PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Weekend at CMP?

Butch Kummer
04-28-2008, 10:53 AM
Any guesses on a schedule or when registration will open up for the Memorial Monster at CMP May 23-25? The only information currently on CCR's website is about the Track Trials program on Monday.

Thanks...

seckerich
04-28-2008, 11:18 AM
Had some delays in getting approval from some stewards. Got it straightened out now and registration will be open today or tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.

Butch Kummer
04-28-2008, 11:52 AM
On DLB, I assume?

tom_sprecher
04-28-2008, 12:11 PM
We discussed this before but who do I need to talk to about redeeming my "get in free pass" to one CCR event I won as a door price at the SEDiv Annual Banquet a couple of years ago? I'll probably do both races so I'll also need to pay the difference for the second race.

BTW: I got the coupon but decided to go with the RA1's which of course it will not apply towards. Thanks anyway and I'll offer the coupons here on another post.

seckerich
04-28-2008, 02:10 PM
No problem Tom. My wife Vicki is registrar and we will work your coupon out at the race. Just register on DLB and we will shake all your money out for the second race at the track.:p See, I answered you and Butch in one post!!

JeffYoung
04-28-2008, 02:24 PM
This is a great event, my favorite of the year -- racy track, close to my house, and Memorial Day off. Come on out, CCR puts on a great show for us.

pballance
04-28-2008, 03:24 PM
Sure would like to go back to CMP but work may have me in Florida for several weeks.

You are right, CCR does a good job!

seckerich
04-29-2008, 06:59 AM
Registration is open now. Thanks for the patience. http://www.dlbracing.com/default.aspx?

seckerich
05-07-2008, 08:24 AM
I have been getting a lot of questions about our TT on Monday at CMP. This event is open to novice drivers. Here is a great chance to pay back the crew,kids, etc and let them drive your car Monday. Novice permits will be available at the track. Some drivers are taking this chance to introduce their children to racing. Great deal at $100.

Cobrar05
05-07-2008, 09:31 AM
DLB is showing ITO running with ITR in group 4 and with GT1 in group 6. I think I would have a lot more fun in my DOT tire car in 4 rather than against all those stock cars on slicks.

Can you confirm which it is?

JeffYoung
05-07-2008, 09:45 AM
Hmmmm...Rob, that run group (admittedly mine) is S/A/7/R....you probably have 2.5 to 3 times the hp as the A and 7 cars. Not sure that is a good fit. Have you run the new config and what times did you run?

Ron Earp
05-07-2008, 11:19 AM
R/S/A/7 cars will be in the 1:46 to 1:55 range with the new configuration. What times did you run in the Cobra in the old or new config?

seckerich
05-07-2008, 11:35 AM
DLB is showing ITO running with ITR in group 4 and with GT1 in group 6. I think I would have a lot more fun in my DOT tire car in 4 rather than against all those stock cars on slicks.

Can you confirm which it is?

I can confirm you will run with big bore group 6. I will check what the problem is on DLB. Thanks.

Cobrar05
05-07-2008, 11:41 AM
I have not run CMP before, either configuration. NASA SE ran there first weekend of April and the AI cars ran times between 1:48 and 1:53. The week before was the SCCA Buck Muse Double SARRC and ITO ran with the GT1 cars. Charles Burkett, the only ITO entry, ran 1:53.

Tony Ave ran 1:29.7. The top 10 ran 1:42's and 1:43's.

It strikes me that the ITO cars belong in group 4 based on lap times. If you don't like the idea of sharing the track with a 300hp Mustang at 3100lbs, consider what its like in the mustang on DOT's with 20 700-800hp 3000lb stock cars and GT1 cars on full race slicks? Particularly when there are 3 or 4 of you and 25 or 30 of them.

Cobrar05
05-07-2008, 11:43 AM
I can confirm you will run with big bore group 6. I will check what the problem is on DLB. Thanks.

That's a shame. Its really no fun at all sharing the track in a street stock car on dot's with purpose built race cars on slicks.

JeffYoung
05-07-2008, 11:54 AM
As a driver of an S car I'm not opposed to your car being in our run group, but there are other considerations:

1. R/S/A/7 is the "standard" SEDiv run group.

2. A 300 horse Mustang should be far more capable and turn faster lap times than the best R and S cars. This makes comparing actual lap times difficult vs. theoretical ones.

3. While the actual lap times are comparable to or slower than the times of a good S or R car, it's the A and 7 guys who may have the most concern.

Ron Earp
05-07-2008, 12:12 PM
I have no problem with the car in the run group if it turns similar times - makes since to me. I haven't followed the performance of the car too closely but wasn't it around 2:16 to 2:22 at VIR? That is essentially ITS times and although the ITS cars have less than half the horsepower, it is what it is.

If a Cobra R is running ITS sort of times and whatnot ,looks like to me the Pony cars would be a shoe in for ITR. Better suspension prep, lower horsepower, should be no threat to ITR.

Cobrar05
05-07-2008, 01:36 PM
There is a hp/weight bias against the pony car family, including AS and ITO/American Iron like cars. It particularly shows up in situations controlled by the small bore contigent. The ECR for instance. We are running the ECR at Road Atlanta on Saturday, but Atlanta region is the only one that will allow us to compete. The small bore cars do not want us on the track with them and they can keep us away.

At the same time the influx of stock cars in SPO and GTA are completely overrunning the run group that has the AS cars in it. These cars DO NOT belong in the same run group. PERIOD!!

I ran 2:18's and VIR and if I were an expert driver I might could get it down to 2:14 or even 2:12. At the same time Ave ran 1:57 in his GT1 car with many in that run group running times in the 2:04/2:05 range.

Our cars need to be in a run group with cars more our speed and that is group 4. Group 4, however, has the clout to keep that from happening. Reality is there is probably no good place for street stock pony cars on dot tires to race in the SCCA and there is nothing really that can be done about it.

Unfortunately its probably decision time. With the stock cars taking over the big bore run group and fewer DOT V8 cars entering, its probably time to move on from the SCCA for NASA because the car count there and run groups is far more favorable.

Its a shame, but its the way the clubs are evolving.

Cobrar05
05-07-2008, 01:45 PM
As a driver of an S car I'm not opposed to your car being in our run group, but there are other considerations:

1. R/S/A/7 is the "standard" SEDiv run group.

2. A 300 horse Mustang should be far more capable and turn faster lap times than the best R and S cars. This makes comparing actual lap times difficult vs. theoretical ones.

3. While the actual lap times are comparable to or slower than the times of a good S or R car, it's the A and 7 guys who may have the most concern.

I think you would find that its more track specific. My Cobra R would not get caught up with R and S cars at Road Atlanta where the HP comes into play more than at a place like CMP.

We run 1:39 with my co driver and 1:42/1:43 with me at Road Atlanta. Grid up at Barber and the amount of cornering and lack of straight away brings the V8 cars right back to the lighter R and S cars.

I will also tell you that its Katie bar the door for me at Road Atlanta or VIR when I am out there with NASCAR Cup stock cars in the same run group. Street stock(my Cobra R is a T1 car and so its street legal) on the race track with 10 800hp NASCAR Cup cars and another several tube frame Trans AM cars. Thats just stupid. The closing rate is scary.

JeffYoung
05-07-2008, 01:49 PM
Rob, I would respectfully suggest that your car is probably capable of 2:10 to 2:12 at VIR. I think that is around the AS track record?

If so, at that speed, you are between 5 and 7 seconds off the normal GTA/1 cars. However, you would be 10 seconds plus FASTER than most IT7 and A cars.

There is no bias in SCCA against your type of car. Well, not sure I totally agree with that given the "issues" we are having geting the V8 ponies classed in ITR....but let me rephrase....your car as an ITO car -- like any ITO car -- is in a catchall class. Since the numbers of participants are low, you get stuck in basically where you (a) fit and (b) cause the least "trouble" from a time difference perspective.

I just think you happened to pick a car to race that right now, SCCA does not provide a good fit for class wise. AI in NASA is probably a much better fit.

Hate to lose you, and hope you build an ITR Mustang when they get classed.

JeffYoung
05-07-2008, 01:58 PM
Actuall, not to quibble with you, but S cars have gone 39 at RA before, and I think the A track record is 42 or so.

Bottom line is, and I think we agree, SCCA's present classifications system doesn't really give you a "good" place to race. That I totally agree with but for your specific car -- a Cobra R -- hard to know how to fix it. There just aren't enough cars like that for an easy fix.

An ITR V8 Mustang on the other hand....well, if that goes through, you may end up racing in one of the largest classes we have.

I think you would find that its more track specific. My Cobra R would not get caught up with R and S cars at Road Atlanta where the HP comes into play more than at a place like CMP.

We run 1:39 with my co driver and 1:42/1:43 with me at Road Atlanta. Grid up at Barber and the amount of cornering and lack of straight away brings the V8 cars right back to the lighter R and S cars.

I will also tell you that its Katie bar the door for me at Road Atlanta or VIR when I am out there with NASCAR Cup stock cars in the same run group. Street stock(my Cobra R is a T1 car and so its street legal) on the race track with 10 800hp NASCAR Cup cars and another several tube frame Trans AM cars. Thats just stupid. The closing rate is scary.

Cobrar05
05-07-2008, 03:27 PM
The '95 R/Steeda Q351 T1 car is currently before the CRB to be classed in AS. They have classed current T2 Mustangs for AS. I am sure they are torn between the T1 status and the fact that a 1998 T1 car is no longer in the same league as a current T1 car. It also makes requires a little more consideration as the car was the ONLY T1 Mustang at that time.

If the CRB classes my car at AS and gives me a national class to run, I would still ask why these 300 something HP DOT shod Mustangs are sharing a run group with tube from race cars on slicks.

As long as NASA American Iron cars are ITO legal and I can run the ARRC enduro I will participate enough to keep current for that race alone.

If the runoffs move to Indianapolis Motor Speedway, I will need a national class car and might well go the Honda S2000 route. But I am a Mustang writer with a mustang road race track audience. I need to continue to champion that part of the hobby.

JeffYoung
05-07-2008, 03:34 PM
Rob, it's the big bore/small bore distinction. Historically, in the SEDiv, Big Bore cars (GT1/A/ITO/ITE/SPO/etc.) (basically all the V8s) ran togheter regardless of suspension, tires, etc. Small bore cars -- ITS/R/A/7 run together, although with some of the motors in R (and my motor for that matter) that distinction probably is't as relevant as it used to be.

Other divisions put S in with AS and other cars.

Not saying either is right, it just "is."

Cobrar05
05-07-2008, 03:55 PM
oh, I understand. it is what it is

seckerich
05-07-2008, 10:28 PM
Since it was an oversight in the supps that ITO remained in 2 groups after editing(love computer files) lets just see how registration goes. If you end up as the only ITO car I will see how the groups shake out. No promises, so plan on group 6 just in case. I still dont know why we let that darn english V8 on the track.:p

Parrish57
05-08-2008, 09:17 AM
Since it was an oversight in the supps that ITO remained in 2 groups after editing(love computer files) lets just see how registration goes. If you end up as the only ITO car I will see how the groups shake out. No promises, so plan on group 6 just in case. I still dont know why we let that darn english V8 on the track.:p

Too late... There's already two cars entered in "ITO" not counting Mr. Bodle. A Cobra and a Camaro. These are Big Bore cars, period. If someone wants to go fast there are a pair of Speed World Challege Vipers, a Grand Am GS Pontiac GTO, an ALMS Porsche RSR, and a few Z06 Vettes for sale in Sports Car.

Road Atlanta did the IT community as well as the owners of these cars a disservice when they created ITU/ITO. These cars already have a place to race. They are not IT cars.

Rob, what series was your car built for?

Ron Earp
05-09-2008, 12:21 PM
Road Atlanta did the IT community as well as the owners of these cars a disservice when they created ITU/ITO. These cars already have a place to race. They are not IT cars.

Rob, what series was your car built for?

Was ITO/ITU started in Atlanta? What problem were they trying to solve?

Parrish57
05-10-2008, 09:57 PM
Was ITO/ITU started in Atlanta? What problem were they trying to solve?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

seckerich
05-11-2008, 01:53 AM
ITO and ITU were started to give cars from other series a place to play. There are many series with safety rules similar to IT but prepped beyond IT in performance. Many are actually below most ITR cars in performance. Try to find a class a tricked up Subaru can run in without going to GT specs. In the proper group it is a good classing to bring in new drivers and that is always good for the club. They are too fast in most cases to run with IT and get grouped with big bore. They will be at CMP. And those extra $$$$$ everyone always talks about keeps your entry fee from going any higher. Now someone post a VIR update!!:026:

Butch Kummer
05-11-2008, 01:37 PM
As Steve points out, I originally posed ITO/ITU to the Atlanta Region Board to provide a place within SCCA for "production-based" cars to play other than SPO/SPU. Not only were some of those cars (like the TCC Corvettes or the fuel-injected pony cars, for example) not competitive in SPO, they also are not LEGAL in SPO because they do not have GT/Prod level safety equipment or had fuel injection. And because they have no chance of winning in SPO against the tube-framed monsters that populate that class, they were not willing to make the required changes just to "have a place to get some track time", particularly since they could run NASA, BMWCCA, PCA, or other events just as they are.

Was it about dollars? Damn straight it was! In my attempt to maintain or increase car count I'll consider almost any option to bring more people (and their entry fees) to the race track each weekend. In this case, it was about appealing to a group of existing racers by giving them another opportunity to compete with what they already have. Per the GCR we're allowed to start 67 cars per run group at Road Atlanta, and my goal is to get as close to that as possible for all seven groups that we run. If you want to have the track by yourself, SEDIV has a very strong Track Trials program that does not allow passing during competition runs.

As far as Mr. Bodle's concern about being grouped with the Big Noise cars rather than the Big IT cars, he needs to get used to the idea of racing wherever the ASedans are racing. And right now, except for the Enduros, that will be with the Big Noise cars in Atlanta Region.

seckerich
05-12-2008, 06:27 PM
Just a clarification for the CCPS drivers at CMP. You will get to practice with your proper SARRC group. You have a seperate 20 minute qualifier. Sorry this was not in the supps. :blink: ECR drivers are also welcome to use the Sunday Morning closed wheel hardship if you need extra practice time or need to bed brakes.

Knestis
05-12-2008, 07:16 PM
Anyone interested in renting a ride for the CCPS or ECR? Email me at kirk(dot)knestis@evaluand(dot)com

K

Parrish57
05-13-2008, 10:08 AM
As far as Mr. Bodle's concern about being grouped with the Big Noise cars rather than the Big IT cars, he needs to get used to the idea of racing wherever the ASedans are racing. And right now, except for the Enduros, that will be with the Big Noise cars in Atlanta Region.

Butch... Thanks for reaffirming what most everyone seems to agree on. I wanted to stay out of this debate but with the relentless lobbying by the extreme minority to place ITO with ITR, ITS, ITA, IT7 I thought it best have my voice heard. This past weekend at VIR confirmed what I was thinking about ITO. The Big Bore group had an impressive 53 cars start the Saturday race. An ITO (American Iron) Mustang finished 9th overall, with a best lap time of 2:05! By contrast, the best ITS lap time was 2:18. I thought the region made the right choice of groups (at least for the ITO cars).

As far as the struggle to keep entries (and dollars) up, I sympathise with the competition directors/race chairs who are challenged with making everything work. Coming on to this forum to interact with the IT community makes a huge difference. Thanks!

Cobrar05
05-13-2008, 03:45 PM
That was actually an American V8 Supercar Series car. Big difference. Two or three hundred hp difference. If it were not that AV8SS has an agreement with SEDIV for ITO they would be SPO cars. But I see and concede your point. I wouldnt want to be racing with those guys either.

tom_sprecher
05-15-2008, 11:31 AM
What's the deal for Test Day? Just show up and pay? Anybody know the cost? Do they offer half days?

Inquiring minds want to know. ;)

Gary Gentry
05-15-2008, 07:02 PM
Tom,

Good to see you are registered for the CMP race and I look forward to seeing you again....I think the last time was at Nashville last year

Based on past personal experience and recollection, the test day is $225.00 or $190.00 if you register 1 week prior. As far as I know, just show up with money. I don't think they offer half days but it might be worth an enquiry.

Cheers.

Parrish57
05-26-2008, 10:12 AM
Thanks to CCR for a great weekend! Nicely done...

Hotshoe
05-26-2008, 11:55 AM
Thanks to CCR for a great weekend! Nicely done...

Steve,

.... I'll second that........... And the weather was great!!!

.... And I appreciate you giving me some room to regain my composure yesterday..:o

.... You need to let me know if you post that somewhere...... What a ride..:cool:

.... Rickey T.

Hotshoe
05-26-2008, 12:12 PM
Inquiring minds want to know. ;)

Tom,

.... Really enjoyed driving your car on Saturday. Hope I gave you some good feedback.

.... And the cookout that night was great... Hope to do it again

.... Rickey T.

Parrish57
05-26-2008, 12:45 PM
Steve,

.... I'll second that........... And the weather was great!!!

.... And I appreciate you giving me some room to regain my composure yesterday..:o

.... You need to let me know if you post that somewhere...... What a ride..:cool:

.... Rickey T.

Ask and ye shall receive!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Cq7F93IdNw

It looks like you needed some more heat in those tires! What kind of rubber did you have under you?

Hotshoe
05-26-2008, 03:55 PM
It looks like you needed some more heat in those tires! What kind of rubber did you have under you?

Steve,

.... Good video.

.... My error was linked to the race I ran right before I got in the BMW. The braking zone for the Miata was just about right where I did the braking in your video in the Z3. Which was about 20' to late....:eek:

.... I had a great race in Spec Miata..... and was really pumped when I jumped in the BMW.... I just had a flash of the red haze and wanted to get that blue Miata..:cool:

.... As for the Rubber I had under me, I was trying some Hankook tires that came with a set of wheels I bought from a guy that was running an E36 in NASA. I haven't had a chance to check the wear on them, but the grip was pretty consistent for the entire run. Even with a flat spotted left front..:rolleyes:

.... Rickey T.

Bryan88
05-26-2008, 04:22 PM
Ask and ye shall receive!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Cq7F93IdNw

That Z car sounds MEAN !!!!!!

GKR_17
05-26-2008, 05:05 PM
That Z car sounds MEAN !!!!!!

Also sounds like 8k on the downshifts! Steve is fast though so I guess it works.

Parrish57
05-26-2008, 05:43 PM
Also sounds like 8k on the downshifts! Steve is fast though so I guess it works.

Who needs brakes when you have an expensive race motor to slow you down?

I think I did hit about 7300 on a few of them. I have to stop doing that! It's my worst habit as a driver. On the upshifts I shift at 7000 or less.

pballance
05-27-2008, 08:26 AM
Nice Video Steve. Obviously you are at the pointy end of the field. OK, somebody fill us slackers in. Who did what? Did SteveP put down another hot lap? Did JeffY get to the front? and what about Ron, did he cure his miss?

Parrish57
05-27-2008, 11:37 AM
Nice Video Steve. Obviously you are at the pointy end of the field. OK, somebody fill us slackers in. Who did what? Did SteveP put down another hot lap? Did JeffY get to the front? and what about Ron, did he cure his miss?

OK... I'll do my best.. I stayed VERY busy fixing damage and brakes so my memory might be fuzzy.

Saturdays qualifying order was Rickey T in the ITR bimmer with the overall pole. I was first in ITS, just nipping Mike VanSteenburg by 1 tenth (1:47.5 ish). Then it was Kent T, the #77 ITR 325is, Jeff Y, Jeff McCandless, and Earp. There were 13 S cars in total. At the start of the race I tucked in behind Rickey and Mike must have tied a rope to my back bumper because he stayed about 6 inches off of it for the first 6 or 7 laps. He was just sitting there waiting on the Z brakes to fade. And fade they did! I can make the car go fast for a lap or two but repeating that for 14 laps is just asking too much of the Z. Mike started to leave me behind and Kent started to reappear in my mirror. He caught me on the front staight and in the so called braking zone mine went to the floor. I went as deep into the sand trap as anyone has ever been. Grabbed a gear and reentered before turn 3. I limped around the last 2 laps with NO brakes to finish 3rd. As I understand it, Jeff M got by both Earp and Jeff Y on the last lap for 4th. The rest is kind of blurred in my mind.

After working on the brakes till midnight, I started Sunday with everything brand new. As you can see on the video, It was MVS with the overall pole with a blistering lap of 1:46.5 ish. Then Rickey, me, Jeff M, Matt Moorefield 77 ITR, Jeff Y, Earp. After Rickey settled down on lap 2 he chased down MVS for the lead. I ran alone in second in ITS and was watching Jeff Y in my mirror. Apparantly Jeff M had an off. I don't recall what happened but Jeff Y disappeared near the end. I think Jeff M finished 3rd.

As for the ECR, it is a very short story for us. The brakes blew out about 20 minutes in with Bryan driving. It's time to upgrade the brakes again!

Overall it was a great weekend. Someone else will have to fill in the blanks for the other classes. We were too busy to have a chance to watch any of the other race action.

JeffYoung
05-27-2008, 12:00 PM
That's about it. I started 4th Saturday, and destroyed a wheel hub about 5 laps in. Had nothing for Kent, Mike VS or Steve.

Kent's car apparently got torn up in the CCPS fracas later that day, he didn't run on Sunday.

Sunday, qual in ITS was Mike vS, Steve, Jeff M, me, Ron. Ron did cure the miss. Oil level in carburetors seemed to be the issue.

On the start I got around Jeff M. and ran 3rd until the last lap. Brake, handling and driver fade on my part, plus a great drive by Ron adn Jeff M. and they caught me and passed me with one to go. So, finish was Mike VS, Steve, Jeff M., Ron, me.

tom_sprecher
05-27-2008, 12:23 PM
To CCR and Steve, thanks for putting on a great weekend. You guys managed to cram 10# into a 5# bag so congrats on that. The Yuengling at the social was nice.

Ricky, you're welcome and thank you for showing me what I need to do. That 2 seconds I found immediately was all because of you, bud. Now, if I could come up the other 4 I need...;)

It was great to be able to put faces to names for Jeff, Ron and Kirk. I just wish there was more time to BS with you guys. Maybe next time.

I never drove the old layout but I sure like the new one. If I could just figure out 4 & 5 I'm sure time could be picked up there.

Ron Earp
05-27-2008, 12:45 PM
You guys have already summed it up, not much I can add. Fantastic driving there from Steve, Mike VS, Rickey, Jeff M, and Jeff Young. Good stuff, I got to watch most of it from my view:

Part One
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5IyVUqY7l4

Part Two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gt4ka-wDwY

Part Three
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMqX0WZJP18

I enjoyed the race back there with Jeff M (he wouldn't have been there had he not had a couple of little offs, nice driving Jeff and I really enjoyed dicing it up) and Jeff Young, lots of fun. First time I've ever really been racing with some S cars so I was pleased. Bear in mind when you see some bad lines hugging some corners in those vids they are for a purpose (and partly because I don't know what I'm doing) - Mr. Jeff M. is on me and I'm trying to keep him away! Alas, I was not successful but enjoyed the drive!

Good weekend, nice job CCR!

tbtapper
05-27-2008, 02:10 PM
Yep, it was a "fun" weekend, terrific weather for sure. Wow, you ITS guys have sure raised the bar on power and performance. After I figured out on Saturday the "problem" I've had for a couple of years now regarding fueling Sunday my car ran perfectly.

Unfortunately, what it has to give is apparently WAY off the current ITS pace. Bummer, I was so looking forward to mixing it up with some of you. Obviously, not MVS or Parrish!

Guess 2006 ARRC tires just won't cut it at CMP, there goes the CC balance again. Sunday I just could not reach the same pace as Saturday nor the pace from February. Any others of you think the track seemed more "slippery" Sunday??

I had a good tussle with a couple of IT7 cars, jeez when did they get sooo fast? Looking forward to Barber hope to have new tires and be able to focus on driving and performance rather than body work.

Apparently Pedigree shows when the green flag drops congrats to you all.

Later

Travers
ITS 19

seckerich
05-27-2008, 02:20 PM
Glad to hear everyone had an enjoyable weekend. As race chair that was the main goal. Myself and CCR appreciate the support you have shown for our race weekends and will try to do the best we can in the future. I did learn that race chair and crew chief do not mix. Let my wife Vicki run all weekend with swaybar unhooked.:blink: Some idiot forgot to hook it up after the rain session. She kept telling me it was loose and I chalked it up to tires. Anyone have a room for a homeless crew chief.:D

Ron Earp
05-27-2008, 02:43 PM
Yep, it was a "fun" weekend, terrific weather for sure. Wow, you ITS guys have sure raised the bar on power and performance. After I figured out on Saturday the "problem" I've had for a couple of years now regarding fueling Sunday my car ran perfectly.

Travers
ITS 19

Hey Travers,

I enjoyed meeting with you and you've been faster than me at CMP before as I remember. Good to race with you as with everyone else I ran with, I always feel "safe" with this group around.

I don't know about the others but I have gained a bit of power since my last two outings. I will post some dyno plots down in the Nissan section, but my peak hp is about 165-168 rear wheel hp, still a bit aways from the top ITS cars but up from my 155 level I ran with earlier in the year. I also finally cured my missing/hesitation issue that has plagued me since CMP in Feb. Car is faster when it pulls to redline without coughing and sputtering all the way.

I thought the track was a bit greasy and CMP seems to get that way from all reports. I think it'd be interesting to really find out if a track gets "greasy" by doing and independent measurement of coefficient of friction at various points on the track, but seat of the pants says something is greasy - the track or the tires, either way the effect is the same - not so much grip!

Good weekend.

Ron

tom_sprecher
05-27-2008, 02:43 PM
I had a good tussle with a couple of IT7 cars, jeez when did they get sooo fast?

Travers, when I came over and said we traded paint I think I was wrong. You were too fast according to the results sheet of the Sat race. I think it was another white 2nd gen driven by Kathleen Weddington. No matter what I tried I could not get around her.

I have a video of my race which I have named "The Battle For Not Last Place" and will post it if I can figure out how. :)

JeffYoung
05-27-2008, 02:54 PM
Tom, good to meet you as well.

Butch, good to meet you and your g-hound.

See you guys soon I hope.

paul59
05-27-2008, 03:19 PM
This is the first time I have seen that track... Great run, it looked like a true blast!!!

Butch Kummer
05-27-2008, 03:45 PM
I didn't have much time to socialize either, but I enjoyed putting faces with some of the names (and thoughts) I see here on the forum. Maybe next time I can meet some more of y'all.

I wondered if Rick would have to pull in early from Sunday's Group 4 SM race (thus not having to go to Impound) in order to make it to the ITR Bimmer that was waiting on the grid for the Group 5 race. Obviously he made it okay with the minor braking point adjustment on lap 1 being the only fly in the ointment. :eek:

I don't think the new configuration created another passing zone, but it's more fun and a bit easier on brakes than the old layout. Great job by CCR under trying circumstances, and my rear bumper appreciates Steve Eckerich's promise to move the green flag to Turn 9 next year (which is how SCR does it). And I FULLY appreciate the effort to be both organizer and participant on the same weekend! :happy204:

Looking forward to the Double SARRC (and night ECR) at Nashville in June, then Road Atlanta in July and the Double at Barber Labor Day weekend. That should put us in good shape for the SIC in September before finishing up with the ARRC by GRM Nov. 7-9.

See ya...

BTW - rwhp on a GTA car is 380-410, and the cars are no more expensive to race than an IT car. (Can you say "$600 for a set of tires?")

pballance
05-27-2008, 04:18 PM
Thanks for catching me up. I really missed not being there but sometimes work gets in the way. I look forward to seeing everybody at NSS and Barber.

Ron, glad to hear your stumble went away. I am still working on mine but hope to have it fixed by NSS. My normal traveling buddies were both at CMP with their DSR's. No major problems for them and they too had a good time.

Tom, hope to see you at Nashville.

Team SSR
05-28-2008, 10:05 AM
We enjoyed racing with those of you that ran the ECR or CCPS.
If we get some better tires we'll try to mix it up with you SARRC racers again :)

tom_sprecher
05-28-2008, 01:01 PM
Steve Rose, turn on your phone or sent me your email if you want the video.

Ron Earp
05-28-2008, 03:29 PM
Any chance of this weekends CMP data getting up on MyLaps?

tom_sprecher
05-28-2008, 06:39 PM
That's one of the things I like about ATlanta Region races in that the results are usually up on MyLaps that same evening. How do they do that?

Team SSR
05-30-2008, 10:01 AM
Results are on mylaps now.

seckerich
05-30-2008, 10:24 AM
Sorry for the delay in results to my laps. It was a new version of the orbits software and it was screwing up the posting. Had to be sure it was right.

tom_sprecher
05-30-2008, 10:44 AM
With all you guys had going on last weekend no need to be sorry. Can't wait until the next time you guys put on a race.

Thanks,

JeffYoung
05-30-2008, 01:15 PM
Same here, thanks again for a great weekend.

Steve is that October race "firm?" I really like running CMP in the cool weather, and you can count on two ITS cars if thta event stays on the schedule this year.