PDA

View Full Version : Neon Exhaust?

Speed Raycer
02-18-2008, 11:51 AM
What exhaust setup are you other Neon guys running?

Straight through? Muffler? Side exit? Bumper exit?

We're getting ready to do our exhaust and were thinking straight through, side exit, but definitely don't want to deal w/ blowing sound and having to redo stuff at the track....

Rabbit07
02-18-2008, 11:55 AM
I run a rear exit with a straight through muffler under the tunnel. I have a Mopar Header. I often am very close to the sound limmit. 99-102 Db.

wcmcarlos
02-18-2008, 02:26 PM
I am new at this Neon thing, but I did not want any sound readings troubles, so I welded all from cat replacement all the way out the back with Mopar performance twin cam muffler, reworked to keep the outlets under the rear bumper, so they would not get hit by overzealous Miata drivers passing me on the starts.:cool:
The side straight exhaust that was on the car when I got it was way too loud, but now it is never going to get me a ticket to see the stewards.
Carlos

DaveBrooks
02-18-2008, 06:34 PM
I run dmuflown the tunnel and out the side with a turn down at the end.I put the muffler in the tunnel.:eclipsee_steering:

DaveBrooks
02-18-2008, 06:35 PM
I run dmuflown the tunnel and out the side with a turn down at the end.I put the muffler in the tunnel.:eclipsee_steering: