PDA

View Full Version : Automatic logoff

RacerBill
03-12-2008, 08:13 AM
Anyone else have an issue with the forum logging you off automatically, even when you are reading posts? :shrug:

240zdave
03-12-2008, 08:18 AM
Yep, it's happened a few times.

lateapex911
03-12-2008, 08:56 AM
Mine is active for days. I run Firefox, and leave the computer on for days, logged in , using multiple tabs. Weather radar on one tab, IT.com on another, etc. No problems ever.

spnkzss
03-12-2008, 09:03 AM
Mine is active for days. I run Firefox, and leave the computer on for days, logged in , using multiple tabs. Weather radar on one tab, IT.com on another, etc. No problems ever.

I do the same thing. I have 4 tabs open 24/7 and have had no issues.

RacerBill
03-12-2008, 10:25 AM
Just happened again. I did not close my browser (much less anything else), and I had to logon to the IT Forum again in order to post this reply. I don't think it has anything to do with the computer, OS, or browser, but within the Forum.

Greg Amy
03-12-2008, 10:44 AM
NEVER had a problem. IE or Firefox.

Added a poll. If you have had a problem, please reply with your:

- PC type
- O/S details
- Browser details
- Internet access details

gsbaker
03-12-2008, 11:18 AM
+1 (and extra characters)

dave parker
03-12-2008, 12:25 PM
Bill
You are not alone, I too have had the same problem.
It happened when I made my first reply to this post.
I figure that it was the moderator(s) /webmaster keeping me from long winded, rambling posts about stuff that I think is important but means nothing to the rest of the group. :D

Greg,
Since I am not the most computer savvy person you may want to PM me with specific questions.
I use Internet Explorer.

cheers
Dave Paker
WDCR HP#97
2007 MARRS HP Champion

lateapex911
03-12-2008, 01:13 PM
Bill
You are not alone, I too have had the same problem.
...................................I use Internet Explorer.

cheers
Dave Paker
WDCR HP#97
2007 MARRS HP Champion

Say no more.....

J/K

JamesB
03-12-2008, 01:17 PM
IE has issues, it depends on your cookie settings. Sometimes its best to just delete all of your cookies and start over. I have had that issue before.

RacerBill
03-12-2008, 04:31 PM
OK, deleted cookies, temp files, & history. We'll see what happens.

BTW -

IBM T60
Windows XP Office
browser - IE 7
internet connection - local 100Mb ethernet, Enterprise connected

RacerBill
03-12-2008, 04:36 PM
OK, when I tried to take the poll, I was prompted to sign back on, and when I did, I got a message that I could not logon because I was not logged on! Youse guys are pullin my leg!!!!! :-)

Sometimes I really hate technology (that's why I race a 25 year old car!!!!), and I have a degree in Computer Technology and been in the industry 40 years!

pballance
03-12-2008, 04:56 PM
+1 on the occasional problem. I think it is related to the VB stuff and the check box in the user info area. Only see it ocassionally and appears unrelated to cookies and cache files. I have seen it on other boards as well.

Just a quirk i guess :shrug:

Opps, forgot the other info

Sony Vaio
XP pro
IE7
cable modem at home t-1 at work via corporate network

FWIW I have also seen the issue using satellite internet 768/256, Edge access @ 224 kbps, and 3G 1.5/512 all on the same cpu

Chris Wire
03-12-2008, 07:12 PM
NEVER had a problem. IE or Firefox.

Added a poll. If you have had a problem, please reply with your:

- PC type
- O/S details
- Browser details
- Internet access details

Count me as a victim. I started a thread here a while back.

www.improvedtouring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23588 (http://www.improvedtouring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23588)

- Dell Dimension desktop
- Windows XP home
- IE7 automatically updated with McAfee security software
- Broadband through cable modem

JamesB
03-12-2008, 08:11 PM
VB is cranky. I always change the default cookie name too. Too many VB sites use the same cookie and if your username and password are different on each site that happens to me all the time. Which is why I try my best to get jamesb for all the vb sites I hit. funny enough it works.

Greg Amy
03-12-2008, 09:15 PM
Anyone with Firefox with the prob? - GA

Z3_GoCar
03-13-2008, 02:08 AM
OK, when I tried to take the poll, I was prompted to sign back on, and when I did, I got a message that I could not logon because I was not logged on! Youse guys are pullin my leg!!!!! :-)

Sometimes I really hate technology (that's why I race a 25 year old car!!!!), and I have a degree in Computer Technology and been in the industry 40 years!

Hey Bill it's probably Carma for knowing COBOL and running FORTRAN punch card stacks:D

No auto-log offs here or at work.

James

RacerBill
03-13-2008, 07:58 AM
You'll get my IBM System 360 Reference Data card when you pry it off my cold, dead keyboard!!!!!!!

Anybody remember the IBM Model 1 keypunch machine?

Back on thread, I cleaned temps, cookies and history this morning before getting onto the forum. We'll see how this works.

pballance
03-13-2008, 08:42 AM
You'll get my IBM System 360 Reference Data card when you pry it off my cold, dead keyboard!!!!!!!

Anybody remember the IBM Model 1 keypunch machine?

All I have to say about that is

@FOR IS MAIN,MAIN

:)

RacerBill
03-13-2008, 02:03 PM
http://catpad.net/michael/APLLife.gif

(Convey's Game of Life)

Take that!

Back on track. I am not sure which one did it, but I cleared out temps, cookies, and history and I am not having any issues having to log back on. One other thing that I did was check 'remember me'.

Hope this does it, and helps others.

gsbaker
03-13-2008, 04:13 PM
Anyone with Firefox with the prob? - GA
That would surprise me.

OT question: Who here is using OpenOffice & Thunderbird mail client in lieu of MS Office?

pgipson
03-14-2008, 01:50 AM
I'm running FireFox and have had no issues with this forum.

webmaster
03-19-2008, 11:11 AM
>> One other thing that I did was check 'remember me'.

That was all it was.

FAQ (http://www.improvedtouring.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_vb_board_usage)