PDA

View Full Version : FARA USA Huge Race Event (Miami, FL) May 9th and 10th

rob20rx7
04-25-2008, 02:00 AM
There will be a really big show and race (http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=751178#) event Going on at Homestead Speedway on May 9th and 10th. There are already 34 race cars registered plus the drift cars that will be participating. You race guys should get your cars ready and come out for some fun clean competition.

farausa.com

Laterz!

Knestis
04-25-2008, 08:22 AM
What kind of race...?

K

ECR
04-25-2008, 10:42 AM
K. Go to www.FARAUSA.com and you can view all the info about our organization and events,both past and future. The upcoming event will be held saturday May 10,with open practice on friday the 9th, sunday being reserved for mother's day.

Thanks for the interest

David Leira

rob20rx7
04-25-2008, 05:00 PM
Well said! LOL

Good to hear from you David, are you going on friday for paractice?

See you out there :023:

shwah
04-25-2008, 05:10 PM
Wow. So if someone wins you will penalize them an arbitrary amount at the next event to assure that someone else wins? If everyone wants a trohpy let them go to a trophy shop.:shrug:

ECR
04-25-2008, 07:35 PM
247......not worth a reply

shwah
04-25-2008, 08:34 PM
Why? Did I mis-read your 2008 rule book?

FARA General Rules 2008 last paragraph:

Any car that finishes in 1st place will start in the 11

th position for the following race. Any car that finishes in 2nd place will start in the 5th position for the following race. If the same car that finished 1st previously finishes 1st again, the car will once again be required to start in the 11th position. Additionally, The Race Director reserves the right to have that car enter pit lane maintaining 45 mph, during a green flag, and also perform a stop-and-go for an indefinite amount of time. The same procedures will be in effect for the 2nd place finisher as well. This adjustment is made to “level the playing field” so that all drivers have the same opportunity being that FARA does not limit vehicles. FARA’s objective is to demonstrate that drivers with true talent can win regardless of starting position

Actually it looks like I did mis-read. The potential for open ended penalty for a winning car does not kick in unless they win twice in a row.

ECR
04-25-2008, 08:58 PM
A golf has won MP-3 more often than not. Results on Mylaps.Regardless of starting hadicap.An 8-valve ITB golf at that.Saddled by a 275 lb driver.So....bring yours and play.
BTW....trophies are trophies, but our trophy girls are the hottest I've ever encountered!

Rgds

m_eventos
04-25-2008, 10:13 PM
our trophy girls are the hottest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Who cares about the race?
Just come out and play, at least that's what I'm there for, if I finish first or last it really does not matter to me 'cause we are not racing for money or glory, I do it because I love it.