PDA

View Full Version : SEDiv "front loaded" Schedule

JeffYoung
03-10-2008, 10:12 AM
I was talking with a couple of guys at VIR this weekend about our SARRC race schedule in the NC/SC and GA regions. It's totally front loaded. We have the Feb. SARRC at RA (cancelled), the March CMP and VIR events, the April Roebling, and then the May CMP and VIR double SARRCs. And then, basically no racing in the Carolinas until the SIC leaving June, July, August and most of September open.

Anyone support moving a race or two to June (to replace Lowe's) or July? I know its hot, but the grind of racing every three weeks in March/April/May is tough on car and wallet.....

wbp
03-10-2008, 10:16 AM
The Lowes race in mid-June was replaced with the Double SARRC/Night 300K ECR at Nashville Superspeedway for 2008 only. Come on over to this side of the mountains for a race weekend.

JeffYoung
03-10-2008, 10:28 AM
Bill, I made that tow last year - with a long detour outside of Knoxville due to some theivery..... and enjoyed it. However, it's a long way for us NC/SC guys. Nearly 10 hours. I will probably have to pass since it is only a few weeks after CMP on Labor Day. I hope it is succesful though, I nejoyed running Nashville.

pballance
03-10-2008, 11:28 AM
Aw shoot, I was hoping you would come and run under the lights. Everbody knows that V-8's do better under the lights, especially on Ovals :D

I will be towing to CMP at the end of the month. Looks like 8-9 hours of tow for me.

Ron Earp
03-10-2008, 11:36 AM
I'd definitely like to see some "spreading out" of the SE schedule. My wife emailed me about 2 weeks ago asking me when I had free weekends this spring to do some family trips. The reply I got back from her after sending her the schedule was "I hate racing".

Folks, the race schedule in this neck of the woods is far too front loaded. I can't imagine that we couldn't get CMP, Roebling, Lowes, or VIR (that one might be tough) dates later in the year.

I'll be writing my RE about it.

Ron

Butch Kummer
03-10-2008, 12:33 PM
I'm fully aware that Road Atlanta in not in the Carolinas, but we DO have a SARRC/ECR/Pro-IT/PDX the July 18-20 weekend.

tom_sprecher
03-10-2008, 12:42 PM
The difficulty in changing the schedule is finding available weekends at any given track. We race the weekends as scheduled because what remains is taken by other organizations that generally have more $$$. Case in point: Labor Day Weekend races hosted by the Atlanta Region went to Suzuki Superbike because they bring in tens of thousands of spectators all paying at least $60 to get in.

In addition, SARRC rules dictate that no two races will be held on the same or consecutive weekends on tracks within 450 miles of each other. This is done to insure a hosting region is less likely to suffer a loss and to provide drivers with more choices.

However, if you can come up with a workable plan I, and a few others, am all ears.

:shrug:

iambhooper
03-11-2008, 06:30 AM
Ron... "I did not have relations... err.... I feel you're pain" about the schedule. That's why I try to spread my 4 or 5 weekends out.

VIR's schedule will not change. If a group were to pull out, one that would be willing to rent the VIR workers as well as the track would be a quick backfill before they would come to us.

Rockingham might be coming back online this summer. This would give us a date in late June. CCPS is talking up a possible double at CMP in August (would that be hot?).

Spencer might be online by late fall, definatly next year. So we will have 4 tracks within a 2 hour pull, 7 within 6 hours!

Maybe we can get Orange County Speedway to let us come play there one day? There are rules about Ovals in the GCR!

hoop

JeffYoung
03-11-2008, 10:17 AM
Guys, good points all, and I agree, I have no solution to it other than to suggest the SCR CMP event get moved back to August. But boy it was hot then..lol.....

So, no solutions from me, just complainin'. But if there was some way to ease this "race every three weeks for SARRC points" we get here in NCR/SCR/GA in March/April/May it would be appreciated.