PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Cell foam

pballance
02-20-2008, 11:18 AM
I discovered a fuel problem during school a couple of weeks ago and have traced it to degraded fuel cell foam. The foam was breaking up, clogging the filter, and then the bypass would allow the dirty fuel to flow to the carbs. As a result I lost about 600+ rpm as the rear carb would lean out slightly with the "junk" in the system.

I am cleaning/repairing everything including rebuilding the fuel pump but I have not yet decided how much foam and which type I need for the cell. It is a Fuel Safe cell ~ 12-14 gallons.

Which foam and how much should I use? I have seen foam as cheap as ~$60 and as high as ~$170 for the same quantitity. What is the difference other than who is selling it?

How much foam are you using? Do I need enough to fill the cell to a couple of inches below the top or only enough to slow slosh at the bottom of the tank?

I know, lots of questions. Thanks for your help in advance!

joeg
02-20-2008, 12:04 PM
fill it to within a few inches of the rop; replace every couple years.

Cells are a pain!

1stGenBoy
02-20-2008, 03:50 PM
Here you go. Made for your cell.

http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productselection.asp?Product=2506

Knestis
02-20-2008, 04:35 PM
Shop the circle track outlets before buying. They'll be a LOT cheaper than our typical retailers, I'd expect.

K

1stGenBoy
02-21-2008, 09:53 AM
Shop the circle track outlets before buying. They'll be a LOT cheaper than our typical retailers, I'd expect.

K

Yes, Kirk the circle track places can be less expensive and I can match generally match their prices for the same fuel cell parts and I can sell bulk foam that you have to cut,fit,make mess,etc and put it in your cell but the stuff I was pointing out is factory made for your size cell. No fuss no muss. It fits right in.Hope this helps . Talk to you next mon night.

Bob