PDA

View Full Version : Double Pro-IT March 21st at Road Atlanta

trhoppe
03-11-2008, 04:42 PM
Anyone from here going? Only 25 signed up so far, with 5 in ITA. Sort of a low turnount :(

-Tom

dj10
03-24-2008, 04:42 PM
Hey guys, what happened @ RA this weekend? The weather looked like it would be good. Other than spec pinata why didn't anyone show? PRO IT losing it'a appeal?

Simon T.
03-24-2008, 05:09 PM
Maybe because it was Easter? Not sure. I was just sad the PDX was cancelled :(

88YB1
03-24-2008, 05:31 PM
It was indeed a fantastic weekend for racing. The ProIt fielded forty five cars. Though most were Meotters, it was still the cleanest regional event I have attended. Only a couple on track incidents. Can't say the same for those national guys. To top it off Mother nature gave us an almost perfect weekend.
May guess is that the economy was the largest factor in the reduced attendance. I live 2 hours from the track, and my towing fuel (diesel) bill for the weekend was over $120.00. That was for the tow to the track, two round trips to and from the track, and the tow home Sunday. In addition to that I spent another $130.00 for Race (medium grade) pump gas for the race car. That included four practice sessions, two qualifying sessions, and two 20 lap races. There is no question but that racing has gotten more expensive.

Chuck

dj10
03-24-2008, 06:05 PM
It was indeed a fantastic weekend for racing. The ProIt fielded forty five cars. Though most were Meotters, it was still the cleanest regional event I have attended. Only a couple on track incidents. Can't say the same for those national guys. To top it off Mother nature gave us an almost perfect weekend.
May guess is that the economy was the largest factor in the reduced attendance. I live 2 hours from the track, and my towing fuel (diesel) bill for the weekend was over $120.00. That was for the tow to the track, two round trips to and from the track, and the tow home Sunday. In addition to that I spent another $130.00 for Race (medium grade) pump gas for the race car. That included four practice sessions, two qualifying sessions, and two 20 lap races. There is no question but that racing has gotten more expensive.

Chuck

How are they water levels down there? When I was down there for ARRC every lake we saw the level was down...... a lot! I hope that some of the rains you've been getting has helped.

tom_sprecher
03-24-2008, 06:13 PM
plus business has been off for the past two quarters and money has been a bit tight. I figured test day and the race would be $500. It was too cold at night to stay at the track so driving back and forth everyday would eat up $120 worth of diesel. Add on food, drinks and gas for the car and it was too much. Then there was the annual crawfish boil Saturday evening that there was no way in hell I was going to miss and family in town on Friday and, well, you get the picture.

It sucks that there are too many races than I have a budget to attend. :(

trhoppe
03-24-2008, 10:54 PM
Gah! I ended up getting screwed by a clerical error with my license renewal and they wouldn't let me race :(

Just did the test day and packed up.....

-Tom

Simon T.
03-25-2008, 09:28 AM
I spent the night, it was cold, but I also spent the night at ARRC now THAT was cold ;)

lateapex911
03-25-2008, 04:23 PM
Dave Gran spent the night there at the ARRCs once. In the middle of the night he woke up his wife and asked her if it was frost on the inside of their tent...she was NOT amused...;)

(But it was frost!)