PDA

View Full Version : Update on Hawk Brake Pads

Rabbit07
03-14-2008, 07:17 AM
Good News!!
I just got word from Hawk that my order is in the process for your Neon pads HB177G.630 in the DTC-60 compound. They should be ready to ship in about three weeks. We tried to get a harder steel backing plate but it would have raised the price dramatically and extended the production time dramatically. The backing plate has NRS, which is a mechanical bonding process where the steel has little teeth gouged into it like Velcro to hold the friction material in place. The bond is actually stronger than the friction material. The DTC-60 has a much higher level of friction so the pedal pressure should be less, which should reduce (not eliminate) the tendency for bending the backing plate. The NRS will do a better job at keeping the friction material on the backing plate even if bent. You guys are going to love these pads. Sorry for the confusion earlier about the blue compound. Blue is still available and is still in production. Now that you will have pads that work better you are going to be going faster, braking harder and braking later. This is a viscous cycle. Your rotor and caliper temps will go up. More friction equals more heat. Laws of physics can’t be broken. With this in mind you will have to be more careful about keeping good 600 degree race brake fluid fresh in the calipers, which means bleeding more often. You should also add an additional cooling duct or be sure all your ducks are in a row J Your rotors should not wear thin but will have more tendency to crack from the intense heat cycles. Don’t let any of this scare you it is just simple brake maintenance that I teach students in my brake tech classes. Don’t forget to bed them in as described on the instruction in the box. This is very important. Also the transfer layer form any other compound should be sanded off prior to using a new compound.
Enough said. To order send me an email with the following information. This first production should cover everyone but orders will be place first come first served. Price $156.75 This is actually better than I expected. I anticipated $20-$30 over the HT-10 compound however it is about $14 more than my price was for the HT-10. The value is a lot more than $14 because they are going to last longer.
Subject heading: Neon pads
Name
Mailing address
Shipping Address (if different)
Best phone number and a good time to call: I will call you for a credit card number.

Thank you very much for your help with this process. You guys are a very cool, tight community.
Jay Andrew
Andrew Racing
11321 Friendsville Rd., Creston, Ohio 44217
[email protected]
www.Andrew-Racing.com
330/435/4848 phone
330/435/4484 fax
330/962/1168 cell
http://www.improvedtouring.com/forums/cid:[email protected]