PDA

View Full Version : 12 Hour At The Point -> Illuma-board Rule?

RSTPerformance
03-23-2008, 02:25 AM
Does anyone know what these illuma-board is and how much it will cost???

From the 08 Supps:

IDENTIFICATION: Illumi-Boards will be mandatory on both sides of the vehicle. Purchase information will be available prior to the event. Numbers must be applied to the car prior to on track sessions.

Thanks;

Raymond

tdw6974
03-23-2008, 08:15 AM
http://www.kingratmotorsports.com/pm-16-1-elumaboard.aspx try this link

Gregg
03-23-2008, 09:01 AM
It should be noted that this was also a requirement at the VIR 13hr last year. Creating your own glow-in-the-dark number balls is not an option for the Summit 12hr.

Knestis
03-23-2008, 11:20 AM
We're remounting ours into the inside of the rear windows, so we don't have to worry about busting one from a rub.

K

eprodrx7
03-23-2008, 12:45 PM
We cut one of these in half at the 25hr in december with a nasty sideswipe. Amazingly the half where the wires attach still glowed.

MMiskoe
03-24-2008, 06:19 AM
I sent an email to DC region that bitched about having to re-number the car for their event every year. Told them that what they have provided in the past has been a pain to apply, tends to damage the lettering the car already has, doesn't stick well to the paint, never enough time between registration and the first session to get it properly applied etc. The reply was that they were going to re-write the sups to be clear about what would or would not be allowed for numbers and the requirement for 'illumiboards' would be deleted. Of course I looked recently and have not seen any updates indicating what will be required or where to get it from.

Matt

gran racing
03-24-2008, 08:27 AM
What car are you thinking about doing the 12 hour in Ray? Or do you have other plans?

RSTPerformance
03-24-2008, 11:34 PM
Dave-

Someone had e-mailed me about this, and I was wondering about it. I have personally been interested in these illumiboards for a while simply for the "wow" factor. I also happened to get an e-mail at the same time with the "new product" (glow in the dark vinyl) and I am wondering if it was something that we could get to be legalized... I was hoping it would have been a cost savings for all, but I am not sure it will be. Need to do some testing :)

Now as for the car... I am taking offers from those willing to hire me as a hidden secret... My heart is with ITB, but I see a lot of competition with those otters!!!

Raymond

JamesB
03-25-2008, 10:40 AM
There have been a few cars that consistantly have been running illumabords in their rear side windows ontop of the required numbering for the SP 12 hour. I can tell you T&S, the corners and Pit out LOVE the boards. But the question of the cost always comes up when they asked to mandate it. If glow in the dark vynil will hold for the entire race that might work. The newer night reflective stuff was ok last year, but still at pit out I had a hard time seeing numbers if I had to call in a car dropping a wheel or spinning on the exit of 10.