PDA

View Full Version : Spec Cayman Series

paul59
02-02-2008, 05:17 PM
Just wondering, there is a rumor floating around about a spec Porsche Cayman series. The only thing allowed is to gut the interior, add cage... spec tires brakes, exhaust etc...
what do you think?

eMKay
02-02-2008, 07:25 PM
That $ounds $weet. But unle$$ it's a full prep $erie$, it would probably ju$t be a rich boy$ playpen.

lateapex911
02-02-2008, 07:25 PM
What do I think about the reality of the rumour? or the concept? I have no idea about the reality, but from my point of view, it sounds like the Carrera Cup, which is a great series. However, for me? Too expensive a buy in to wreck...there are better cars to race in a spec series...for me at least.

dj10
02-02-2008, 07:27 PM
Just wondering, there is a rumor floating around about a spec Porsche Cayman series. The only thing allowed is to gut the interior, add cage... spec tires brakes, exhaust etc...
what do you think?
Paul, are you sure this would be with SCCA? I would think if anyone would know, I would think Brumos would know.:D If you do build one, let me know if you need a driver.;)

Ron Earp
02-02-2008, 10:23 PM
Doesn't sound like the SCCA to me, nor NASA. Sounds like a PCA class.

JeffYoung
02-04-2008, 08:53 PM
Spec Prius for me. I figure, I build the car, the class will come. Shoeless Joe Jackson stuff, ya know?

I wonder what an unmuffled electric car sounds like?

paul59
02-05-2008, 10:50 AM
This was actualy started by some a group localy, but PCA and PCNA are thinking about it for a feeder series like Carrera Cup in the states...IMSA ... maybe... It will not be cheap that you can believe, but very cool...