PDA

View Full Version : This Weekend at Road Atlanta

Butch Kummer
03-19-2008, 01:40 PM
I'll be sending out an E-Mail blast after Registration closes this evening, but due to problems with the new Turn 12 M/C pavement we will be using the Pro Paddock exclusively this weekend. This changes Grid, entry to the track, exit from the track (it will be on driver's RIGHT as you come under the Bridge at T-11) and Impound, but the track itself is unchanged.

There is actually more parking area and power hook-ups on that side, plus there is water available as well. We'll need to figure out the final configuration for Impound and Grid, but we're confident we can make it right if everyone works together.

See y'all at the track...

lateapex911
03-19-2008, 02:08 PM
Cool! I HOPE there are pavement "issues" when it's time to run the ARRCs!

dj10
03-19-2008, 02:29 PM
Cool! I HOPE there are pavement "issues" when it's time to run the ARRCs!
I hope Butch get's RA to let them use the Pro side for ARRC, last year there were almost fights breaking out in the paddock. I felt like a sardine. Not a enjoyable experience, but had a great time everywhere else on the track.

wbp
03-19-2008, 03:53 PM
Butch, I do hope after this trial use of the Pro Pits that we can use them for the ARRC. That would help push the event to another level of fun. Jammed up in the paddock isn't fun and the delays caused in getting parked due to the tight parking isn't fun. By setting the run groups with the use of two paddock areas in mind, it should work fine.
The ARRC is such a great event, it deserves paddock space enough to accomodate everyone.

Butch Kummer
03-19-2008, 04:33 PM
All,

When I proposed using both paddocks for the 2008 ARRC by GRM the major gnashing of teeth and pulling of hair revolved around "But we've never done it that way before!"

Suffice it to say, I will be taking notes about how well everything works this weekend...

lateapex911
03-19-2008, 06:15 PM
Open some minds Butch! Let's be progressive and forget our "old ways". ;)

chuck baader
03-19-2008, 07:39 PM
Butch...that must have been from Fletcher:happy204: Using both sides last weekend was excellent and worked very well. Chuck

dj10
03-19-2008, 07:40 PM
All,

When I proposed using both paddocks for the 2008 ARRC by GRM the major gnashing of teeth and pulling of hair revolved around "But we've never done it that way before!"

Suffice it to say, I will be taking notes about how well everything works this weekend...

Butch, only put the people on the Pro side that can pass the test..............which is your left........which is your right.:D

billdill
03-30-2008, 08:41 PM
Wait! Talladega Nights was NOT a documentary? Now your probably gonna tell me Dukes of Hazard wasn't "Reality TV" at its best.:shrug:

wbp
03-30-2008, 08:54 PM
I just knew someone would come down the wrong pit road at Road Atlanta with the use of the ProPits and Paddock at Road Atlanta. But I watched from the tower almost weekend and no one did. Blew me away! With the totally blind entry to both pit lanes I never expected us to all get it right. Maybe we are all smarter than we thought we were.
I think Butch about has this thing of using both Pro and SCCA Paddock for the ARRC figured out. It would bring the event to a new level.

lateapex911
03-31-2008, 03:00 PM
I think Butch about has this thing of using both Pro and SCCA Paddock for the ARRC figured out. It would bring the event to a new level.
Do it Do it Do it!!!

Come on Butch, challenge us! We can handle it!

Butch Kummer
03-31-2008, 04:56 PM
It all depends on whether or not the track has already rented out the Pro Paddock that weekend.