PDA

View Full Version : March Memories at VIR

iambhooper
02-28-2008, 09:34 PM
I didn't see a thread, so I thought I would start one....

Move over, we'll be there, representing ITC in the CCPS and ECR races. :eclipsee_steering:

hoop

Aged racer
02-28-2008, 09:47 PM
I was beginning to wonder if anyone was going. Running the SARRC in the SM, but my usual SSC ride for the ECR can't make the show. Sitting on the fence about the CCPS- at least it's not the last group on Sunday.

Steve

JeffYoung
02-28-2008, 09:56 PM
TR8 in SARRC, MAYBE CCPS.

260z in SARRC, MAYBE CCPS or ECR.

JimW337
02-29-2008, 08:19 AM
http://www.fingroup.com/NcReg/registrationEntry.htm

Entry list is now avaialable.

JimW

Knestis
02-29-2008, 12:01 PM
Anyone want to buy half a ride in an enduro? I'm revisiting the question - late rather than early - about what to run.

K

JeffYoung
02-29-2008, 12:28 PM
Price for Sunday Kirk?

Knestis
02-29-2008, 02:19 PM
I'll shoot you some numbers this evening, Jeff. Thanks for asking!

K

JeffYoung
02-29-2008, 02:25 PM
Sounds good.

E-mail is best: [email protected]

civicracer13
02-29-2008, 04:22 PM
Add another Honda for ITC for the ECR.

Price for the ECR dropped $30 and should now be $230 for 1:50 of track time if you haven't seen that already!

ECR is split into 2 races, Saturday is everyone but SM and SRF - They run Sunday!

Where is the rest of the ITC and ITB cars?!? - See you there!

Ron Earp
02-29-2008, 04:34 PM
Add another Honda for ITC for the ECR.

ECR is split into 2 races, Saturday is everyone but SM and SRF - They run Sunday!

No kidding???!! Excellent, I'm there then. A bit spooked after accidentally hitting a SRF in the Cup a couple of weekends ago. Don't like racing with those little things.

Knestis
02-29-2008, 06:25 PM
Hey, Jeff - you've got email. :)
K

iambhooper
02-29-2008, 10:19 PM
No kidding???!! Excellent, I'm there then. A bit spooked after accidentally hitting a SRF in the Cup a couple of weekends ago. Don't like racing with those little things.

I didn't see it, but I can imagine! They don't bother us too much... not as good as that Z for a tow, but not bad either.

Marlboro Mafia
03-02-2008, 09:59 PM
They're like fiberglass pinatas.

Ron Earp
03-02-2008, 10:44 PM
They're like fiberglass pinatas.

Exactly! I hit that thing and not to make light of it but the rear flew off like 10 ft in the air and I thought "oh shit I killed it!". Fortunately it did hardly any damage to the SRF and the Z got the worst of that end.

srollman
03-03-2008, 08:07 AM
I'm interested in purchasing a ride (ECR or otherwise). Just fired up the car and it's leaking coolant into the rotor housings. Not likely to get fixed by this weekend and I need one race to keep my license current. Let me know if anyone has a spot.

Thanks,
Sean

919 609 0883
[email protected]

seckerich
03-03-2008, 09:03 AM
Check the thread on spec miata rental.

Knestis
03-03-2008, 09:32 AM
Turns out we were confused about the whole ECR A vs. B thing so I do have a seat on the Golf - $550 for half the ECR, special deal. I'm traveling so call my cell - 336-509-1264 - to talk about it.

K

Cobrar05
03-03-2008, 11:17 PM
Somebody be sure to stop by the #93 paddock and say hello to Edwin McCain. Nice guy. Met him at Double School at Roebling last season.

I have an enduro at Road Atlanta the next weekend or I would have been at VIR.

JeffYoung
03-03-2008, 11:22 PM
Sean! How ya doing man? If Kirk's car is for rent, it's a good one. You could also try [email protected] for a spec miata. All good cars.

Stop by and see us if you make it up. How's the Merc coming?

iambhooper
03-09-2008, 07:10 PM
Damp, Windy and cold... but other than a couple of surface condition related spins... a lot of fun!

2nd in the wetness on saturday's ECR and 1st in the CCPS on Sunday!

YEEHAAAAA!!!!!!!

Marlboro Mafia
03-09-2008, 07:31 PM
Congratulations!

JeffYoung
03-09-2008, 09:57 PM
Hoop - good to see you and great run!

Ron, you kicked butt in the SARRC man. 4th in taht field is a nice job.

How about those way cool trophies with the car's picture on them? Way to go NCR, that is a nice touch.

Marlboro Mafia
03-09-2008, 10:36 PM
Who tangled with the yellow #24 SRF in the CCPS at VIR? (trying to use as many acronyms as possible)

iambhooper
03-10-2008, 07:43 AM
Was there an incident with a SWF in the CCCPS? I new Knoche's grip went away late, and he spun at 6 (red 06 SWF).

Jeff, Ron, great to see you guys! I didn't get to see the finish, but it looked like you both ran well in the SARRC.

Trophys... you, know after years of getting something that really didn't say anything other than 1st or 2nd or 3rd, then switching up to actuall trophy's last year... these new ones are the best! I love having a photo on the car with the event, class and position. It will mean a lot in 5, 10 or 20 years to look back and put an image to an event!

hoop

JimW337
03-10-2008, 07:53 AM
Did anyone else find in bothersome to have that Honda at the bootom of the hill the entire CCPS race? Anyone know why they didn't retrieve it? Seemed to me it was in kind of a bad area if you were to have an off.

JimW

JeffYoung
03-10-2008, 07:55 AM
Yup, 3rd and 4th in the SARRC and I was on 2nd's bumper at the end. Good racing.

Good to see you run as good as you did. And I agree, those trophies are the BOMB. Glad I got one....lol.....

Mike Spencer
03-10-2008, 11:54 AM
Mostly a great weekend! Turn-out seemed a little low, but there were plenty of cars on track.

I know this is not a long-term change, but I really enjoyed having separate ECRs. Mostly because it's so hard to see the "stealth"-racer-fords! :shrug:

Picked up a 2nd in the Saturday ECR. Qualifying was the heaviest rain I have ever raced in, but the race proved to be quite the challenge. Started dry, with clouds on the horizon. It started sprinkling about 30 minutes in and went back-and-forth after that. The track never completely went away (imo) and never really completely dried out. Lots of spins and "almost spins", but no bad wrecks that I am aware of. Kudos to all the drivers who were obviously still "on the edge" but able to keep reeling it back in! :happy204:

I DNFed in the SARRC race. A bad valve stem (the nut under the valve cap wasn't tight) caused my left-front tire to go down over the first few laps. What started as a mild push ended up in my inability to turn right. Car and driver were able to return home in one piece, so I really can't complain.

Finally, a big "thumbs-up" to NC Region for the great awards!

Looking forward to the next time.

Hotshoe
03-10-2008, 11:59 AM
I agree, those trophies are the BOMB. Glad I got one....lol.....

Ditto on that one Jeff............. Best Trophy I have.

Thanks ....goes out to the NC Region for putting on a great event

NC Region Driver of the Year 2007
Rickey Thompson

Team SSR
03-10-2008, 12:58 PM
Double ditto on the trophies. Very nice.
Heck, I just like getting those little checkered flags to carry around :)

iambhooper
03-10-2008, 01:11 PM
Double ditto on the trophies. Very nice.
Heck, I just like getting those little checkered flags to carry around :)

Yes, my first Checkered Flag! Hopefully, there's more of those in the future!

seckerich
03-10-2008, 01:32 PM
So how about some results from the IT SARRC races?? Who did what?

JeffYoung
03-10-2008, 01:40 PM
ITS was:

Thompson - Plucker - Young - Earp - Stauffer - Miller - Rollman -- Weddington -- Van Steenburg (qual on pole but broke)

Thompson at 1:44 (track record maybe), Plucker and Young at 1:45.

A, don't know, not many A cars.

IT7 was:

Stitt -- Deffenbaugh -- Gueldner

seckerich
03-10-2008, 02:11 PM
We went 1:43.347 and I think the record is in the 43's. Sounds like a good race with cool track temps. David S set the record in a Z car coming from back in the pack.

JeffYoung
03-10-2008, 02:24 PM
Really? Not to quibble but the results from 06 had you and Kent in the race both at 1:45.1 and Spillman at 1:44 flat. Kent went 1:44 something this time, Van S., me and Plucker in the 45's.

Track was rain washed and SLICK. Temps were good for power but no grip.

Hotshoe
03-10-2008, 02:50 PM
Temps were good for power but no grip.

Jeff,

.... I was having a blast out front but, as you said: NO GRIP. About ten laps in I thought it would be fun to put on a smoke show for the spectators on the other side of the bridge. So going up the hill I overdrove the corner and lit the hides up, looked in the mirror I couldn't see didley....lol

.... Got me a Standing "O" on the cool down lap

.....:cool:Driftin:cool:

seckerich
03-10-2008, 02:53 PM
http://www.ncrscca.com/Pdf/2004%20Results/GoblinsGo/G1GRID.pdf Race was 1:44. Spent that whole race playing "dodge the lappers" which is why I no longer run the short course.

JeffYoung
03-10-2008, 03:19 PM
Forgot that we (well, I didn't) ran there in 04.

1:43 is a nice lap, that's what Ricky was turning yesterday.

Grouping this time was better, but agree with you the North Course is so so. We had R/S/A/7/B/C, with only a couple of C cars and with B cars that ran 48-50. Ran up on some traffic near the end of the race, but not too bad. Still, I'd rather run Rockingham than the North Course I believe.

Team SSR
03-10-2008, 10:17 PM
We had another driver in our car for the SARRC and 1/2 the ECR, but Anthony ran a 1:46.1 on used up Hoosiers in the CCPS race. We had qualified for the CCPS on new R888's at 1:48.4 which makes me wonder how much faster the Toyos will get when they wear down below their current 6/32"...

JeffYoung
03-10-2008, 10:40 PM
You were hauling it.

I was completely shocked that I could spin both rear wheels at the right hander near the top of the hill.....yowza...first time it happened thought for sure I was going around, and I didn't get an ovation of ANY kind....lol....

Jeff,

.... I was having a blast out front but, as you said: NO GRIP. About ten laps in I thought it would be fun to put on a smoke show for the spectators on the other side of the bridge. So going up the hill I overdrove the corner and lit the hides up, looked in the mirror I couldn't see didley....lol

.... Got me a Standing "O" on the cool down lap

.....:cool:Driftin:cool:

Marlboro Mafia
03-11-2008, 05:42 PM
Are the results on Mylaps yet?

Knestis
03-11-2008, 06:35 PM
Nope. Nope.

K

PS - board system wouldn't let me type just Nope. Too short.

iambhooper
03-11-2008, 06:52 PM
strangely, i'm in no hurry to see my times from saturday :D

K... those W's were dang quick... what was their deal? I saw the leader hit the puddle drivers left at the exit of 17 in the AM on Saturday and it didn't even bother him!

hoop

Aged racer
03-11-2008, 08:48 PM
Would be great to have the weekend uploaded to MyLaps. Any idea if the region is going to do that?

Can't wait to see my 5:01 lap where I fell off the wet track into the mudhole Sat AM....

iambhooper
03-13-2008, 07:02 PM
mylaps is up

Gary Gentry
03-13-2008, 10:36 PM
Did anyone else find in bothersome to have that Honda at the bootom of the hill the entire CCPS race? Anyone know why they didn't retrieve it? Seemed to me it was in kind of a bad area if you were to have an off.

JimW

I defineitely found that car parked off on the side of the track "bothersome"......annoying even. It was in a potentially bad place and it should have been retrieved.

Gary Gentry
03-13-2008, 10:46 PM
Hoop - good to see you and great run!

Ron, you kicked butt in the SARRC man. 4th in taht field is a nice job.

How about those way cool trophies with the car's picture on them? Way to go NCR, that is a nice touch.

I want to echo the sentiment regarding the fine trophies that were handed out at VIR by the NC Region. Since it was my first ever automobile racing trophy, and with a checkered flag to go with it in the CCPS :D, I could not have been more pleased. Kudos to those in the club that made those trophies happen.

Also, congratulations to all those that did well in the multi-climate ECR:happy204:!

JeffYoung
03-17-2008, 10:29 PM
Here's some vid from inside Ron's 260Z during the SARRC race. In fact, it is the WHOLE race.

Part one:
YouTube - March Memories VIR 2008 SAARC Earp Z Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WupIOJyd9O0)

Part two:
YouTube - March Memories VIR 2008 SAARC Earp Z Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiTZ1DLWBfk)

Part three:
YouTube - March Memories VIR 2008 SAARC Earp Z Part 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncfkVNGGBNg)

iambhooper
03-18-2008, 06:43 AM
Nice video. The first link came up bad. I will echo my earlier coment... those ITB Golf's were quick the WHOLE weekend, including in the rain!

hoop

Gary Gentry
03-18-2008, 10:29 PM
Nice vid, Ron.....

Ron Earp
03-19-2008, 07:27 AM
Thanks fellows! About mid way through the race or so my power dropped off a bit, or I shouldn't say power, but usability of power/motor. Carb got cranky and engine would cough on power on pretty bad, then rev matching got extremely hard to do. Problem got worse and those folks I passed were coming back up on me.....

The front running ITS group did a good job, congrats to those top three fellows, nice work!