PDA

View Full Version : Pocono

hunter164
04-27-2008, 11:45 PM
Who is planning on going to Pocono?? Hoping to have more fun down there this year over years past, and the more people there are the more fun can be had!! We are planning on taking the 5 car trailer down and have a couple empty spots if anyone is interested in renting a ride/use of our tools and saving some money over towing the car down there yourself.

dtanthon
04-28-2008, 07:28 AM
The May 10 & 11 event should be a lot of fun this year with the addition of the Driving Impressions Pro-IT. This is the first event so we may have a few growing pains but expect a great race. The prize money checks to be handed out Saturday night at the post race party. The grid will be in pit lane, nice photo, as of now this is the first race after lunch on Saturday.

This is also a double regional with an enduro so there will be plenty of tracktime.

Come on out to Pocono, have a great time!

See you there,
Darrell Anthony
NNJR-RE
Jersey Racing Board Member

RSTPerformance
04-28-2008, 10:49 PM
Who is planning on going to Pocono?? Hoping to have more fun down there this year over years past, and the more people there are the more fun can be had!! We are planning on taking the 5 car trailer down and have a couple empty spots if anyone is interested in renting a ride/use of our tools and saving some money over towing the car down there yourself.

I used BB Racing to tow my car to Pocono a couple years ago. They took very good care of it (much better than I do). They handled everything including loading and unloading it.

Thank again guys, I highly recomend your services;

Raymond

hunter164
04-29-2008, 10:52 AM
Thanks Ray. We are looking forward to a great weekend down there.

DaveITB1
05-05-2008, 12:46 AM
Does anyone know if there is a test day on Friday?
There is no calendar on the Pocono website.

Greg Amy
05-05-2008, 07:03 AM
Does anyone know if there is a test day on Friday?
So, you're saying a 30 minute qualifier, a 20 minute qualifier, a 40 minute race, a 30 minute race, another 30 minute race, and a 2.5 hour enduro isn't enough track time for the weekend...?

;)

dtanthon
05-05-2008, 07:54 AM
Dave - No, NNJR just has the track on Saturday and Sunday. A few other clubs rent on
Friday. Additional dates at Pocono are hard to get. They are booked well in advance.

Greg - You missed the 15 minute enduro qualify session Sunday first thing. Should be an interesting event.

See you all this wekend.
Thanks,
Darrell 'sooner or later getting an IT car' Anthony
NNJR-RE

DaveITB1
05-05-2008, 08:54 AM
Thanks Darrell.

Greg,
I was asking for Smarty and the tire business. He couldn't find info either, and needed to know if he had to load up the tire trailer a day earlier so that he could be of service to those testing.

And to your point, there's never enough track time........:)

So, you're saying a 30 minute qualifier, a 20 minute qualifier, a 40 minute race, a 30 minute race, another 30 minute race, and a 2.5 hour enduro isn't enough track time for the weekend...?

;)

benspeed
05-05-2008, 09:40 AM
This weekend is shaping up to be a barn burner - go check out the huge entry of ITS cars for the Pro IT race.

What gives with the low ITA Pro IT entries? Figured that would have outpaced ITS with the huge ITA fields recently.

Andy Bettencourt
05-05-2008, 10:40 AM
This weekend is shaping up to be a barn burner - go check out the huge entry of ITS cars for the Pro IT race.

What gives with the low ITA Pro IT entries? Figured that would have outpaced ITS with the huge ITA fields recently.

Nobody wants to race Joe at Pocono!!! :)

I'll take my beating queitly.....

dtanthon
05-05-2008, 11:32 PM
I've been getting a lot of emails/questions about tire service available at Pocono:

http://TheTireShoppe.com (http://thetireshoppe.com/) is the Northeast Distributor for Hankook Competition tires and a large supplier of Toyo RA1's. Will be on hand with tires and equipment, including tire shaving equipment.

Good Year - as always will be present

Hoosier - http://www.northeastracingtire.com - Smarty is entered in the Enduro, assume as usual we will see his smiling face.

See you all this weekend, going to be some GREAT racing!

gt40jim
05-06-2008, 07:30 PM
Hi guys! Does Pocono have fuel available at track this weekend? Jim

RacerBill
05-07-2008, 07:31 AM
Pay Joe to DNS!!

dtanthon
05-07-2008, 12:01 PM
fuel will be available.

dtanthon
05-08-2008, 12:18 PM
why so quiet?

Look at the entry? Going to be some great racing this weekend. The regionals are like all-star races, look at the names. Big fields in all IT and SM groups.

Pro-IT is going to be a barn burner as well, look at ITS.

I won't mention weather but look at the forcast.

wdether
05-08-2008, 07:12 PM
why so quiet?

Look at the entry? Going to be some great racing this weekend. The regionals are like all-star races, look at the names. Big fields in all IT and SM groups.

Pro-IT is going to be a barn burner as well, look at ITS.

I won't mention weather but look at the forcast.

DA,
You did mention the W word. Are you trying to jinx the weekend?

Seriously, ITS, ITA and ITB look strong this weekend. Should be some close racing this weekend.

JLawton
05-09-2008, 07:30 AM
DA,
You did mention the W word. Are you trying to jinx the weekend?

Are you kidding?? I'm doing my rain dance as we speak!!

:D

Bring it on!!

Tkczecheredflag
05-09-2008, 07:50 AM
We are "locked and loaded" - rain tires alreay on the car. Nine months since my last race - Wet, dry - It'll just be nice to turn a wheel.

Greg Amy
05-09-2008, 08:38 AM
Sorry, kids: Greg the Weatherman predicts no rain the whole weekend. And he's usually right.

You'll get drenched tonight on the way to the track (and while standing in line for registration), and you'll get pissed on during the drive home (but only if you stay for the enduro), but if you're dancing for rain tomorrow or Sunday morning, your energy's being wasted.

Get those dry tires on the cars, swap out your panties for some boxers, and be ready to race like real men. - GA

Tkczecheredflag
05-09-2008, 08:57 AM
Sorry, kids: Greg the Weatherman predicts no rain the whole weekend. And he's usually right.

You'll get drenched tonight on the way to the track (and while standing in line for registration), and you'll get pissed on during the drive home (but only if you stay for the enduro), but if you're dancing for rain tomorrow or Sunday morning, your energy's being wasted.

Get those dry tires on the cars, swap out your panties for some boxers, and be ready to race like real men. - GA
Greg - I have graduated to a thong - it's veeerrry stimulating and works for all kinds of weather - talk about takin' it into the the "twisties."

Doc Bro
05-09-2008, 09:39 AM
Greg - I have graduated to a thong - it's veeerrry stimulating and works for all kinds of weather - talk about takin' it into the the "twisties."

Hilarious Tim!!! Totally gross, but hilarious.

R

Greg Amy
05-09-2008, 10:07 AM
:023:

dj10
05-09-2008, 10:35 AM
Oh dude way to much information!!!!!!!!:( My crotchless - eatable underwear are the best!:D

lateapex911
05-09-2008, 10:42 AM
Oh dude way to much information!!!!!!!!:( My croutchless underwear are the best!:D

"Croutchless"??

Is that underwear that won't allow you to crouch Dan?
(old age does that for most folks, but hey, i guess some just can't wait and get special undergarments to help them feel old....)

dj10
05-09-2008, 10:52 AM
"Croutchless"??

Is that underwear that won't allow you to crouch Dan?
(old age does that for most folks, but hey, i guess some just can't wait and get special undergarments to help them feel old....)

I have a personal spelling checker.:) Thanks Kake! ;)

JLawton
05-09-2008, 11:03 AM
You guys wear underwear????? :blink:

dtanthon
05-09-2008, 11:25 AM
thanks for the idea for a new trophy, have to work on that for October finale

Not my size of course, we don't need a new car cover.

Safe trip up tp Pocono, see you all in a few hours. Time to go racing!!!!!!!:smilie_pokal:

dj10
05-09-2008, 11:40 AM
thanks for the idea for a new trophy, have to work on that for October finale

Not my size of course, we don't need a new car cover.

Safe trip up tp Pocono, see you all in a few hours. Time to go racing!!!!!!!:smilie_pokal:

Leaving Ligonier etd 1300 eta Pocono 1700.:cool:

Andy Bettencourt
05-09-2008, 03:28 PM
Bettencourt Miata - NOT coming. Another substitute player. I beat any of you at THIS track and you ought to hang it up. :)

jimalley
05-10-2008, 08:45 PM
Any news of todays results at Pocono?

Tkczecheredflag
05-11-2008, 06:48 AM
Havin'n my ,morning coffee and a little shakey on details.
Great ITA race between Crazy Joe and Jeff Lawton.

Jeff put the car on the pole - Joe and Jeff trade P-1 several times during the race and make claims of door handle to door handle at every corner on the track. Jeff "hiccups" with about 3 laps to go in T-1, litters the track with cones but safely keeps P-2. Jeff and Joe were quicker than most of the field making tons of power (that's what you bring to Pocono - ponies - they had them - tons of power, keeping them a couple of seconds per lap in front of the field). I'll let them fill in the details - I suspect the video will be very good. Shane ran a nice race and came through the field from 7th to P-4

My best guess on the times
P-1 - Carzy Joe 1.53.0
P-2 - Jeff Lawton 1.53.4
P-3 - Tim Klvana 155.0
P-4 - Shane Hawthorne 155.7
P-5 - Andy Benttencourt (as mentioned not his car)
Maybe Doc Bro was next (Doc did pick up hardware for the Pro IT - P-2 )

Looks like another great day in the Pocono's

dominojd
05-11-2008, 07:22 AM
Havin'n my ,morning coffee and a little shakey on details.
Great ITA race between Crazy Joe and Jeff Lawton.

Jeff put the car on the pole - Joe and Jeff trade P-1 several times during the race and make claims of door handle to door handle at every corner on the track. Jeff "hiccups" with about 3 laps to go in T-1, litters the track with cones but safely keeps P-2. Jeff and Joe were quicker than most of the field making tons of power (that's what you bring to Pocono - ponies - they had them - tons of power, keeping them a couple of seconds per lap in front of the field). I'll let them fill in the details - I suspect the video will be very good. Shane ran a nice race and came through the field from 7th to P-4

My best guess on the times
P-1 - Carzy Joe 1.53.0
P-2 - Jeff Lawton 1.53.4
P-3 - Tim Klvana 155.0
P-4 - Shane Hawthorne 155.7
P-5 - Andy Benttencourt (as mentioned not his car)
Maybe Doc Bro was next (Doc did pick up hardware for the Pro IT - P-2 )

Looks like another great day in the Pocono's

Timmy what are you doin up so early? :)

Fantastic race and a beautiful day in the poconos. Like Timmah said Jeff and I ran nose to tail swapping postions almost every lap until Jeff gave me the race on the next to the last lap. Over all Kakashi racing had a great day, a 1st and 2nd in ITA and our fearless leader tGA motored his and Jeremy's ITS Integra to a 2nd place finish.

More details and video to come soon at www.kakashiracing.com (http://www.kakashiracing.com)

Tkczecheredflag
05-12-2008, 06:12 AM
Let me be the first to congratulate Joe D and Jeff L on the their "1-2 punch" this weekend - You guys drove an awesome race - With three checkered flags to his credit, it would appear we are now all chasing Joe D in ITA- Word has it that Crazy Joe's new found speed can be attribuited to the wax hie is using on the new paint job - He say's it's real slippery. CPM Motorsports had a pretty good run going yesterday until the lower connector on my window net released. We strugged to hold off Joe for the lead while the window bar continued to slide out of the net, getting tangeled up in my pedals on the floor - Got the visual? - Me, Joe, and Jeff - drafting nose to tail - I'm holding the window net with one hand, trying to keep it from flapping out the window and not get black flagged - Needless to say we lost P-1 and P-2 to Joe and Jeff. The CPM Motorsports car ran pretty strong on Sunday - The race was great fun and Joe and Jeff are talented drivers - It's a pleasure to run with you guys. Special thanks to my crew Carol and Jerry Miller and Crew Cheif, Ken Schielke, who continue to pick the slack for me as I battle through some health issues - You guys are awsome - I couldn't do this without you.

Also, thanks to NNJR - Great weekend!!

ITA Results
Joe D 1.53.9
Jeff L 1.53.8
Tim K 1.53.9
Shane H 1.56.3
Andy B 1.56.1

Andy Bettencourt
05-12-2008, 07:07 AM
Yup, Joe and Jeff dominated the weekend and Joe is in the cat-bird seat in ITA. It will be a long haul for all of us this year!

Looking forward to NHMS...

Dave Zaslow
05-12-2008, 07:21 AM
Group 4 Was SM, ITB, ITC, SSC

ITB Qualifying (Saturday)

Dave Zaslow 1:58.9 A3 Golf
Michael Reece 1:59.5 A2 Golf
Gordon Wise 2:00.0 A2 Golf
Ken Hubbard 2:00.1 BMW 2002
Nat Wentworth 2:01.4 Volvo 142
Marios Tinis 2:02.1 Golf A2
Enrick Benazic 2:02.2 Honda Civic
Erik Langelius 2.02.4 Honda Civic
Charles Gerundo 2:05.9 A2 Golf
Tim Mullen DNQ* A3 Golf

* Tim Went out in the ITPro qualifying but his ECU was kaput. He borrowed another and ran Saturdays race and the ITPro event.

ITB Race (Saturday) 46 Cars On Track

Ken Hubbard 1:57.7
Dave Zaslow 1:58.1
Nat Wentworth 1:58.8
Enrick Benazic 1:59.4
Gordon Wise 1:59.1
Erik Langelius 1:59.3
Tim Mullen 1:59.8
Charles Gerundo 2:01.3
Marios Tinis 2:09.2
Michael Reece 2.02.6

ITB Race (Sunday) 41 Cars On Track

Ken Hubbard 1:59.9
Dave Zaslow 1:58.2
Nat Wentworth 2:00.5
Gordon Wise 1:58.6
Enrick Benazic 1:59.9
Erik Langelius 2:00.5
Charles Gerundo 2:00.9
Michael Reece 2.03.5
Marios Tinis 2:01.2
Tim Mullen DNF*

27 SM's in the field did not make for happy ITB racers.

My races came down to the starts. In Saturday's race I got boxed in at the start by Miata's that did not go. Ken got a great run, as did Michael. There were always too many SM's playing their own games that did not want to let an ITB car past to chase down a competitor. I was catching Michael and then his alternator exploded and ventilated the hood. Marios found his handling funny and found his tie rod loose and almost backed off all the way to failure. Tim started DFL and had fun passing a ton of cars.

Sunday's start was better for me. I got to stay right on the back of Ken. Most unfortunately there was a major incident as Tim was wrecked in Turn 1/Lap1 by an SSC Civic. It had gone off the outside and jerked back on and across the track nailing Tim. Tim's car may be a write-off. Tim was sore but seemed as coherent afterwards as he had been before the race. The track was blocked with debris and the lead pack saw double yellows approaching turn 1 for lap 2. Everyone had to stop as the wrecker, ambulance and debris took the entire pavement. The race was then black-flagged and re-gridded in the starting order.

After the restart I finally got by the SM between us and got a shot at catching him again. Eventually I got close and it was going to be a good battle. Nat also had a good start and I could see him on my tail for a while until some SM's also fubar'ed his charge. Then we came upon some very slow Miata's at the exit from the infield. This made me happy as I could leave a gap and get through the corner better. Or so I thought when the miata two cars back hit the miata in back of me and sent me into Ken. No more gap, no better exit speed. The one two cars back then gets the run and gets between us. I could not get back to him in the one lap left. OTOH it was a lot of fun.

DZ

JLawton
05-12-2008, 07:42 AM
Who says Pocono isn't challenging?? I learned more about the draft this weekend than in all my previous years of racing. What a blast!!

Tim, if it's all about the horse power, how did a Miata run a full second faster than us last year???..........Or maybe it IS all about horse power?? :shrug:

Nice job Joe and Tim. Couldn't have asked for more exciting races. Joe and I certainly hammered each other for the entire first race (with out touching). Traded places 7 times during the race (watched the video last night). Two second places isn't bad but it would have been nice to come away with one win!! :p Of course, knocking 1.4 seconds on my previous best time isn't bad either........Now I only need another full second.................Can't wait until the July race!!!

Andy Bettencourt
05-12-2008, 08:48 AM
Tim, if it's all about the horse power, how did a Miata run a full second faster than us last year???..........Or maybe it IS all about horse power?? :shrug:

...Of course, knocking 1.4 seconds on my previous best time isn't bad either....

Maybe you DROVE better!!!!! :rolleyes:

raffaelli
05-12-2008, 09:03 AM
Andy, how come you were not in your typical ride?

Andy Bettencourt
05-12-2008, 09:12 AM
Still working on a new motor. Parts sourcing delays...crap!

Jeremy Billiel
05-12-2008, 09:18 AM
Great Job to the entire Kakashi Team this weekend. 2 First Places, 4 second places and 1 fifth.

The Evil B*tch (New Nickname for the GSR) was still having the dreaded VTEC issue Saturday morning in qualifying. We wrenched and threw everything mechanically we could at in including installing the accucump, new VTEC controller, etc.

Finally we got desperate and put the stock ECU tune back into the car even though we were going to loose power. Surprise Surprise with the stock tuning VTEC was working correctly just in time for the 1st regional race Saturday afternoon. After 2 long weekends we finally figured out the issue.

The bad news is we were very noticably down on power, but we will get back to the dyno, get the HP back and look for us at NHMS.

benspeed
05-12-2008, 10:15 AM
Fun weekend - melted my brakes down to the metal and had to pull off. The closing speeds on slower cars is scary. I came up on at GT3 car with an extra 50 mph closing speed and he popped out to try and pass a car - never saw me. I didn't think my car would stop and I was going to punt the guy a mile. Just bary slowed up. Wisely tapped the brakes with my left foot down the back straight - nothing. Motored around for one more lap and they never came back.

Went to the paddock and gave a look see. Piston was pushed out too far because the only thing left of the pad was some scraps glued to metal backing. Good thing stock car parts are cheap :-)

Picked up my best time of 1:38 - top speeds over 160 mph.

Best race of the day was a tie between the HRG Mustangs and the ITR cars of Dan Jones and Dave Maynard. I think Dave may have been quicker but Dan drove a solid line and held him at bay. Clean racing from what we could see - great patience on the part of Dave for not trying any "tap & go" games that appear to be standard fare for the SM Miata folks.

JLawton
05-12-2008, 11:18 AM
Best race of the day was a tie between the HRG Mustangs and the ITR cars of Dan Jones and Dave Maynard.

You obviously didn't watch the ITA race!!! ;)

One of the sweetests sounds known to man kind was your V8 screaming off the banking on to the main straight!!

Jeremy Billiel
05-12-2008, 12:00 PM
very quiet today...

:shrug:

GregMeindl
05-12-2008, 12:23 PM
It was a lot of fun racing against the Z3 and Andy in Saturday's Pro IT race. Now if I can just have Andy borrow a someone's car for every race :)It was interesting to see how the front splitter affected his top speed after it was off.

The afternoon didn't go as well for me. Something slick got put down as we went into devil's Elbow and I got real sideways and then the next lap the fuel pump let go. Wasn't staying for Sunday anyway but I was disappointed about not finishing.

I'll be back for the July race but this time with a splitter like the Honda had, that was really nice.

dtanthon
05-12-2008, 12:29 PM
For the first Pro-IT we thought it went ok, what can we do to make it better? I'll get the photos on the website. Bob Z. is going to write an article and get that out in the publications.

The first NJRRS races went well also, again, what can we do better?

See you in July, think I'll have the GTL/SPU Datsun 510, but after seeing the IT races I really need to get out there, looked like a lot of fun!

We have THE BEST drivers in SCCA by a long shot.

Thanks,
Darrell
NNJR-RE
www.NJRRS.com (http://www.NJRRS.com)
www.SCCA-NNJR.org (http://www.SCCA-NNJR.org)

benspeed
05-12-2008, 02:24 PM
Hey Jeff - that was a damn good race with you and Joe - we gave a big cheer for ya when you were in the lead and then gave Joe a big cheer when he took it. Then another cheer, then it became a drinking game since my car was broken :-(

I say we give Darrell the best RE of the year award since he, Dave Hoffman and many others came up with one of the most innovative schedules to get maximum race time/track time to the participants. How you got that one through Topeka??? - well, that outta be part of the award too!

gran racing
05-12-2008, 03:57 PM
Ben,
Shoot an e-mail to [email protected] (Mike Dickerson) with your praise.

dj10
05-12-2008, 04:34 PM
This is to whom it may concern in the Miata; it was either in the ProIT race or the Group 6 race on Sat., when you pointed by the leader, BMW #0, going into turn 1, you then proceeded to miss the turn and drove straight off course.:( Although I deepely appreciate the point by and I'm very sorry you drove off course, certaintly screwing up your lap, there is a lesson to be learned. For future reference, it is the responsibility of the over taking driver to make a clean and safe pass and it is up to the person only to provide enough racing room. No matter how fast I was closing on you, and it was fast, I must be in control at all times. Unless you felt I was not going to make the turn and you drove off for safety reasons, please don't mess your race up because a faster car in a different class is trying to pass you. :)
Good luck this year to whom ever you are.
BMW #0

Andy Bettencourt
05-12-2008, 04:35 PM
Nice to meet you Dan! Hope to have a car you can't lap the next event we share.... :)

JohnRW
05-12-2008, 04:38 PM
Heard Joel Lipperini had a BIG hit...he OK ?

dj10
05-12-2008, 04:44 PM
Nice to meet you Dan! Hope to have a car you can't lap the next event we share.... :)
The pleasure was mine also Andy. You have a nice bunch of people up there involved with Flatout! Sorry to hear about your engine parts situation. It will be my intentions to get my suspension sorted out so I WILL lap you again........ if I can.;)

jcmotorsports
05-12-2008, 06:10 PM
John
It wasn't Joel. It was Will Butter(our long time crew member) in the Civic I drove in '05+'06. Thankfully everyone involved escaped without major injuries. I just talked to Will he is still sore. The car is banged up pretty good, but we will evaluate and decide whether or not to retub. It's been a tough start to the season for the entire team with car issues for each of us, but it seemed like things were starting to turn around until the accident.
Anyway, good show to all the great races!!!!
Thanks
JC

dominojd
05-12-2008, 06:17 PM
Let me be the first to congratulate Joe D and Jeff L on the their "1-2 punch" this weekend - You guys drove an awesome race - With three checkered flags to his credit, it would appear we are now all chasing Joe D in ITA- Word has it that Crazy Joe's new found speed can be attribuited to the wax hie is using on the new paint job - He say's it's real slippery. CPM Motorsports had a pretty good run going yesterday until the lower connector on my window net released. We strugged to hold off Joe for the lead while the window bar continued to slide out of the net, getting tangeled up in my pedals on the floor - Got the visual? - Me, Joe, and Jeff - drafting nose to tail - I'm holding the window net with one hand, trying to keep it from flapping out the window and not get black flagged - Needless to say we lost P-1 and P-2 to Joe and Jeff. The CPM Motorsports car ran pretty strong on Sunday - The race was great fun and Joe and Jeff are talented drivers - It's a pleasure to run with you guys. Special thanks to my crew Carol and Jerry Miller and Crew Cheif, Ken Schielke, who continue to pick the slack for me as I battle through some health issues - You guys are awsome - I couldn't do this without you.

Also, thanks to NNJR - Great weekend!!

Thanks Timmy and Jeff it was probably the most fun racing I have ever had at Pocono. The draft has to be one of the most awsome things in racing, i wanna run Daytona with NASCAR. :) When I saw Timmy do the ole helmet tap on sunday a big smile came across my face. :D Can't wait till July's race.

Oh yeah sweet pass into one Timmy. Hangin out on the outside. :)

cpm motorsports
05-12-2008, 07:40 PM
Thanks Timmy and Jeff it was probably the most fun racing I have ever had at Pocono. The draft has to be one of the most awsome things in racing, i wanna run Daytona with NASCAR. :) When I saw Timmy do the ole helmet tap on sunday a big smile came across my face. :D Can't wait till July's race.

Oh yeah sweet pass into one Timmy. Hangin out on the outside. :)

A. It was a great race to watch!

B. Joe, you should hear the audio that goes with the 'ole helmet tap'.

C. BIG Kudos to Tim for keeping it together (at least while on the track), and taking third place even with a flapping net. :happy204:

dominojd
05-12-2008, 07:49 PM
A. It was a great race to watch!

B. Joe, you should hear the audio that goes with the 'ole helmet tap'.

C. BIG Kudos to Tim for keeping it together (at least while on the track), and taking third place even with a flapping net. :happy204:

Well when are we getting the video? :)

Here's mine:

Race 1: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3222384660419528878&hl=en

Race 2: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-973826765205624722&hl=en

TimM ITB
05-12-2008, 08:50 PM
Man, talk about a frustrating weekend!

First the ECU decided it didn't want to run above 5200 rpm in top gear - NOT good for Pocono! I now know what the problem was, so that is something that can be fixed pretty easily. As for the rest of the car.................? We'll see.

First - big thanks to Dave Zaslow for letting me borrow a complete ECU from him. Only in the community of IT racers will one of your competitors work REAL hard at helping you out, just so that you can go and make it into the next race to compete with him!

Second - thanks to the corner workers, "Tim the Tow Guy" and his wrecker, the ambulance crew, the stewards...........and everybody who came by to make sure that I was OK after the big hit. My eyes were still a little "crossed" after it first happened and I really appreciated and was much impressed by how quickly the Pocono/NNJR folks got to me and the car. Everybody was great helping me get straightened away after the incident, and I really mean it when I say THANK YOU to my fellow club members.

As for the guy in the Honda that created the mess, there is an old saying about needing to finish the race if you want to win the race. And something about you don't win the race in THE FIRST TURN OF THE FIRST LAP!!! I had the opportunity to see Charlie Gerundo's bird's eye view video of the Honda going too fast and too wide into turn one, and the resulting tail happy over correcting shooting 90 degrees across the asphalt disaster. I know that we all make mistakes, and the red mist blah blah blah, but first turn of the first lap? Man. I hope that he learns from this mess.

Tim M.

jcmotorsports
05-12-2008, 09:19 PM
Tim
I'm glad you are OK. Watching from the turn 2-3 area we didn't see the initial impact, but we did see the carnage up close and felt relief when we saw both of you guys walking around after the BIG impact. Unfortunately, Will's experience level came into play in his decision making. We saw video from a miata(not sure who's) just behind the incident and Joel and I had a long discussion with Will on what happened. He has expressed his distress with his decision making over and over, and I think he learned from it(not that that changes anything). Thank God you guys walked away from that mess because it could have been much worse.
JC

Tkczecheredflag
05-12-2008, 09:59 PM
Here's my version. I apoligize for the profanity at the end - It was totally out of line and inappropriate. These meds are killing me.
Enjoy.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4084995076652661171

kjh6576
05-12-2008, 11:03 PM
Tim,
I'm very happy you're both OK.
I did'nt realize you were involved in that untill I read the post. All I saw was SSC car . I had no idea. Man , I'm really sorry you were tangled in that mess. Most importiantly I'm glad you are OK.
Ken

dominojd
05-13-2008, 03:59 AM
Here's my version. I apoligize for the profanity at the end - It was total out of line and inappropriate. These meds are killing me.
Enjoy.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4267476545544446763

So Timmy I take it you weren't very happy? :D

Tkczecheredflag
05-13-2008, 07:08 AM
Uh yeah - Here's the picture in the car - The window net bar is rolling around on the floor down by my pedals from L-3 to the end (there is one shot in your video you can see my hand holding the net in the left hander t-3) - I'm holding the window net with my left hand and trying to drive and shift with my right - The radio is on "mic opened" so I'm hearing all the "pit chatter". In between curse words, I'm praying I don't get DQed for the net, that, at the end of the race was flapping in the wind - and all the while I couldn't stop crying in the car, making it very difficult to see, while trying to hold off Jeff. I was not happy - I guess? :(

gran racing
05-13-2008, 08:11 AM
Damn Tim, Glad you're okay! That's always been my biggest fear is getting collected by another car and having absolutely nothing that can be done to avoid it. Now that you're probably slowing getting over the shock of events, have you had a chance to evaluate the car?

Hey, congrats Joe AND Jeff! Very cool to see. :happy204:

gt40jim
05-13-2008, 08:38 AM
I just wanted to post a thanks to Dan Jones and Chris and Kevin Gleason. I 've been working with Dan a couple years and never fail to be impressed with his devotion to going faster always and his driving ethics. He really really DOES stay up at night replaying corners and car settings. Good driver and good feedback.
Chris and Kevin I feel did a helluva job considering this was their third car race ever. Second race in Spec Miatas. First and fourth overall in the enduro. :smilie_pokal: Campbell 98 had us covered but "shauden freuda" :blink: Good job guys. ( Chris does feel bad about the rear tap on a lapped car going into Devils elbow. Inexperience :unsure: Sorry)
Maybe see you guys later this year at yor new home track, Congrats :D Jim Locke

dominojd
05-13-2008, 07:02 PM
Here's my version. I apoligize for the profanity at the end - It was totally out of line and inappropriate. These meds are killing me.
Enjoy.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4084995076652661171

What happened did you shorten the video or did google sensor it? I watched this morning and there was 2 min of the "F" word, now it is all gone.

Tkczecheredflag
05-14-2008, 06:33 AM
What happened did you shorten the video or did google sensor it? I watched this morning and there was 2 min of the "F" word, now it is all gone.
Yesterday the video went down on Google- I revised it - All the F*** you stuff was way to embarrassing - It's the meds messing with me - I will be glad to be done with this chemo treatment, it sucks bad. - Timmah:(

dominojd
05-14-2008, 01:01 PM
I revised it - All the F*** you stuff was way to embarrassing - - Timmah:(

Embarassing? Have you ever heard my mouth? I was proud of ya Timmah. :D If you watch my video close of the day 2 race I missed a shift twice, after the mis-shift yuo can see me mouth a certain word, but the car was to loud to hear it on audio. :D

dickita15
05-14-2008, 01:45 PM
Embarassing? Have you ever heard my mouth?
Joe, nice of you to try to make Timmy feel better but “I am not as bad as Joe” really does not cut it as a valid defense.
Timmy, don’t worry about it. With the time in effort we all put into getting out there it is amazing we have not all turned into mass murders when things turn to crap.

Tkczecheredflag
05-14-2008, 05:24 PM
Joe, nice of you to try to make Timmy feel better but “I am not as bad as Joe” really does not cut it as a valid defense.
Timmy, don’t worry about it. With the time in effort we all put into getting out there it is amazing we have not all turned into mass murders when things turn to crap.
It's just not my style - All the people who come to the track with me do it because we have fun - I was way to F*%$in' serious - That's not fun. Oh well - live and learn. Got go - Need to catch up on my latest biography about Ted Bundy.

Thanks Dick.

Robert Zecca
05-15-2008, 02:18 PM
Andy please call me at 1-800-275-4667 when you get a chance.

Thanks
Bob Zecca

Z3_GoCar
05-19-2008, 03:38 PM
Hilarious Tim!!! Totally gross, but hilarious.

R
Hey Rob,

I'm trying to send you a PM, but your box is turned off. How far are you from Hartford?

James

Doc Bro
05-19-2008, 07:58 PM
Hey Rob,

I'm trying to send you a PM, but your box is turned off. How far are you from Hartford?

James

James,

About 20 min south, with no traffic. How do I turn on my mailbox???:017:

R

Z3_GoCar
05-20-2008, 02:24 AM
Hey Rob,

Click User Cp, then on the left User Options and enable private messenging, I think should do it. I suspect that these settings have changed since the change over.

James