PDA

View Full Version : ITS showdown @ Daytona!

Super Swift
04-25-2008, 06:55 PM
Daytona is looking to be a very awesome race weekend for “ITS.” 13 different model’s, 15 different spec lines and still a week to improve the list.

190E
240sx
240z
280z (75-78)
280zx (79-83)
300zx
924S
Achieva SCX
Civic Si
Integra GSR (92-93)
Integra GSR (94-00)
Miata
Prelude (was listed… but disappeared)
RX-7

I am looking forward to watching this!

I hope a few other “odd balls” show up. Maybe a TR8 & 260z… Come on guys you brag about a race with 15 cars why not attend a race & make it 17 spec lines?

Ben Robertson

ECR
04-26-2008, 11:43 AM
Not ITS, but worth a mention anyway. Seems there's a clown in ITC sponsored by

"Rubber Johnny Racing"

Says he's got the competition "covered"

Chris Wire
04-26-2008, 12:52 PM
I'll be there as a spectator only. :(

It looks like a can't-miss-it weekend, so I'd encourage those on the fence to make the journey. I'm not close enough to the fence to close the deal and make it. Especially in an untested car.

June event at Sebring is out due to family commitments, so I'll look for something else before the SARRC-SARRC at Daytona in August, and the Labor Day event at Sebring is a must.

Cohen-Busler and Meno-Hollywood are carrying the rotary torch into battle! Go boys!!!

I'm available for pit duty if needed.

its66
04-26-2008, 02:23 PM
Chris,
Bring your fueling gear if you are serious. I've got the prettiest fire bottle person on pit road, but she will need a fueler. The two of you can take care of the Meno machine, and the 66.

Ben,
Doesn't it make you wish you had an e36 ITS car to join in???? :) You'll have some good battles in your race also.

Chris Wire
04-26-2008, 02:31 PM
Chris,
Bring your fueling gear if you are serious. I've got the prettiest fire bottle person on pit road, but she will need a fueler. The two of you can take care of the Meno machine, and the 66.

Done! Now you'll have the most stylish fueler as well!

Always eager to return the many favors that have been done for me over the years, and you and Hollywood rank up there with the best of them. I'll be there Sunday afternoon after church. See ya there!

Super Swift
04-26-2008, 04:13 PM
Jim,

The logistics of getting 3 cars down there is a little too much for us @ the moment. :(

I am excited to be driving our SM in the small bore enduro against all those smokin’ fast VW’s like ECR. I might even be more excited to see what Grafton and Dad can do with our ITR car. But once I move past those egocentric tendencies… The ITS race looks like it is going to be very fun and probably the most enjoyable one to watch of the weekend.

Good luck Jim! :eclipsee_steering:

SPiFF
04-27-2008, 05:57 PM
Nice. ITS is looking great this year! We had 21 cars with ~11 different models at Roebling this weekend

JeffYoung
04-27-2008, 11:05 PM
Ben, we would love to be there....just too much of tow for this point in the schedule.

Plan on trying to make August Daytona though...hope to see you there.

Chris Wire
04-27-2008, 11:35 PM
Ben, we would love to be there....just too much of tow for this point in the schedule.

Plan on trying to make August Daytona though...hope to see you there.

C'mon down, Jeff. Daytona loves V8 horsepower! (Take it from a former A/Sedan race winner there!) It will be well worth the effort.

Ron Earp
04-28-2008, 09:21 AM
I'd love to come down, but ITS is really strong this year and the race schedule in these parts really front loaded and tight. I had issues this weekend at Roebling and VIR is only 11 days away at this point - must get to work! And right after VIR is CMP Monster Memorial, one of the best race weekends of the year (IMHO).

I do plan on bringing my red-headed stepchild Z to Daytona in August though and look forward to it!

Ron

jmark
05-05-2008, 08:24 AM
Results? A little bird tells me the 280ZX won. Congrats Charles & Greg for building the 280ZX.

its66
05-05-2008, 07:46 PM
Little bird tells you right. The ZX won. Congrats Charles. I'll admit it surprised me. Good for you.

Results are up on Mylaps.com. Yes, already. Lots of good stories. Lots of good racing. Thanks to Kevin Busler for driving the wheels off the 66 and helping me shakedown a few issues. He charged back up to 2nd place after the double yellow, only to prove that we were our own worst enemies. A pitstop issue, and weak battery cost us over a minute--which wiped out the great track position we had. There were several good battles from P2-P7 in ITS. As for P1, well, lets just say the Irishman had us all covered until the last lap.

Also, while on the ECR discussion. Kudos to the region, CFR Race Director, and to Krys Dean. This was absolutely the smoothest Daytona ECR I have ever attended. From registration, to loading up to leave, everything went smooth. I hope it was the same for everyone else. :happy204::happy204:

Ron Earp
05-05-2008, 08:08 PM
Is this the Daytona Classic? I see the SM results in Group 1, where are the ITS results, what group?

its66
05-05-2008, 11:33 PM
Ron,
Try this link for the Group 7 results(big bore IT).
http://www.mylaps.com/results/newResults.jsp?id=796487&highlight=7

Chris Wire
05-06-2008, 09:42 AM
ITS was indeed a great race. And while I watched the ITA race with some interest (as in, "how is that Neon keeping up w/ Ronie's Integra? :shrug:) I didn't realize what a good race it was until Jim posted the Mylaps link and I saw that the margin of victory in ITA was .068 seconds !!!

SATURNRACER
05-06-2008, 11:40 PM
Both of those guys are fast!
And I like the new paint job on Ronies car you cant miss him.
I was happy to watch Stan stay in the draft with Ronie and Cao they both are really good drivers and really nice peeps too.:D

I will agree that it was smooth but no drivers meeting until Sunday????? after the SM class?????:shrug:
Anyway had a great time next time we will give the DP class a shot looks like fun.

Richy Gonzalez
05-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Unfortunately, my car issues continue but we are getting there. Finally got solid brakes but going back to the dyno next week with the engine builder to see why this damn car of mine has no power and then losses the little bit it has.

Regardless of my problems, it was still a fun weekend. Love hanging out with my bro and friends. Ray had a great SM enduro moving up half the field and both ITS and ITA where impressive. Was really hoping to see that 66 car on the podium! Hope to joining the fight soon!

its66
05-08-2008, 05:28 PM
Was really hoping to see that 66 car on the podium!
Yep, me too. :shrug:

Richie,
You know, we over in the dark side of Rotary-land do allow Honduh people to join our forces and hang out with us.