PDA

View Full Version : Need New Belts?

jay05
03-04-2008, 05:36 PM
Need new belts this year. I'm looking at Crow and Impact right now. Impact has a trade-in program to get a 5 point set with the trade-in of the "other brand" for $63. Also, no reweb, just trade-in for the same price when they expire. Wondering if anyone has experience with either brand or recommendations on what belts are preferred. Thanks

Speed Raycer
03-04-2008, 06:35 PM
We've used Impact for the last couple of years. Not a bad deal, but don't wait til the last minute for the rewebs. Last year, mine were sent in just in time for a hardware backorder, then they sent me the wrong set back, etc etc. I ended up having to borrow a set from a customer to make the first event.

Also, I don't really like how hard they are to adjust. We have to fight to loosen them off for driver changes.

If I had it to do over again (and I will in another year grrrrrrr), I'll be going w/ FIA belts.

AjG
03-04-2008, 11:37 PM
Crow belts came with my car and I'll be sending them in for a reweb this year.($45 +ship to reweb)They have a nice soild cam-lock with a good feel. Probably better belts out there but Crow are good/cheap.

DaveITB1
03-05-2008, 12:51 AM
We've used Impact for the last couple of years. Also, I don't really like how hard they are to adjust. We have to fight to loosen them off for driver changes.

We run Impact belts as well - Remove the spring clip in the strap adjusters on your chest, and the slider will move much easier for driver changes.

x-ring
03-05-2008, 10:06 AM
I look at a lot of belts every year doing annual inspections. In camlock style I like Crow and UltraShield. G-Force FIA is hard to beat for the price, but I'm unimpressed with their stitching.

I'm pretty sure both Crow and UltraShield will re-web for around $50.