PDA

View Full Version : integra needs struts which to buy? and new tires?

fonzy
04-04-2008, 11:34 PM
i ran my IT2( which is ITA to you us folk) classed dc2 integra last year with very good outcome on a low budget , most of my money was spenon safety and tires, i mm trying to keep the budget tight , last year i had a new set of toyo ra1's which might have a race weekened or 2 left in them , and i also bought a set of victorracers this year , willl i see much of a diffrence between the 2?

also i need to switch up the struts , last year i ran with eibach springs and unknow oe shocks , this year im thinking either tokico or agx just due to price thoughts?:shrug:

iambhooper
04-05-2008, 09:12 AM
victoracers or the ecsta 710 dot race tires? if they are the 710's i can promise you you will see a huge difference in grip and cornering ability, which ultimately translates into better straight line speed. if it's the victoracers, i have no experience with them... a plus for kumho is it's awesome contingency.

as for struts... advice, save and buy the best parts available for your car. having a the right struts and coil overs on a fwd car is very important (yes, they are important on every car). get the combination right.

CRXsi
04-05-2008, 09:17 AM
Personally I would get either Koni Yellows or Billstiens. I run Koni Yellow's on my car with 400"/lb springs front and 600"/lb springs rear. I'm sure you remember seeing my car and maybe you remember how it handled but it handles great at Race City now....I didn't get race valved Koni's yet. I figure if they start to go I'll send them in at that time and get them revalved.

Cheers and hope to see you in Calgary this year again!

trhoppe
04-05-2008, 12:29 PM
I would also spend the extra few bucks for the Koni Yellows. You cannot even compare the AGXs to the Yellows, the Yellows are that much better.

-Tom