PDA

View Full Version : Rabbit Weights Corner Balance

m_eventos
03-05-2008, 12:32 AM
I'm going to put my rabbit on scales and I wanted to know if anybody knew what percentage of front to rear, left to right and crossweights I should start out with, I'm looking for a basic setup. the car is an '83 GTI with an aba motor.

Greg Amy
03-05-2008, 08:03 AM
You have no control over left-right or front-rear weight; that's purely a function of where weight physically exists in the car. Until/unless you're willing to tackle (legally) moving weight around in the car, just simply use it for reference.

Cross-weights, however, are fully configurable by you. Since (apparently) you do not have access to scales all the time, and I'm assuming you do not (yet) possess the knowledge of how cross-weights affect the car, your goal should be to try and get the cross-weights to as close to 505/50% with the driver in the car fully geared up (or sufficient weight to represent it), and with fuel comparable to what you're racing with.
- GA

JLawton
03-05-2008, 08:30 AM
I'm going to put my rabbit on scales and I wanted to know if anybody knew what percentage of front to rear, left to right and crossweights I should start out with, I'm looking for a basic setup. the car is an '83 GTI with an aba motor.

E-mail me at jlawton at echn dot org

I think I still have my set up notes from when I ran a GTi.

racer_tim
03-06-2008, 01:28 AM
Your cross weights should be within 5% of each other. So, if you add the left front and the right rear together, they should be close to the total of the right front and left rear.

I remember the fronts of the GTI being around 600 lbs and the rears to be around 300 lbs. That total gives you 1,800 lbs, so I'm off a bit, but ............

Just make sure you SIT in the car when they are doing the corner weighting. Also, make sure that the cell / fuel tank is where you want it to be at the end of the race, hopefully, a little over minimum weight, so you don't get caught being under-weight.