PDA

View Full Version : Flaggers needed at New Hampshire

ChrisMH
04-08-2008, 06:41 PM
I'm flagging for the drivers school and racing Sunday. Just got confirmation from Leigh McBride that this weekend is on but also that there are only 18 flaggers signed up for the weekend. If you know anyone who flags - or flag yourself - please let them know they are desparately needed this weekend.

Thanks,

Chris Milton-Hall
ITA #50 (Miata)

THawkbh
04-09-2008, 04:05 PM
Do you only need flaggers?

lateapex911
04-09-2008, 04:13 PM
If you can make the weekend I am sure they will find a spot for you. it would be a great way to learn about the ins and outs of racing, and will make getting your lic easier. Everybody has a special place in their hearts for flaggers turned racers.

THawkbh
04-10-2008, 10:29 AM
Who should I call? I'd like to give someone a heads up instead of just showing up unannounced. Also, do I need my membership/do I need to be an active SCCA memeber to work? I left it at home but I'll never forget my membership number.
I've never flagged before and I haven't raced in almost 4 years so I don't think it would be a good idea for me to flag just yet.

dickita15
04-10-2008, 12:03 PM
You are supposed to have your card but registration has the ability to check Topeka’s data base on line so do not let that keep you from coming. Also it is fine to just show up to work without calling.

Eagle7
04-10-2008, 12:09 PM
I've never flagged before and I haven't raced in almost 4 years so I don't think it would be a good idea for me to flag just yet.They'll pair you with someone who can teach you.

Marianne
04-10-2008, 12:24 PM
We F&C people are more than willing to teach you all you need to know - and we don't bite. Check in at the Checkered flag restaurant between 7:00 and 7:30 am - we hang out in the corner near the door close to the drivers restrooms. and we will set you up. Remember to bring warm clothes, ear protection is you have it and something to drink.

Ask for Mack, Leigh, Marianne or Dan. (4 musketeers).

THawkbh
04-11-2008, 09:02 PM
Unfortunately I'm going to have to miss this one. I didn't realize NHIS is 3 hours from me, and $$ is going to be a bit tight untill I graduate next month. I feel really bad about it. Sorry guys.