PDA

View Full Version : MARRS Numbers

steve b
02-15-2008, 03:31 PM
Just in case anyone didn't see the email, registration for MARRS preferred numbers just opened. I'm now officially car #87 in ITA (group D).:happy204: (my first number, can you tell?)

mlytle
02-15-2008, 08:57 PM
congrats on your first number!!!
will you be passing out cigars to all us group 1 drivers at marrs 1? :)

marshall

Gregg
02-15-2008, 11:57 PM
Steve-

Turn on your PM's and I'll send you details about the MARRS-ITA discussion group/mailing list.

steve b
02-16-2008, 10:47 AM
congrats on your first number!!!
will you be passing out cigars to all us group 1 drivers at marrs 1? :)

marshall

maybe to the ones that don't lap me.

steve b
02-16-2008, 11:03 AM
Steve-

Turn on your PM's and I'll send you details about the MARRS-ITA discussion group/mailing list.

Done, thanks

chewy8000
02-19-2008, 12:04 AM
I'm sure there are a few others in my position, but what happens with drivers that are hoping to get signed off at the next WDCR school in April? Since The MARRS season is only a couple weeks after school do we just get whatever numbers are left? Since we can't choose numbers until we have successfully finished two schools and have a competitive license how does that work?

Sorry for the rookie question and thanks in advance
T

erlrich
02-19-2008, 01:02 AM
I'm sure there are a few others in my position, but what happens with drivers that are hoping to get signed off at the next WDCR school in April? Since The MARRS season is only a couple weeks after school do we just get whatever numbers are left? Since we can't choose numbers until we have successfully finished two schools and have a competitive license how does that work?

Sorry for the rookie question and thanks in advance
T
Unless I'm mistaken, you can reserve a number as soon as they are open to the public - I don't think (correct me if I'm wrong Gregg/Marshall) you have to have your comp license to do so. You will need to register at DLB Racing's website, but if you've registered for the school you already have an account there. As far as which numbers will be available, yes you will have to choose from the leftovers, as prior year MARRS drivers get first choice.

JamesB
02-19-2008, 11:04 AM
Correct. I was still working on my permit when I went for my MARRS number request. But I was bottom of the barral and somehow lucked out with 28. Which reminds me, its time for me to reserve said number again.

Tristan, you already have a permit and a school and plan to finish the school requirement to race at MARRS 1 as a novice, so they should have no issues with you reserving the number.

dave parker
02-19-2008, 02:59 PM
Tristan
I am sure in the vast selection of numbers from 0 to 09 there will be a number that will work for you.:D
Try to pick something nice but not too expensive. Preferably something that will look good for when I get to race your car this year!:eek:

cheers
Dave Parker
WDCR HP#97

erlrich
02-19-2008, 03:13 PM
Tristan, you're not really going to let Dave drive your car, are you? Didn't anyone warn you?

mlytle
02-19-2008, 09:19 PM
maybe to the ones that don't lap me.
if it is a good cigar, you may end up running half the race glued to the front of an ITR car. :p

chewy8000
02-19-2008, 10:33 PM
Hmm... That car got trashed at the last school. And I have been spending alot of time in the shop this winter getting it back up to par. Dave, Is this because you crewed for meat the last school? I thought $100 of new castle would be enough. Whats wrong with your champion scirocco?:smilie_pokal:

dave parker
02-20-2008, 05:45 PM
Nothing wrong with the Scirocco, other than its in about 80 pieces at the moment.
No worries, I think I remember how to put it back together. :026:
I figured with all the laps I did in my neighborhood in your car that some hot laps on the track would be appropriate.

cheers
Dave Parker
WDCR HP#97