rick , where are you ? we're in the southeast area . we also have a rx-7 that we are thinking about saling. it is a front running car , kent thompson's its # 86. let me know if your interested . @[email protected]

JeffYoung
04-29-2008, 09:09 AM
Say it ain't so Ralph! Is Kent thinking of getting out of ITS?

Shoot me a price, etc. to [email protected]. I know an IT7 driver who may be interested in the car.

Good to see you this weekend. Hadn't talked about Jimmy Means in a long time.....

Rick Starkweather
04-29-2008, 11:40 AM
Ralph:

I'm in Raleigh. Email address is [email protected]. Can you email me some more info?

Rick

pballance
04-29-2008, 12:38 PM
Good to see you this weekend. Hadn't talked about Jimmy Means in a long time.....

Jimmy "smut" Means of the left turn only racers?

JeffYoung
04-29-2008, 12:45 PM
That's the one. Ralph crew chiefed his car in the 80s. I met him at Talladega (I used to live in Shelbyville, TN and we went down for the 76, 77 and 78 races at Talladega) in 78 I think, the year Lennie Pond won.

Rick, that car -- the 86 -- is top notch. You can't go wrong with it.

pballance
04-29-2008, 12:50 PM
Well I will be D(*&^. Unless I am greatly mistaken I lived three doors down from him when he started out in Huntsville. I was little kid (about 12 yo) and he allowed me to turn wrenches in his back yard.

Small world, sorry for the thread jack and (to get back on topic) Rick go get a car and come play with us. :happy204:

Ron Earp
04-29-2008, 01:01 PM
I'd second that on the 86. Ralph is a top notch man prepping the car and Kent is a great driver. That'd be a good RX7 to have.

Ron

Parrish57
04-29-2008, 05:13 PM
Rick... Great to see you (figuratively) here on the board. You'd have a blast getting out there with the ITS crowd. And the RX7 is a top notch way to get there. I keep racing my antique 'cause I have so much STUFF to keep it going. Otherwise I'd build a more modern fuel injected/4 wheel disc car!

p.s. Buenos Dias from Anitgua Guatemala. Esta es me compleanos.

racingralph
04-29-2008, 10:04 PM
no , we are not leaving the class , but we are ready to sell the car. the rx-7s have been a good car to race .we'll see what kind of car we can race with next.

JeffYoung
04-29-2008, 10:12 PM
Ralph, there's one choice only. TR8.

Seriously, can't wait to see what you guys show up in next.

You guys going to make VIR in two weeks? We have a transmission to change on the 8, but should make it.

racingralph
04-29-2008, 10:28 PM
not going to make vir , will be a cmp mem day

jcmotorsports
04-29-2008, 10:36 PM
Speaking of RX7's, Does anyone know if my old car is still around? I know the guy I sold it to up here sold it, I think to someone in Florida. It was a 1990 red/white car with white Kosei K1's. It was very pretty when I sold it just wondering how it is doing?