PDA

View Full Version : Paul Completes the Roebling School

Ron
02-05-2008, 10:35 PM
I want to congratulate Paul Ballance on completing the drivers school at Roebling Road last weekend. One year ago Paul ran until Saturday afternoon at the school and decided that he was not ready to do this, completly on his own. He returned a year later after running several DE's and even two hill climbs. The man can drive he just wanted to be sure. I was late to the instructors meeting due to heavy rain from Atlanta to Roebling. The chief instructor, Keven Allen, told me to watch the groups run and introduce myself to some students and offer a little advice. Paul was nice enough to listen to me point out a few simple things, stuff he alreay new, but he listened anyway. Along with Paul, Victor Manning in a BMW listened to me tell them a few basic tips on that "race craft" stuff. I did cheat. I picked two guys that could really drive. I just helped them pass with authority, get passed without messing up their own lap and other stuff like that. I gave them a few laps during lunch just to show them how I go around, not that it will work for their car, but it might be an option.
I told Paul and Victor that I would be on the race track with them without worry. If any of you ever have the yellow school bus Z in front of you or behind, be sure that the nut behind the wheel is a race car driver. You can be confident that he will race you hard, but always do what you expect a real driver to do.

WAY TO GO PAUL

Ron Sattele, instructor in trainning

pballance
02-06-2008, 11:08 AM
All I can say is THANKS to Ron for his help. I took it as quite a compliment when Ron said he would be comfortable on track along side of, or as I would hope, Behind me :)

Thanks again Ron.