PDA

View Full Version : Long Beach GP.....

Z3_GoCar
04-22-2008, 12:25 AM
Last weekend I had the priveldge to be a part of the Long Beach Grand Prix, stationed at turn-1. I was drivers right response for the ALMS race on Saturday and the last Champ Car race on Sunday. I was right there when Paul Tracy lost his rear tire and slid into the run-off zone and Will Power did his victory donuts. I also got to yellow flag for the World Challenge race. Turn 1's magnet had an affinitey for back-marker Porsches, and even drew one to the inside. If you like you can read about the race here:
http://www.world-challenge.com/news/story.php?ID=891

If not Tivo it and enjoy.

James

lateapex911
04-22-2008, 01:43 PM
Jeeez, you nearly had to respond to an incident when Will was doing those donuts! It looked pretty close to a car on a cool down lap!

Sandro
04-22-2008, 05:45 PM
I remember watching from turn 1 last year, on the first lap of the World Challenenge race, that same turn 1 magnet spun one of the front runners and created a parking lot at turn 1.

Z3_GoCar
04-22-2008, 11:10 PM
Jeeez, you nearly had to respond to an incident when Will was doing those donuts! It looked pretty close to a car on a cool down lap!

Hey Jake,

Inches litterally before Will and the other guy stopped :o

I remember watching from turn 1 last year, on the first lap of the World Challenenge race, that same turn 1 magnet spun one of the front runners and created a parking lot at turn 1.

I've got orange carbon from the Sports Challet Porsche, collected as a momento of action in my corner.

James

invisible saddle
04-23-2008, 09:15 AM
James lucky you. I sat at island outside watching them head onto the back straight. How did you get into marshalling. any openings??