PDA

View Full Version : NER - NERRC Schedule Posted

Andy Bettencourt
03-10-2008, 07:07 AM
http://www.ner.org/schedule.htm#club

gran racing
03-10-2008, 08:21 AM
It looks so strange just seeing NHIS on the schedule. Come on Palmer!!!

Magical Trevor
03-10-2008, 10:06 AM
..NAPCC? Whuzzat?

disquek
03-10-2008, 10:37 AM
North-Atlantic Production Car Challenge

http://www.improvedtouring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23115

-Kyle

ronin12
03-10-2008, 04:37 PM
It looks so strange just seeing NHIS on the schedule. Come on Palmer!!!
any word on the progress of Palmer?

lateapex911
03-10-2008, 05:53 PM
This is second hand and unofficial, but I understand that the paperwork phase, reports and engineering studies are nearly wrapped up, and that the final items are being given to the state. Also, I have heard that progress has been very good in the fundraising aspect.

I wish I had a spare couple hun grand laying around so I could help. Oh well....

IT looks pretty good I guess...

I don't know what the construction timeline is, but I'm hoping 09. That might be optimistic...10 is probably realistic. It can't come soon enough!

If NER pulls this off, they will have done an incredible thing...I think only one other region in the country has been able to build their own track, and I'd say that SFR had a much easier time finding the plot of land that was appropriate, in a town that was appropriate.

Jeremy Billiel
03-10-2008, 06:44 PM
Palmer is progressing, but like a fine wine it takes a long time before you get to taste success. 2009 is not going to be a reality, but 2010 certainly is. Jake is right that we have some paperwork to finish, but that is just about done.

JoshS
03-10-2008, 07:04 PM
If NER pulls this off, they will have done an incredible thing...I think only one other region in the country has been able to build their own track, and I'd say that SFR had a much easier time finding the plot of land that was appropriate, in a town that was appropriate.
Actually, both San Francisco and CalClub (Los Angeles) Regions have their own fully-owned tracks (Thunderhill and Buttonwillow, respectively.)

But I agree, they will have pulled off a great thing, especially if it works out to be profitable every year like Thunderhill has been.

I also think that Palmer, MA is a better place for a track than Willows, CA. Willows is on the outskirts of nowhere. Palmer is much closer to New England's metro areas than Willows is to San Francisco.

lateapex911
03-11-2008, 01:58 PM
Sorry Josh, I completely whiffed on Buttonwillow.

Your point about the proximity is a good one, but it is also the reason this has taken about a decade of searching to get done. There just aren't any areas in New england that have the kind of remoteness that is needed to get enough towns people to say, "I don't care, we need the tax dollars", LOL.

Magical Trevor
03-11-2008, 04:42 PM
North-Atlantic Production Car Challenge

http://www.improvedtouring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23115

-Kyle
Oh yeah...