PDA

View Full Version : Nashville SuperSpeedway TT/ClubRace/SARRC/Night Enduro/PDX

GirlRacerXXX
04-11-2008, 11:58 PM
Hey ALL,

Be sure to come down for the Chattanooga Region Time Trials May 17-18, 2008 at the Nashville SuperSpeedway!!!

Registration is open. We need workers, racers, workers and did I say more workers!!! Any questions, direct them to David McDaniel: [email protected]. To sign up as a worker: [email protected].

Come have fun with us!! For additional information, visit the Chattanooga Region Club website: www.rivergate5speed.com/scca/timetrials/index.html

If that's not enough, come join us for the Heart of Dixie Club Race/Double SARRC, Night Enduro & PDX June 14-15, 2008 (hosted by TVRSCCA & CRSCCA) at the Nashville SuperSpeedway.

Registration is also open for racers and workers (we need both) on www.dlbracing.com. For additional contact information, view the Staffing Plan: www.rivergate5speed.com/scca/race/nashville08-staff.html

We appreciate your support! CYa at the Race Track!!!:D

neal norton
04-14-2008, 09:43 AM
If anybody has a rental available for these events, please let me know. I'll be working in Nashville and would like to join in the fun.

Thanks,

Neal Norton

pballance
04-14-2008, 01:26 PM
If you are interested in driving a miata, Tom Neel at http://www.partsgroup.com/ may have something and he is only 100 or so miles away.

I hope to use the TT as a test n tune of an upgraded suspension

neal norton
04-14-2008, 03:57 PM
Thanks for the info about Tom Neel. I also have found that OPM will be doing the June SARRC so thats a maybe.

If anyone would like to share a ride for the Time trials that would be great. I don't think any prep shops will be doing that event as far as I can tell.

Neal

wbp
04-15-2008, 09:44 AM
Neal, being from Florida, I feel sure you haven't driven Nashville Superspeedway before. So doing the May 17-18 Track Trails to learn the track would be smart. With three 15 minute practices and about 10 five lap timed runs, it should allow you to learn a lot about the track. Experienced instructors will be available for advise if you want it. The very fast, decreasing radius turn after the front Tri-oval takes a while to learn. And, as this turn is about .3 miles long, it makes a huge difference in laps times if you finally do learn to get it right.
I hope you can find a rental car for the Track Trials. It is good to hear that Tom Fowler, OPM, will be there with rental cars for the race.

Kolin Aspegren
04-15-2008, 11:41 AM
Not being a smarta$$ but is this place any fun to drive. Looking to do some shake down races on our 13 hour car. Schedule looks fantastic. Can somebody who's run there give me some insight.

thanks

k

neal norton
04-15-2008, 01:04 PM
Thanks, Bill

I agree it would be a great way to learn the track, plus a new type of event I haven't tried.

I hope to find somebody who would like to share a car and of course the costs.

Regards,

Neal

pballance
04-15-2008, 03:54 PM
Kolin,
It is an roval and it is pretty fun to drive as rovals go. I have run it in a time trial setting and then worked the races from turn 1. Some people will complain about the transition from the Nascar banking onto the flat skirt into turn one and the same thing enetering the banking after the bus stop.

I haven't noticed the transition as being tough as my line, and debatedly the fast line is to stay low on the banking. FWIW, 2 DSR guys I race with stay low and have no problem with the transition. One of them won last years Saturday race and broke a half shaft while passing an FC in the bus stop that finished his day on Sunday. Others complain quite loudly that NSS "breaks their cars" but I think that is a case of going too high on the NASCAR concrete.

Here is a link to a track diagram. http://www.rivergate5speed.com/scca/timetrials/nashville-track.html
A lot of passing takes place entering 1 and then along the "thumbprint" area between 1 and 2. The back straight is also a great passing area and on the entry/front straight.

Give it a try, I think you will enjoy it, Open garages are available and the track staff is actually a pleasure to deal with. They really make you feel at home!

Come on down, you may not realize it but Heart of Dixie has a lot of meaning to the Tennessee Valley Region (actually in North Alabama). It was the name of a multi-time award winning national TSD rally. This same group along with Chattanooga are returning as a "racing" region with this raace. The last race for TVR was around 1974 and I was actually at that one :)

You will find southern hospitality at it's finest with the host regions! Come on down, we would love to have you!

Paul

pballance
04-16-2008, 02:13 PM
Kolin, I forgot to add some video from the start of last years race.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_ZW3cpn4Vo&feature=user

Notice the Z cars at the front
:happy204:

Kolin Aspegren
04-16-2008, 04:08 PM
Thank you Paul for the write up and video, spent and hour on the phn trying to iron
out the schdule for the rest of the year. We are trying to pull this off. One question
I have is how long is the enduro 300k is my georgia math looks like about 2.5 hours
am I close.

K

JeffYoung
04-16-2008, 04:33 PM
I went to this event last year. Had a great time, and the racing is good. It's a bit too long of a tow for me to make this year, but the folks in Tenn. run a great show and the track is fun. If I were 5 hours away instead of 10, I'd be there for sure.

wbp
04-16-2008, 05:37 PM
Kolin, the 300K ECR is expect to last very close to 3 hours, with at least two 5 minute pit stops. It begins at 7:30 PM and Sunset is 8:04 PM so come prepared to drive without benefit of sunlight. The pits will be well lighted so you don't need to arrange for lights for your pit stops. Some track lighting will be provided. But the car will need headlights.
This is going to be fun!

pballance
04-22-2008, 07:44 PM
Registration is now open at DLB:
http://www.dlbracing.com/clubs/clubdrivers.aspx?EventID=3406

Already have 11 cars signed up!!! Garage rentals available for $50 fot the whole weekend!!!

Come have fun at The Heart of Dixie Night ECR!!!!! and sprints!!!!

pballance
05-12-2008, 09:55 AM
Come on out this weekend for the Time Trial. Use it as a test n' tune for the Enduro next month. Garages included with entry, if you hurry! BTW, Pit lane is being used for drag races Friday night (May 16) so the track has set aside a special area for SCCA racers under the main grandstand. Come join the fun!!

DavidM
05-29-2008, 02:27 PM
I'd be one of those people that has had a broken car both times I've been to NSS. I had a fuel line break the first time and then the mount for my fuel cell broke the second time. Both were in the trunk and I'm pretty sure it was due to the pounding coming down off the banking onto the flat. I actually think the transition from the back straight on the oval into the chicane was worse. My car is pretty stiffly sprung and I think the rear shocks were bottoming out, but NSS is the only place this has ever happened.

I don't want to sound negative as we had a great time at both events, but the track does leave something to be desired. They added some curbing in places, which was a good idea, but some of it is high enough to launch a car a couple feet in the air if you hit it wrong. The infield pieces are pretty tight and the only real passing zone is into turn 1.

The garages are great (get one if you go) and make for good socializing amongst fellow racers. I think I met more people at NSS just because the garage is one big open area. The facilities are great and the track staff does a great job. Just don't go expecting the track itself to be all that interesting.

David

Butch Kummer
05-29-2008, 03:14 PM
As with most things in life "interesting" is a relative term.

There are a lot of people on this and other forums that have literally begged us to go back to Barber (which we will do in August 2008), and while I understand their passion Barber is easily my least favorite track in SEDIV. I'm doing both of them again this year, but I'd much rather make the tow over Monteagle to Nashville than the similar tow to Birmingham. Granted Nashville can be rough on the car if you do the transitions wrong, but Road Atlanta (or any other track) can be rough on the car if you do it wrong as well (i.e. - don't "do it wrong" :D).

Besides the items David mentioned, the best thing about Nashville is you can see the whole thing from just about anywhere in the facility. The first year we put a spotter on top of the control building and he could call the entire race for me. Last year the whole TEAM watched from the same place - I guess they figured if I had a problem I could deal with it myself! :blink:

See y'all there...

tom_sprecher
05-30-2008, 11:10 AM
I liked Nashville. The facilities were great. AC in lunchroom, big garages, Lots of space. Track was kinda fun because it allowed me to feel 4 wheel drift for the first time (it was only my second race). Last night I entertained the idea of going for but I haven't seen the bill for the last two race weekends and I know it ain't gonna be pretty so I'll have to pass.

It did chew through what was left of my tires but they were 3 year old bricks to start with. There was half a grocery back full of rubber in my fenders. :blink:

wbp
06-03-2008, 07:23 PM
We would love to have some cars come down from CenDiv and GLDiv to run with us at the 300K Night Enduro at Nashville. No special lights should be required on the IT cars and the pits are lighted well so no lights needed there. Much easier than the usual night endurance race.

pballance
06-09-2008, 08:32 AM
Not too late to register for this weekend. Last time I looked there were 6 ITS cars signed up and 16 in our run group of ITS/R/A/7. Randy Shedd in the Z, Young in some British car:), Porsche's, and BMW in ITS! Looks like a good mix.

Last time I looked at the ECR list I think there were 15 cars in that group. If you want to have a good time join us this weekend.

bldn10
06-11-2008, 08:13 PM
Paul, check your email. :shrug:

JeffYoung
06-11-2008, 09:27 PM
50/50 if I make it. Car is at the exhuast shop getting custom headers and exhaust. Was supposed to be done Monday, now done tomorrow and I still have to redo the front brakes.

Will try, but like I said, 50/50.

Hope I see you guys there. Bill, you coming?

pballance
06-11-2008, 10:06 PM
Bill,
I replied to two different addresses I have for you, one through IT.com and the other is at midsouth.rr.com. I also tried to send you a pm but the board said you had pm's turned off :shrug:

The answer to your question is I expect to see you on Saturday. :happy204: Find me if there is an issue.

I am listed in the TVR Bod listings at scca.org and feel free to call me. BTW, a lot of spell check programs, including mail programs auto correct me last name to balance and that changes my email address.

pballance
06-11-2008, 10:08 PM
50/50 if I make it. Car is at the exhuast shop getting custom headers and exhaust. Was supposed to be done Monday, now done tomorrow and I still have to redo the front brakes.

Will try, but like I said, 50/50.

Hope I see you guys there. Bill, you coming?

I expect to see you Jeff! heck, its Tennessee, you don't need any stinking exhaust and you only need brakes for turn 1 :):)

BlueStreak
06-12-2008, 12:04 AM
I expect to see you Jeff! heck, its Tennessee, you don't need any stinking exhaust and you only need brakes for turn 1 :):)

He's not kidding Jeff, you really only need brakes in turn 1, it's a very brake friendly place:eclipsee_steering:

Paul - if you're not working or running the ECR, come crew for Dave, John, and myself :D

bldn10
06-12-2008, 09:00 AM
Thanks, Paul. Phil Harris (GTL) spoke w/ your Registrar and got a similar answer.

Like Jeff, I'll be there if my exhaust gets fixed.

Hey, how do I get a garage? The function on DLB seems a little screwy as to which are available. I'd like to be next to or as close to Randy Shedd as possible.

wbp
06-12-2008, 09:04 AM
Hey, Bluestreak, leave Paul alone. He already has an important job for the night enduro. He will be setting six floors up in the Tower, logging for control. From there he can see every time you miss an apex. Maybe he will put that in the log?
We're looking forward to fun at Nashville.

pballance
06-12-2008, 10:28 AM
Bil Denton, I am assuming you can get the garage on arrival. I think it is 1st come first serve but I am not certain. I may go ahead a splurge for a garage. David Plott is coming to help Randy and I hope i can get a garage space near you guys as well. Heck, lets see if we can get an ITS section and stay away from those "girlie cars" :)

Eddie, You heard what WBP said. I will also be in a "right seat" during the PDX (got to remeber the dramamine and valium for that). It can't be any worse than riding with a new Officer making his first code 3 run. Heck, I did that for years (and it still scares the crap out of me)

Hope to see you all this weekend. The weather steward may give us some little problems but it appears to be sporadic at best.

Is it time to start the tow yet?

JeffYoung
06-12-2008, 01:57 PM
Officially out...just too much to do tonight to get the car ready, adn then 20 hours of towing over teh weekend. I wish I had the energy, was looking forward to racing.

See you guys at the SIC I hope.

bldn10
06-13-2008, 08:43 AM
Looks like I just might make it.

Paul, I left a message for Betsy re a garage as close to Randy Shedd as possible.

BlueStreak
06-13-2008, 09:28 AM
Maybe he will put that in the log?
We're looking forward to fun at Nashville.

I hope the log has enough paper in it :D