PDA

View Full Version : ITR / ITS run group

robits325is
03-30-2008, 07:29 AM
With the increased number of ITR cars I am concerned that we may be getting in each others way. As the ITR cars continue to increase are there any plans to move them out of ITS / ITB in the future?

dickita15
03-30-2008, 10:27 AM
I have heard of no “plans” but that being said when the class was created there was discussion on what different groups they may fit. They are actually pretty versatile. I would guess that at the end of the year if the number became a problem a reshuffle would be probable.
Think about how you would do it. Don’t add to the number of race groups and you cannot combine any of the classes that often have more than half the maximum number of cars in a race group. Those are ITS, ITA, SSM and SM.
Be careful what you wish for because the first move could be to just add ITR to Big Bore.

dj10
03-30-2008, 11:00 AM
Be careful what you wish for because the first move could be to just add ITR to Big Bore.

So how would this effect Rob? Isn't he running in ITS, if so I'm sure he would welcome this. As for me.....depending on the track I would hate this because some of the Big Bore would just get in my way.:cool: Don't your Big Bore and AS run together?

robits325is
03-30-2008, 11:49 AM
I have heard of no “plans” but that being said when the class was created there was discussion on what different groups they may fit. They are actually pretty versatile. I would guess that at the end of the year if the number became a problem a reshuffle would be probable.
Think about how you would do it. Don’t add to the number of race groups and you cannot combine any of the classes that often have more than half the maximum number of cars in a race group. Those are ITS, ITA, SSM and SM.

This grouping is still new and I haven't had any problems yet but when two classes run nearly identical lap times there is a potential for conflict. So far I haven't seen the winning ITR car beat the winning ITS car but eventually they should catch up especially with all the ex-ITS BMWs starting to show up again.

dj10
03-30-2008, 12:41 PM
This grouping is still new and I haven't had any problems yet but when two classes run nearly identical lap times there is a potential for conflict. So far I haven't seen the winning ITR car beat the winning ITS car but eventually they should catch up especially with all the ex-ITS BMWs starting to show up again.

Rob, do you have any plans to field any ITR cars in the near future?

robits325is
03-30-2008, 01:04 PM
We will have two this year. John Stewart & Robert Theile. John is a long time IT driver and Robert is a German pro driver here on business for a few years. He ran the Focus cup for a few seasons before moving to Boston about a year ago. Both will be fast.

dj10
03-30-2008, 01:14 PM
We will have two this year. John Stewart & Robert Theile. John is a long time IT driver and Robert is a German pro driver here on business for a few years. He ran the Focus cup for a few seasons before moving to Boston about a year ago. Both will be fast.

Good to hear Rob. Sounds like they will be both faster than the ITS cars. Best of luck to you this year. Maybe we can all make a WGI race.

mlytle
03-30-2008, 01:28 PM

there is the problem. ITR should be running a couple of secs faster a lap, creating a nice separation. we run ITR, ITS and ITA together in MARRS. all the ITR cars beat the ITS cars. of course, ITR is "scca spec e36" down here.

robits325is
03-30-2008, 01:59 PM
there is the problem. ITR should be running a couple of secs faster a lap, creating a nice separation. we run ITR, ITS and ITA together in MARRS. all the ITR cars beat the ITS cars. of course, ITR is "scca spec e36" down here.

up here in the northeast ITA & ITS run almost the same lap times at Lime Rock and New Hampshire. ITR is about a second slower. At Pocono & Watkins Glen there is a spread of about 1.5 seconds

mlytle
03-30-2008, 07:32 PM
interesting. we have about a 2sec spread between the fast lap for each of those three classes. just enough to keep the leader battles apart, but not enough for any of the lead cars to be lapped in a sprint race.

ed325its
03-30-2008, 08:16 PM
ITS is very fast in the Northeast with many well prepared and well driven cars. I would expect a SPEC E36 to be outside the top 7 of ITS.

mlytle
03-30-2008, 08:19 PM
wasn't refering to bmwcca SPEC E36 or nasa SE36.... i said "scca" spec e36..aka...exiled its 325's that are now fully developed itr cars....;)

ed325its
03-31-2008, 11:05 PM
Sorry I miss read that.

JeffYoung
03-31-2008, 11:15 PM
Not a single E36 was exiled. ITS E36s drivers just failed to recognize their weight was set improperly and packed up and left when a different fix (one I did not agree with) was imposed.