PDA

View Full Version : Connecticut/ Mass/ NY drivers: Annual Tech Inspection 4/5/2008

JaxonMotorsports44
02-27-2008, 02:22 PM
Hey Guys,

I wanted to let you all know that I have been working with Dick Patullo to set up an annual inspection prior to the first race at NHIS 4/13/2008. As a result, Dick has graciously agreed to come to On-Track Karting in Wallingford Connecticut on Saturday April 5th, 2008 to inspect cars for us drivers in CT/ MA/ NY that are willing and able to come.

The TECH inspection will begin at 10am, and will run for as long as we have cars available to TECH. Dick is doing this as a favor and we are not expecting to run to any particular time, so if you are interested in coming to the TECH on the 5th, please plan to come early. I do not expect Dick to hang around for additional cars to arrive as would be typical of a region scheduled inspection.

I am requesting that anyone interested please register with me at my email address on the North-Atlantic Production Car Challenge website. My email is [email protected] so I can give Dick an idea of the number of cars that are planning to show up. Additional details can be found on the "Latest News" section of www.production-car.com (http://www.production-car.com) and you can feel free to contact me directly by phone or through the IT board. So far we are looking at 6-8 cars that have "pre-registered" to participate.

A few drivers have offered to bring coffee and Beer (Dick's honorarium) as well as some items to grill. Chris at On-Track said he would provide a grill for us to cook burgers and dogs if there is an interest.

Let me know if you are interested and I will add you to the list.

Thanks
Jay R. Creel

Greg Amy
02-27-2008, 03:20 PM
I can be there to do tech inspections as well, and I will be bringing possibly 7 cars for tech inspection (I was planning a private local tech session anyway, so this works out well...) - Greg

JaxonMotorsports44
02-27-2008, 05:33 PM
I can be there to do tech inspections as well, and I will be bringing possibly 7 cars for tech inspection (I was planning a private local tech session anyway, so this works out well...) - Greg

GA,

That is perfect. I know Dick was going to reach out to you about assisting, so this looks like a Win-Win for several folks.

Jay

dickita15
02-27-2008, 08:33 PM
Awesome Greg, Thanks. As Jay said I was going to give you a shout he if got much more that 6 or 8. He promised Beer too.:birra:

Greg Amy
02-27-2008, 09:37 PM
Do I get more beer for bringing more cars...? ;)

Da nada. As noted I had promised a handful of annuals anyway, so this actually works out, as I need my personal cars done, too (others should note we techies ethically shouldn't - and usually don't - tech our own cars. You never know what a fresh set of eyes can catch).

Jay, that 7-count is three Kakashi cars plus 4 Spec Wrecks I had promised to Don Duman. So, if he calls you, no need to double-count. - GA

JaxonMotorsports44
02-28-2008, 12:37 AM
GA,

Very good. Looks like we will have a good turn out. Beer included. swwwweeeeet!!!:OLA:

dominojd
02-28-2008, 06:45 AM
Jay, that 7-count is three Kakashi cars plus 4 Spec Wrecks I had promised to Don Duman. So, if he calls you, no need to double-count. - GA

Am I included in the 3 Kakashi cars? If not add me. Maybe I'll bring the car up early leave it up there for the trek to NHIS later in the week.

Greg Amy
02-28-2008, 08:05 AM
Am I included in the 3 Kakashi cars?
Negative; didn't figure you'd want to make the trip just for this.

Jay, make that 8... - GA

Jake
02-28-2008, 10:41 AM
Will the inevitable karting that we'll do after tech be a points race?

JaxonMotorsports44
02-28-2008, 02:36 PM
Will the inevitable karting that we'll do after tech be a points race?

Of course.. However it must be pre-beer. :cool:

dominojd
03-24-2008, 03:17 PM
Coming up soon. :)

raffaelli
03-24-2008, 04:20 PM
I will be there to get my helmet stickered.

dickita15
03-24-2008, 05:45 PM
I will be there to get my helmet stickered.
Yea right, your just there for the bench racing.:D

wdether
03-24-2008, 05:55 PM
For those that cannot make the April 5th date, there will be an annual tech day for the NEDIV HRG group in Montgomery, NY from 10 - 2 PM. All are invited, you are not required to have a HRG car. For information call Brion Tompkins at (845) 457-1575.

JTBirden
03-25-2008, 07:30 AM
Hey Greg or Jay, jeremy will be there with our car
just dont look under the hood;)

Tyler

raffaelli
03-25-2008, 08:58 AM
Yea right, your just there for the bench racing.:D

Drat! I have been exposed!

dominojd
03-30-2008, 11:05 AM
, jeremy will be there with our car

Tyler

Where are you gonna be? Curtain shopping with the wife. :)

JTBirden
03-30-2008, 08:14 PM
Ha! no. I have a trade show to go to. The only one all year thats on a Saturday.

JaxonMotorsports44
04-02-2008, 04:33 PM
Hey all,

Just a reminder the Annual Tech inspection will be THIS WEEKEND!!! Saturday, April 5th beginning at 10am. As a reminder, this inspection will continue until the last car has been TECHED that is on site.

Dick Patullo is gracious enough to come down and support our TECH needs, along with Greg Amy and once the last car has been TECHED the inspection will be over.

My guidance would be to show up at 10AM, no later than 11AM and then take some hot laps. We can do an heat or two of SCCA hot shoes :eclipsee_steering:

See you all there.

Tkczecheredflag
04-07-2008, 07:53 AM
Just a note note of thanks to Jay and his team of inspectors responsible for organizing the Tech Day - It was great to see everyone. For those of you who weren't there, bring a pair of sunglasses to NHMS for Crazy Joes new "shiney ride" - It gives off quite a glare now.:D

Thanks again Jay, nicely done!:happy204:

raffaelli
04-07-2008, 08:40 AM
Thanks Dick for traveling to put a sticker on my helmet!

My wife loved the karting track...on the way home she said 'isn't the building behind Kmart vacant?' (doh!)

JLawton
04-07-2008, 09:22 AM
Yes, thank you Jay, Dick and crew!!

And it gave us another excuse to sit around and BS!!!

raffaelli
02-25-2009, 06:22 PM
Is something like this going to happen this year?