PDA

View Full Version : Pro IT race at Drift Atlanta (5/9-11)

NutDriverRighty
04-25-2008, 11:18 AM
Was just wondering if anyone knew about the Pro IT race at the Drift Atlanta event. There is supposed to be a practice day on 5/9. Do you have to be entered in the Pro IT race to take part in it? Thanks for the help.

Scott Franklin
www.NutDriver.org

tom_sprecher
04-25-2008, 11:45 AM
The test day is a separate event and is hosted by the Atlanta Region SCCA. It is only a half day since we are sharing the track with other organizations. Here is the link to register.

http://www.dlbracing.com/clubs/sedivracing/clubrace.aspx?EventID=3318

And a link to the schedule and supps.

http://www.dlbracing.com/download.filx?FileID=623

Butch Kummer
04-25-2008, 01:41 PM
As Tom has indicated, Friday will be open to ALL cars that pass SCCA safety standards. Right now we've scheduled three groups (big cars, little cars, open-wheeled) for two 25-minute sessions each, but we can adjust that as needed based on who actually signs up. Cost is $125 for the day (no partial days available), and we'll be alternating sessions with the F2000 Pro series as well.

The other reason for the short day is we need to be off the track by 3:00 so the Drift festivities (I hesitate to call it competition) can start. I have problems with anything judged on style points being called competition, but I'll probably hang around at least awhile to avail myself of the scenery at the event.

NutDriverRighty
04-25-2008, 11:12 PM
Thanks Tom and Butch. Hope to get the IT7 car out that weekend. My bro sacrificed a drive at CMP a few weeks back and I owe him pit crew duty.

CHennecy85
05-06-2008, 10:27 AM
If any one needs a co-driver or wants to rent a ride for the ECR or PRO-IT give me a call at 843.997.3387 and let me know what you have.

I have numerous podium finishes and have won at CMP in an ITS car and lead both the ECR race and ITS race last year at Rockingham before my car faltered due to engine troubles. I think having the opportunity to race during the Drift Atlanta event is a neat opportunity and appreciate whoever put it together.

Chris

tom_sprecher
05-12-2008, 12:57 PM
Thanks Tom and Butch. Hope to get the IT7 car out that weekend. My bro sacrificed a drive at CMP a few weeks back and I owe him pit crew duty.

Too bad you couldn't make it as the weather was beautiful (during the day that is, damn close to a tornado Friday night though) and having spectators packed in the stands in 10b was kinda cool too. Maybe next time.

You guys doing CMP?