PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Gen ITS Suspension

waynehussey
04-10-2008, 06:21 PM
Hello everyone

I am in the process of upgrading my suspension on my 2nd gen ITS RX7. I was looking at the Tein Flex Coilover set, however, I was not sure about the spring rate. The Tein set comes with 336# front and 280# rear. Based on prior posts, I see a few guys running 400# front and 250# rear.

Please let me know your thoughts with regards to spring rates and those familar with Tein, how do they compare to other setups for the price.

Thanks
Wayne

seckerich
04-10-2008, 07:37 PM
Save your money unless it is for a street car. 400/250 is min for an ITS car. Shocks are not up to the task either. Koni Yellow at a min for a starter system.

mazda49
04-11-2008, 08:59 AM
The Tein decal is pretty expensive and is for vanity. I see drifter after drifter buy the Tein package and their cars roll over and the only performance advantage is the confidence in having the Tein decal on their car. If Tein built anything related to real performance, I think you would see the real race teams with the package. I think it is like buying a confidence package. Listen to Steve, follow the front runners example they usally spend the money on the best!

seckerich
04-11-2008, 11:44 AM
If you go with the Koni Yellow setup buy it from Mazdaspeed or one of the Mazda specific shops. They use something a little different than what is usually listed for the car.;)

waynehussey
04-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Thanks Seckerich.