PDA

View Full Version : Nikki Base Gasket Part Number

tom_sprecher
02-22-2008, 04:22 PM
Does anybody know the Mazda part number for the base gasket on a 1st gen RX-7? I can not find the part anywhere in the Mazda Parts Catalog.

Also, is the accelerator pump and vacuum secondary diaphragms replaceable and if so does anyone have a part number for those?

Thanks,

lateapex911
02-23-2008, 03:56 AM
Tom, I don't know the numbers, but ....

If it's the phenolic resin piece you need, it's probably available in the junkyards, or from guys who collect these cars like cough-dickita15-cough and cough-rickey thompson-cough. :cool:

I wonder if the seals and diaphrams you need are available individually. I've always gotten them in a carb rebuild kit sourced at my then sponsor, a NAPA store, and the kit included a base gasket (actually two)

tom_sprecher
02-23-2008, 09:58 AM
Thanks Jake, I have the phenolic piece but would like to replace the gaskets that sandwich it. When I bought the first car it came with a boat load of spares and two factory carb gasket kits which do not come with the diaphragms. The kit is p/n N201-23-510 and costs $13.30 (God I love Mazdaspeed). There is a "rebuild kit" that also comes with both diaphragms but the p/n has been superceeded and I do not know what the new number is. I probably need to call them.

I think I figured out the secondary (NLA - damn) and accelerator diaphragm (N201-23-361) p/n's last night. I might have to go to NAPA as the kits they sell I believe come with everything, gaskets (including base), both diaphragms and float valves.

E-3
03-06-2008, 01:28 PM
The phenolic piece is cosidered to be the base gasket on a first gen. The top and bottom gasket is made into it. You can use RX-3 gaskets 0823-13-221D if you need to replace them.

Estus White