PDA

View Full Version : S5 OMP bypass?

greendot
02-24-2008, 07:15 PM
Anybody have a simple way to disable the limp home operation if you don't run the OMP with the S5 computer?

seckerich
02-24-2008, 07:47 PM
You are screwed short of going to Motec or one of Chris's setups. If it has been done I havent seen it. I saw claims on some websites that they disable this section of the stock computer but do not know of it working. Good luck.:D

Black91n/aRX-7
02-26-2008, 02:36 PM
http://www.pocketlogger.com/index.php?pid=rtek7&tab=feat&stage=1&ecu=S5NA

Disables the limp home mode, but that's all. Might as well spend the extra $ to get the stage 2 with tuning abilities.

C. Ludwig
02-26-2008, 05:04 PM
The 2.0 doesn't offer OMP delete. It's an either/or proposition. OMP delete was on my original needs list when we were working with DTI to produce the race version and it was dropped.

its66
02-26-2008, 08:22 PM
Is it legal to disable the OMP? I didn't think it would be....

C. Ludwig
02-27-2008, 12:51 AM
If you do it by electronic means then sure. That's an open book.

greendot
02-27-2008, 01:46 AM
If you do it by electronic means then sure. That's an open book.

Are you saying that you can't remove the mechanical OMP and run pre-mix?

Aslo, I'm confused by what seems to be pricing differences for the Rtek unit from you and from DTI. What am I missing? How close are these out of the box for an IT car, or do they really need dyno tuning for each car?

Eagle7
02-27-2008, 07:41 AM
You can't remove the OMP. Premix to your heart's content.

C. Ludwig
02-27-2008, 09:31 AM

Aslo, I'm confused by what seems to be pricing differences for the Rtek unit from you and from DTI. What am I missing? How close are these out of the box for an IT car, or do they really need dyno tuning for each car?

When we first introduced the box there was a mod required to the "street" box to stuff the com cable inside to meet the IT rules. The street box at the time has a cable that ran through the side of the box so that you didn't need to remove the lid of the ECU to access the com connector. So there was an added $50 charge for the IT legal box because of this. DTI prices the street box at $399. My pricing reflects the additional $50 charge for the previous IT legal upgrade and a $50 core charge ($500) total. Now the upgraded com port is no longer required since the rule changed this year we can now sell the regular street box style com cable for the same price. I have not gotten my IT (info tech) guy to change my website to reflect this yet. If you're interested in a box drop me an email. I will provide them at the new price of $399 + $50 core. [email protected]

There is a slight difference in our race box and the street box to be aware of. The race box has a higher rev-limiter, and the timing v. coolant temp is locked out. I went back through my emails and saw where the guy who does the decoding and programming and I had talked about do an OMP delete feature in conjunction with race version chip. That was before Christmas though and I haven't gotten a recent update.

Chris Wire
02-27-2008, 11:02 AM
Is it legal to disable the OMP? I didn't think it would be....

Sure Jim, go ahead and bring rules into it. Whaddya thinkin'? :shrug: